Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

I am not exactly sure on how the PEQ does their numbering but I do not think an NPC can belong to a zone based on the npc_types.id because a given NPC can appear in any number of zones. Such as a Gnoll Pup can be in North Qeynos and Qeynos Hills.

In order to get Loot Table information for the mob in a particular zone you will have to start with Spawn2 to get all the Spawn Groups in that zone as any NPC that spawns in the zone will be an entry in a spawn group. Then you link to npc_types using the ID and from there to LootTable information which is spread out over multiple tables.

I used one query to display some of the information you need but my suggestion would be to write the query in stages pull out all the information from each table you need so you can reinsert the loot information with new ID's to fit your DB.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmar
I am not exactly sure on how the PEQ does their numbering but I do not think an NPC can belong to a zone based on the npc_types.id because a given NPC can appear in any number of zones. Such as a Gnoll Pup can be in North Qeynos and Qeynos Hills.

In order to get Loot Table information for the mob in a particular zone you will have to start with Spawn2 to get all the Spawn Groups in that zone as any NPC that spawns in the zone will be an entry in a spawn group. Then you link to npc_types using the ID and from there to LootTable information which is spread out over multiple tables.

I used one query to display some of the information you need but my suggestion would be to write the query in stages pull out all the information from each table you need so you can reinsert the loot information with new ID's to fit your DB.
Actually, the data I pulled from Cavedude's was what had the zoneID in the npc_types.id number - which is a very good idea . Maybe it was done for some other reason, but very effective in isolating the data by zone. It wouldn't be a bad idea to reserve the first three digits in the npc_types.id for the zone number - it also would be a good idea to include zone name in places like loottable.name and lootdrop.name; I'm going back through what I have done and adding this.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I have added 'zonename_loottable_id' to the loottable.name in my editor. It uses that convention as default now, and allows you to change the default under tools menu.

As Sesmar mentioned, npc_id's are reused in many zones, so that convention in the tables is strictly for the datatable developers and may not apply to everyone. Also in the db, I see so many types of level 1 skeleton's it makes you understand why loottables and npc_id's should be shared. Although I do think Angelox's system of unique npc_id's for each specific zone is also a good idea to tracking and managing specific zone's mobs. I use both methods.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-08-2006, 04:47 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

PEQ makes all NPCs start with zoneID*1000 (and I hope cavedude did this as well). So it makes finding some things easier. if a npc is in multiple zones, we have multiple copies of the NPC... mainly a side effect of packet collects. Anyhow, this is an established rule and can be used. Unfortunately, we did not make such a rule on any of the other tables... although an ambitious perl/php/python person could write a script to re-number all the loot tables and spawn tables base on some rules, which would make it a lot easier to dump entire zones in the future.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:38 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yep, I did the same thing with my NPCs. zoneID *1000
Old 07-09-2006, 04:03 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

I know that you can pull dumps from cavedudes database and source them into PEQ with out changing things and get no errors. I just spent yesterday and this morning dumping npc_types spawn2 spawn entry and spawngroup from cavedudes DB. Removed all spawns that were already in PEQ from cavedudes DB and sourced them into PEQ DB. Now i have PEQ DB upto luclin and all the other zones after luclin that are in cavedudes DB So best of both DBs combined now. Now just to do faction tables and loot tables for the newly added zones.

If the SQL files that i have dumped from cavedudes DB and weeded out all entries Of luclin and before will help you out let me know i'll find a place to upload them for you. Would make it easier on you then all you have to do is loot tables and faction for the zones.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallerin
I know that you can pull dumps from cavedudes database and source them into PEQ with out changing things and get no errors. I just spent yesterday and this morning dumping npc_types spawn2 spawn entry and spawngroup from cavedudes DB. Removed all spawns that were already in PEQ from cavedudes DB and sourced them into PEQ DB. Now i have PEQ DB upto luclin and all the other zones after luclin that are in cavedudes DB So best of both DBs combined now. Now just to do faction tables and loot tables for the newly added zones.

If the SQL files that i have dumped from cavedudes DB and weeded out all entries Of luclin and before will help you out let me know i'll find a place to upload them for you. Would make it easier on you then all you have to do is loot tables and faction for the zones.
Actually, anything that Cavedude did can be transfered to PEQ, simply because they both use NPCs. zoneID *1000 format (as long as the zone is unpoplated).
I've been "future" thinking about all this, and what you should do , and is what I am doing ; dump whatever zone you know well, finish up what it needs, then post the complete zone. But do it in this manner;
Put zone name and zone id's in everwhere you can, and use high numbers - example:
Dulak's "#an_enraged_soulstealer" is 225248, lootable.name starts with Dulak, Lootable ID is 22521130 , Lootdrop id is 22582050 - all 225's are the zonenumber. When you go to dump the data, you will be fetching only new Dulak data and the new loot data will add on to what cavedude already has in the PEQ database.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Dulak complete update

This one should be more complete than the last Gunthark one, as I was able to place ID on everthing I did.

Download page:
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/

Still have Nadox, Torgiran, and Hatesfury to go.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default LoY's Cript of Nadox complete

This zone is different from the other zones I've worked with - There are no named-mob static spawns anywhere in the zone. About half of the named can pop from death of another mob, and the other half spawn off an assortment of mobs in a given area. You need to also install the nadox perl quest scripts included with the download, if you want the "pop from death" named mobs. I think it's pretty close to live, and if you see anything that needs to be fixed, please post it.

you can download it from here;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/index.shtml

Last edited by Angelox; 08-03-2006 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Html Typo
Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Dude this is seriously awsome and appreciated work, thanks alot.

-Quick question... the safe zone seems to be in some wall deep inside, how do you change that? if you zone in from Gunthak its fine but if you use egress while inside or you use #zone to get there your stuck in solid rock.

Last edited by hayward6; 08-03-2006 at 05:39 PM..
Old 08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6
but if you use egress while inside or you use #zone to get there your stuck in solid rock.
I've actually seen that in a lot of zones. Once I get myself to a safe place, I reset the zsafecoords and zoning in is no longer a problem.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I've actually seen that in a lot of zones. Once I get myself to a safe place, I reset the zsafecoords and zoning in is no longer a problem.
I guess thats my question... how?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I have a program I use a lot, it's called "MySQL Query Browser", You can get it from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ , and its free - small stuff like putting in or changing to new zone coords are easy and quick with this as it gives you a "visual" on what you are doing. It also has a great "tutorial" on the bottom right hand corner.

or if you don't want to get into it, this should fix it;

Code:
REPLACE INTO zone VALUES ("nadox","","Crypt of Nadox",-643.06,-1349.17,-40.87,45,0,227,0,0,1,"",-2030,1500,2000,500,2000,0,0,0,0,255,0.75,0.4,2,0,0,0,500,2000,0,0,0,500,2000,0,0,0,500,2000,0,0,0,500,2000,"",1);
Also on the grids for this zone; if you see they are not right, I think I had fixed a few of the old ones, aside from the new ones I made (mobs were walking through the walls and all), you might have to use REPLACE instead of INSERT

I still haven't figured out how to place the POK book in the Gulf of Gunthak - I just put in two translocator GMs (one in gunthak and one in POK, where the stone is supposed to be) - if you want the quests, I'll post them too.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

theres an error in that statement somewhere, this is where I suck at this project I know nothing about sql and its really starting to hurt.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

well, I got the x,y,z set but it still places me in the same bad spot.

Last edited by hayward6; 08-03-2006 at 07:53 PM..