Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Holy shit... A few periods got a LONG way.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:34 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I was thinking the same.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:29 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
"Go"

Grammar Nazi fail.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Oh sure, now you use punctuation.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Just to collarabate on what mjb has said, and before we start yes my grammer is awful, feel free to hate on it

But I am not any way part of the GM or DEV team and that i am just a player that loves the server,

Raid addicts has been around for many years now, so all that content of years and years is still on the server, this server has the possibility of keeping solo/groupers/boxers/raiders busy for months and even possibily years, has the server has been going strong for Years!!!

Now lets be Honest i could go on about how things are different on the server But instead Im only going to talk about the new Features and changed details which have been game changing!!
We currently have a development team of 2, with 2 guides

Mortenson – Server owner + development
Kinglykrab – Development
2 Guides to happily assist players with any issues and help with ingame situations also
Jollybones
Demorgoth

Current In game Features
Level 100 Max
Rof2 Enabled – Highly supported
Custom Tier - T1-T5 All very big tiers,
Custom Spells - thoughout 1-100
Skills- Now we all know when its a pain, Auto trained upon leveling!!
Bots to help newer players and non boxers, max of 3 ( Will explain this)
Active Staff – always someone around to assist with problems
Big Player Base – This helps when wantiong to take down harder stuff than you are capable of
Easily over 50 Custom zones including HUNDREDS of custom NPCs
Hub Zone – Compliled with quest npcs, trainers, spell npcs,
Teleporter - ( 1 universal teleporter) Running across 5+ zones to kill 1-2 mobs can be annoying just to Wipe, No more worry about that

Changes that have been made reccently for the Players!!!
Bot/Goon System-
For you those players that love having bots with you, this is perfect,
You get a total of 3 bots thoughout your playing time, But all within short playing time You get..
Fighter( Warrior goon) to help with your first adventure
Monk goon when you reach Kerra isle ( level 15) AND when you have achieved 60k plat from either farming mobs or other players, for some extra DPS
Druid goon – When you complete the Tier 1/2 Quests , simple killing older easier targets that are based for solo/Duo if harder mob
I Can not stress enough that these goons are only a pocket of power prepared to real players, As alot of the items buffing your power are clickys.

Tier Zones Rebalanced
Yes Tier zones are now re-balanced and now are constnatly looking at being reworked so they less tedious, less insane, and less grindy

Tier 1 – is Now solo based
Tier 2- Mostily Solo based with Bosses Duo
Tier 3 – Duo based, a couple bosses may need a group
Tier 4 – Group Based – Also Faction grind reduced by 80%!!!
Tier 5 – Current Raid Tier 1-2 groups required for the current events

Hub Zone Kerra Ridge
Previously the hub zone had just the primary npcs located at,
But Now Kerra ridge has actually gained the word Hub zone now being a network of NPCS
From merchants to tradeskills to Spell scribers to Guk( Alternate Currency) merchants, to tier1 – tier 4 quest npcs, , this is litearly the Network of Questing Hub!, So much to find, so much content to unlock , All quests scaling from level 1 – 100!

Previous Donater Zones Uqua/Forgotton Halls
Both of these zones are now Open to the Public, What does this mean?

Uqua - is one of the best levelling zones in the game ( well the server), Fast respawns Easy mobs,
Scaling from the bottom right to the top, Not only is it a good XP zone, you also get a good pet for free that will help you level alot faster with ease!
Event Spawner T1 – T2 Events – Yes you can spawn events that are respawnable after a HOUR , Where some of the events/mobs could be a multiple hour repsawn, You can farm Items/Events for T1-T2 here for ease and easy to reach, Without Having to zone, For example, ToV event ( Items for T2 armour quest), Kael Frost Giant Event ( T2 Molds )
Another Great Event would be the Dreksaleq ( Trakanon on live) – Drops 1 of the best T1-T3 augs i n game, NON lore,

Forgotton Halls- originally Donater Zone T2, Where this zone you can spawn some of the T3 bosses, Upgrade your Donator pet, and Also Farm a T3 boss for T3 Metzer Tokens!

These Zones are Equallly as Important for each other, with reducing down time when farming Tiers! Fully Unlocked Now Just say Uqua or Halls to the Teleporter

Custom Spells
1-87 – There is many spells thoughout 1-87 to help each and every class in leveling and lower content, as when the server first came live level 87 was max, meaning that these spells can work wonders for you untill T4+
88-99 – level 88-99 Spells was first interduced at the end of T4, as a End/ Nerf to DPS Necks Phase 1 ( when they was hugely Overpowered) These can Be achieved by a T1 , as these are a midely semi rare drop ( Runes 1 per level), in akheva which is a good leveling zone for 80-100
100- These are part of Tier 5 content, and also are droped by T5 monsters, But the fourtate thing about them is that they are infact Tradeable, and do have a High value with them so players do trade them, as these new spells can transform classes

New Features!
We Currently Have a Brand new Website online – Thanks to Kingly!
http://www.raidaddicts.org – yes its our old domain name back but updated to 2015!!
But with this new website it also Bring togethers whole new features!

