Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Ulfast
Fire Beetle

You have to set the MMF_MAX_NPCFactionList_ID higher then the highest id you have in the npc_faction table.

I set my MMF_MAX_NPCFactionList_ID to 101000 and it works fine by me.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:01 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

LOL... I jusat said that I was just letting him know he may wanna lower that number. Seems kinda silly to have those 2 up in the 100k range consdiering the other factions end at 19k.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:11 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

they were put up there so they wouldnt ever interfere with the others that wil be added as time goes on in future updates
Old 09-17-2004, 05:16 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yes that I realize and agree with. However, my point of view is that those last 2 factions could have been 49998 and 49999. That would have prevented the need for a re-compile. Emu is probably one of the easest compiles around, however my experiences have taught me to not re-compile when you don't have to. Also, when you think that Gov has merged most of the factions in Live into that databse and they end at around 19k entries, it is unlikely that will ever even get close to 100k, or even 50k for that matter. I know this is a stupid little point but I just like to keep things simple.

Anyway I just played around for a bit with the new factions and I have to say you impressed me once again. Our databases are beginning to look more and more like Live everyday and your faction and loot tables are a big reason for that.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

That is a good point about the faction and recompiling...

For anyone who hasn't sourced this yet, change any instance of 100000 to 49999 in kos.sql and 100001 to 49998 (simple search and replace will work).

I will update the sql and upload a new rar file

If you have sourced this in and want to change it, simply do the above and source it in, and be sure to:

Code:
delete from npc_faction where id = 100000 or id = 100001

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:12 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I think this update is a bit off. I got it to work without modifying source. You only have to change about 10 entries. Thats how many have 10 or more faction hits. They were all except 1 related to orcs as well. Which makes me think the faction update is a bit wonky. NO orc on live has 10 faction hits. what i am thinking is it perhaps merged the crushbone and deathfist factions together onto every orc.. may be wrong though, not sure exactly. Anyways i deleted the bottom faction hit off each of those 10 factions and it doesnt complain )
Old 09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Damnit I forgot to fix that before releasing this. Yes, eqmaps did not differenciate between gbay and commons orcs, so they have all factions. I will post a sql fix for it.

Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Can't get to the downloads for the faction updates. Just a heads up and hoping it's temporary because I haven't downloaded them yet.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:11 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Its back up, but if you are using the PEQ DB you do NOT need to use these files...they are already included.

Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Ah cool thanks. I was using a non-PEQ db but I've had so many problems with it that I'm starting over with a fresh PEQ db and importing what I've done into that.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:51 PM
zephyr325
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtcheeze
Its back up, but if you are using the PEQ DB you do NOT need to use these files...they are already included.
Question - if this is included in the current PEQ database download, I'm confused - the date on the downloads page (http://www.peqserver.com/view_files.php?filter=release) shows 9/18?

Or should I be grabbing the database from somewhere else?

Thanks...
Old 10-17-2004, 01:27 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

it's included in the classic database.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:32 PM
zephyr325
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
it's included in the classic database.
Cool - I'll keep using that.

Just a thought - might any changes going into the database, if it is getting updated, have anything to do with the "6.0-black-screen-after-character-create" problem? I ask as we've narrowed down (Lethal, Schoppew and I) that we don't get the error when using a barebones database, but we do when we try to use the PEQ database (and follow the steps on the DB page).

TIA...
Old 10-17-2004, 02:57 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

You can try the PEQ classic fix i posted on peqserver.com

We are using 6.0 on PEQ the grand creation and have 0 black screen issues.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
You can try the PEQ classic fix i posted on peqserver.com

We are using 6.0 on PEQ the grand creation and have 0 black screen issues.
lil shameless plug there sotonin?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.