Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:27 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Default complete live-like loot tables version 2.0!

VERSION 2.0

(note: this does not add mobs to the game, it simply adds the loot tables for (almost) every mob that is spawned)

AS ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATABASE FIRST:
Code:
mysqldump -u(username) -p (database) > backup.sql
where (username) = mySQL username and (database) = your eqemu database

A HUGE benefit of this package is I have already added the loot tables for ALL mobs in the game (that have data associated with them). If you decide to place spawns in say Plane of Storms, simply re-source the lootNpcUpdate.sql (to add the proper loot tables to the npc_types database) and your mobs will now have their loot tables done. To take advantage of this feature, it is vital to use the exact mob name from allakhazam and/or eqcollector.com. If you are only adding a few new mobs, just find their lootdrop IDs in my sql code comments, and add it to your spawn statement.

NEW IN THIS RELEASE:
Loot is now divided into 4 tables: wearable, tradeskill, spell/song, and misc. All tables have different odds to drop things, like only 1 wearable, many tradeskill, etc. This produces very live-like drop tables and is what PEQ uses to produce such sexy drops. You will need to update the loot tables and percentages for ubers if you want to guarentee items to drop.

Also new in this release is all future updates will perserve your loot tables, so no more fear of losing changes you make. You should still always back up your DB, but it was re-designed with this in mind.

Current bugs with this release:
None reported yet

Advisory:
All updates for the time being will come as new sql files, and the current tables below will need to be deleted. For this reason, it is not advisable to make updates to your loot tables if you plan to use my updates. Or, save your changes as sql "update" commands so you can source them after sourcing in my sql files.

WARNING:
Please note, by following these steps you WILL LOSE ANY LOOT TABLES YOU HAVE SET UP!. Please make a backup of your data (loottable, loottable_entries, lootdrop, lootdrop_entires, and npc_types specifically) before proceeding.

DO NOT RUN THIS IF YOU ARE USING THE PEQ DATABASE! We have already added (and MUCH improved) the loot updates found here to that release.

Steps to install:

1) download my files from here
2) extract the rar file into your sql\bin directory
3) step 3 no longer applies, ignore it
4) open a dos window and browse to your mysql\bin folder
5) type in the following command, assuming eq is the name of your database:
Code:
mysql -f eq<lootTablesUpdate.sql
and wait for it to finish, should be fairly fast
6) before you leave for work/school or go to bed, type in the following command:
Code:
mysql -f eq<lootNpcUpdate.sql
and wait many, many hours.
7) enjoy phat lewts from most every mob spawned

Change log:
v0.1 - 2004.03.21
- initial release

v0.2 - 2004.03.23
- fixed a bug reported by wolfman, where mobs not in the MW_055_alpha2 database were missing the first item from their loot table
- this also fixed the incorrect probabilities the rest of their loot table items were receiving

v0.3 - 2004.04.12
- PLAT DROPS (thanks sandy!)
- loots are now zone specific, so fayder/antonica orcs get the right drops, same with PoP/potimeb mobs, etc.
- added a lot of items by hand
- log file can be found here

v0.4 - 2004.05.13
- Updated to work with the new .57 DB release of MW, adding plat to mobs not in the last DB and new items
- Added all Velious quest armor drops
- log file can be found here

v1.0 - 2004.09.17
- completely re-done, hella accurate

v2.0 - 2004.11..05
- divided loot into 4 types of tables, thanks to PEQ team for making me write this update and their input

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Taggerung01
Fire Beetle

Very nice.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Wolfman
Fire Beetle

This is a very cool idea. However, I noticed when comparing your tables to allakhazam's that the first item listed on allakhzam's seems to be missing on a majority (didn't check them all) of the entries in the lootdrop_entries table. I don't know if its a problem with your script or something. For example:

Xegony Drops-
Quote:
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 16373, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Elemental Greaves Mold
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 16381, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Elemental Leather Pant Pattern
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 16388, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Elemental Silk Pant Pattern
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 13672, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Exquisite Phoenix Feather Mantle
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 26737, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Exquisite Puresteel Wraps
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 10234, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Simple Ring of Purity
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 14747, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Vest of Phoenix Feathers
INSERT into lootdrop_entries values (11399, 26788, 1, 0, '33'); -- Xegony_the_Queen_of_Air gets Xephyrus, Wand of the Flowing Wind
When Allakhazam lists:
Quote:
Elemental Chain Pant Pattern
Elemental Greaves Mold
Elemental Leather Pant Pattern
Elemental Silk Pant Pattern
Essence of Wind (PoP)
Exquisite Phoenix Feather Mantle
Exquisite Puresteel Wraps
Simple Ring of Purity
Vest of Phoenix Feathers
Xephyrus, Wand of the Flowing Wind
as all the loot.

The table your script created is missing the Elemental Chain Pant Pattern which happens to be first on allakhzam's list. The same thing occured when I checked the Avatars of dust,wind,smoke, and mist. I just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't noticed. And thanks for writing a pretty useful and cool script.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:40 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

I for one can NOT wait to try this out when I get home. (crossing fingers)
Old 03-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Thanks alot, this sounds awesome, i will try it out when I get home.
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 03-22-2004, 06:31 AM
sandy
Hill Giant

hello =)
you said u used a script to get all the loot tables
the script get infos directly from allakhazam's site and create directly the sql files ?

I was thinking about how to improve my looteditor for the next version, and was thinking about something like that
so i'm interested about you and your script if it does that
=)
Old 03-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Klasfide
Fire Beetle

this update works great, hope to see more, some mobs loot tables/loot still missing, I hope to see more loot-update.sql files for this addon GOOD WORK
Old 03-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Klasfide
Fire Beetle

Need to get a sql update patch to add plat drops to all of the mobs aswell
Old 03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Wolfman...thanks for the bug report. I found it only affected mobs not spawned in the MW_055 DB, and the code has been updated. I will post the new SQL ASAP.

Sandy: not a problem, let me get the kinks worked out and we can talk
Old 03-23-2004, 09:54 AM
jris
Fire Beetle

wow this looks really awesome im gonna try this as soon as i get hom!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Jezebell
Discordant

One thing I have noticed is that most of the Plane of Timeb gods are missing from the lootdrop table, and also the gods in Plane of Timeb that have loot are carrying their old loot from their previous zone. For instance Terris Thule has the loot from Plane of Nightmareb. Didn't know if you were aware of this or working on it so thought I would mention it, thanks alot for this update!
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 03-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Aquelin
Hill Giant

This looks very nice and I am fond of the idea you are working with. However, some mobs seem to have missing/incorrect tables. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:11 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Jezebell: The POT mobs are missing because allakhazam has appended (Plane of Time) to the end of every name. I will have to update these manually. In regards to them having their old loot table, I will be adding additional code that should fix this in the next release.

I have not played live in over a year, and only made it to BoT. Please keep the bug reports coming, especially for new expansions / zones past BoT.

Thanks everyone for the comments! This trip I am on (hello from Pheonix) has given me little time to do any work on this project, but I will keep chugging away when I can steal a minute or two.

GovtCheeze
Old 03-31-2004, 12:21 PM
RexChaos
Dragon

Anxiously awaiting your return oh master of the loot tables!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:36 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

The loot drops look pretty good. Sometimes there's a little more loot than there should be but on small servers, that's alright. This has been a HUGE help. Thanks again!