Server Files
Competely upto date with the current files required to play on the server currently just Spells.
We know how much of a pain it is for playing other servers when you have change 8 files

Leaderboard
Are you Hardcore? Do you want to be the best of the best? Or do you want to spy on your guildes HP/Ac to become The BEST? Now this is possibile with a leaderboard on the website , You dont even have to be logged in, had a vacation? Want to make sure your buddy dosnt come close now you can!
As you can see, I Like AC – I can search for AC in Warriors ( could change to a SK if you played SK's etc)

Changelog
this one is well yeah, You can keep a eye on those " Nerfs"

Allakhazam Clone - http://www.raidaddicts.org/allakhazam/index.php
Yes An Allakhazam clone directed straight to the database,
So many benefits of a clone, Which is directed onto a server with years and years of content and work based upon it,
Ever thought of where that one aug drops which everyone seems to have but you dont have a clue? Now you do, Search the aug and it tells you the drop chance, Mob it drops,
Camping a Boss mob?, And unsure on the Respawn of a Mob?
Now this alla clone even tells you everything about the mob,
The HP's of said mob, The Respawn of the said mob, and EVEN the DAMAGE of the mob, incase you were curious if you could tank the said boss mob

Magelo - http://www.raidaddicts.org/magelo/index.php
Ever wanted Spy on anyones gear?, That other tank got all the same gear but that extra 50k hps?
Why not Check his gear + Augs out with one quick easy way
Old 09-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Thank you folks, great posts I am of course trying to be a better member of this community and do everything I can to help out. We recently gained enough player base to really move forward with all T5. The release of T5 will be soon and hope all stay tuned in to see how things pan out

Mort
Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

..........wildstar.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:19 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Quote:
I was thinking they went somewhere...

jus' sayin'

Congrats on the server, btw.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
Oh sure, now you use punctuation.
lmfao!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Development on this server seems to have stagnated. The forums they are using are hard to navigate. I have raised a few concerns but nothing has been addressed yet. I want to help contribute to the development of this server but I am not getting anywhere. I am a donator and this server is very good, but there are some issues and polish that could be addressed. I would like to see the server population increased as well, so anything I can do to help contribute to this project I am more than willing.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
Development on this server seems to have stagnated. The forums they are using are hard to navigate. I have raised a few concerns but nothing has been addressed yet. I want to help contribute to the development of this server but I am not getting anywhere. I am a donator and this server is very good, but there are some issues and polish that could be addressed. I would like to see the server population increased as well, so anything I can do to help contribute to this project I am more than willing.
I thought they were just using a Facebook page. Have you contact him and offered help? I know you said you raised concerns but did you do it to the owner?
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Development has slowed, yes, but only because we actually lost a developer. Kimura was assisting us, but due to personal matters he is no longer able to do so, meaning the work three people were doing is now on the shoulders of two. I do all of the script development, website development, and I fix minor content bugs or issues with items. The website isn't really hard to navigate, there's literally a dropdown on the index that takes you anywhere you want to go. The forum is from-scratch, written entirely by me, so it may not be as well designed as this forum or any other forum maintained by a forum community like PHPBB, but it works nonetheless. And to answer your question Provocating, we do have a Facebook page, and I don't think I've received a tell from Movement, nor has Mortenson, as Mortenson would tell me that someone was looking to assist.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:06 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Development has slowed, yes, but only because we actually lost a developer. Kimura was assisting us, but due to personal matters he is no longer able to do so, meaning the work three people were doing is now on the shoulders of two. I do all of the script development, website development, and I fix minor content bugs or issues with items. The website isn't really hard to navigate, there's literally a dropdown on the index that takes you anywhere you want to go. The forum is from-scratch, written entirely by me, so it may not be as well designed as this forum or any other forum maintained by a forum community like PHPBB, but it works nonetheless. And to answer your question Provocating, we do have a Facebook page, and I don't think I've received a tell from Movement, nor has Mortenson, as Mortenson would tell me that someone was looking to assist.
Looks like someone is offering to help!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Looks like someone is offering to help!
That would be up to Mortenson, I'll have him take a look at this thread and talk to Movement.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Quote:

Yes apologies for the slowing down, I also had to MOVE in the last few weeks so moving is always "OOOOOF" , but the dust is starting to settle from that so I can focus more on the server. As for development we would love the help but anyone who joins the team will need to answer to KinglyKrab directly for any Coding / Website additions or assistance. However I do approve the addition of more people so feel free to send me a PM here or email me directly at Kingmortenson@gmail.com.

Morty