Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:41 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Default LDON Assassinations broken?

Were these always broken? I remember them working before.. or maybe I am crazy.

Currently they correctly spawn the boss.. you can then kill the boss and get LDON win credit! (woot!)

But... zoning out and zoning back in INSTANTLY respawns the assassination boss! (doh!)

Can't really put any neat items on assassination bosses if they can be infinitely respawned :(

Tried this on 3 different servers and it worked on all.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
KLS
Administrator

This is just how it works.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Natedog,

To avoid this you can simple set your shutdown delay on your zones:

Code:
UPDATE `zone` SET `shutdowndelay` = 900000;
This will keep zones up for 15 minutes so players can't just zone out and back in to force the zone to completely repop.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Changing the shutdown timer will cause instance problems because when the instance is deleted it does not force the zone to shutdown. This means the next person to get an instance, even if it is different place, will be sent to this zone.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Changing the shutdown timer will cause instance problems because when the instance is deleted it does not force the zone to shutdown. This means the next person to get an instance, even if it is different place, will be sent to this zone.
I don't use the adventure system, but if this is true, that is poor reassignment of instances.

You should have a unique instance one per adventure - not recycle a zone that a previous group used.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Thanks for the replies all! I guess I will try to figure out a way to make it impossible to do the boss a 2nd time
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Natedog,

To avoid this you can simple set your shutdown delay on your zones:

Code:
UPDATE `zone` SET `shutdowndelay` = 900000;
This will keep zones up for 15 minutes so players can't just zone out and back in to force the zone to completely repop.

This seems to work I think.

Zone is available for 30minutes after completion of the Adventure. (which the rulevalue for this timer does nothing unfortunately since the code to back it up was never implemented)

I left 2 characters inside the instance 2 minutes before the zone was about to kick us out.. I killed a few of the static mobs and made sure they left corpses inside Instance ID 31.

When the zone kicked us out I used 2 other characters to request the same exact adventure and zoned in right away.. they got Instance ID 31 .. (same instance)... however all the mobs were back and the corpses were gone and the adventure was able to be completed in this "new" instance.

Zoning in and out did not repop the boss when the instance was in the 30min shutdown mode.

So this seems to have fixed it.. I was trying to overlap the instances but I could not get them to overlap. (gonna try with a different zone later like sorvani suggested might happen)

edit..
Tested with 2 different zone... and it seems to work just fine always sends you to the correct instance / zone.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I don't use the adventure system, but if this is true, that is poor reassignment of instances.

You should have a unique instance one per adventure - not recycle a zone that a previous group used.
I have not looked at the actual source code for the adventures section. It may properly cleanup.
I know for a fact that the functions exported to Perl to destroy instances, and the GM commands will delete the instance but not force a shutdown of a running zone. This was brought to light when PEQ changed the shutdown timers on the sewers, vxed, and Tipt instances to 15 minutes.
Player - would complete a Vxed mission and use the NPC to destroy the instance (31) since the expedition system does not exist.
Player B would request a new LDoN and the system would assign it to instance 31 since it was no longer in use ( but the zone was still up due to extended timeout and would get zoned in to Vxed.