Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6
well, I got the x,y,z set but it still places me in the same bad spot.
zoning in and using #zone works fine, I only get stuck in the wall when I use egress now... maybe thats adjusted somewhere else?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
theres an error in that statement somewhere, this is where I suck at this project I know nothing about sql and its really starting to hurt.
The statement is corrrect, but didn't go in the forum properly - there are some zeros that get spread out, and make the error - go back to my site , I posted the SQL file there, or click here;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/NadoxZone.sql

Don't let SQL scare you, it's not that hard.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
zoning in and using #zone works fine, I only get stuck in the wall when I use egress now... maybe thats adjusted somewhere else?
Whats egress?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Whats egress?
Druid spell that teleports you to the safe spot in a zone and clears agro.

The only real strong point I have with this project is the fact that I have been playing eq live for 7 years and I still do. So I know whats suposed to be for most zones.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

There is a possibility you could re-start your server and the "spawn on death" values in your SQL be on, as the named mobs were not killed. Since the named mobs would not be there on restart, and the flags still on, they would never spawn again until the flags are properly set. I made these flags so as to insure the rarity of the mob; there will never be more than one instance of the same mob at a time.
Here's a solution I am using, that will insure the values are right at start up -
place this sql file file in your c:\mysgl\bin\ directory (or where ever your sql bin dir is) ;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/SetValues.sql

Then, you need to alter your eqemu "start.bat" file and add these lines at the top;

echo resetting global values ...
C:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe < C:\mysql\bin\SetValues.sql
sleep 2
echo done.

or, if your eqemu directory is in the same place mine is (as per 7.0 install), you can use mine;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/start.bat
Old 08-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Aggro for the Mobs

I had made some "general KOS" inserts for the LoY zones and forgot to add them in the files posted - so they are posted now if you want them.

http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default ZoneFixes for Gunthak

These files are a fix for the gunthak POK book and also the zone to Stonebrunt Mountains. You need to place the Perl quest files in the eqemu\quest\gunthak and poknowledge directorys.
Gunthak is the entry-zone for all other LoY zones, so you need this to be working.
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/

It pays to search well though these forums; Thanks to Belfedia's old zone line solution, I was able to make a flawless and invisible zone line from Gunthak to Stonebrunt -
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Torgiran Mines is ready

This should give you a working "Torgiran MInes" and is an update for anyone that had put in my original Cavedudes dump. You shouldn't have to do anything but source it in.
It's posted at my web page.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
jeffpuff
Fire Beetle

Default Thank you!

Thanks for adding your database to you website Angelox! I am at work now but hope to grab it when I get home, just have a couple questions...

1. Are you using Peq Luclin RC1 as your base?
2. Have you included Thristams PoK and Tranq work? (Thank you too Thristam)
3. I have done some work on spawn rates in Fungus Grove and added some missing named spawns ( such as Assassin in lguk... bards and thier needs to turn into dark elfs... ) is there an easy way to keep this work I have done and upgrade to your database? or by chance have you already taken care of these issues?

Just wanted to pick your brain for a second, as I am always looking for ways to upgrade my database with info from people smarter than me ; )

Jeff
Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpuff
Thanks for adding your database to you website Angelox! I am at work now but hope to grab it when I get home, just have a couple questions...

1. Are you using Peq Luclin RC1 as your base?
2. Have you included Thristams PoK and Tranq work? (Thank you too Thristam)
3. I have done some work on spawn rates in Fungus Grove and added some missing named spawns ( such as Assassin in lguk... bards and thier needs to turn into dark elfs... ) is there an easy way to keep this work I have done and upgrade to your database? or by chance have you already taken care of these issues?

Just wanted to pick your brain for a second, as I am always looking for ways to upgrade my database with info from people smarter than me ; )

Jeff
Hi, I'm using what ever came with the "Setup Guide For 0.7.0" which probably is still the newest one put up for download, and it is the PEQ database. But if you already have some work done and like to do your own work too, you'd be better off going through my web and sourcing in everything I posted. I just did that "backup-post" for anyone who had a new install. It does have Thristam's and a few others work in it also.
It's not hard to do, and once sourced, I'll always post whatever else I do, aside from the database-backup thing.
One thing I would ask of you is, to try an learn how to extract/post your work for us to share also.
And, I ain't that smart! these guys here are light years ahead of me. I'm just determined and stubborn
Old 08-12-2006, 06:44 AM
vales
Discordant

Wow! Thanks a lot Angelox. Your efforts are much appreciated. Going to give it a shot now.

Oh, I had a question as well. Which version of PEQ's database did you use? They have a new release from July 17th 2006 (Luclin RC1), and I'm not sure what they added or if you're using a much later release since the last release was back in March, iirc. Might want to double check theirs just in case - you might be doing work they've already done. Excluding LoY stuff, of course. :P
Old 08-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales
Wow! Thanks a lot Angelox. Your efforts are much appreciated. Going to give it a shot now.

Oh, I had a question as well. Which version of PEQ's database did you use? They have a new release from July 17th 2006 (Luclin RC1), and I'm not sure what they added or if you're using a much later release since the last release was back in March, iirc. Might want to double check theirs just in case - you might be doing work they've already done. Excluding LoY stuff, of course. :P
I guess that's why I couldn't figure out where to download it (It's posted some where else in IRC) - But no matter anyways, if there isn't any way to source it into what I have, then it's useless to me. I've done a lot of work in a lot of areas (not just what you see posted), and will not start over again.
What they should be doing is posting data that can be sourced into what we have.
I'd much rather find people willing to do what I'm doing. and with good comunication , together we can get a lot more done.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default Upgrade

I just sourced the pok.sql (posted by angelox) upgrade pulled from cavedudes db that installed all the doors , mobs ect. into pok. (by the way excellent job, worked great) Do you have a similar file for the LOY and POP zones? I would really appreciate it. I did find your website, but I couldnt figure out how to source the AX_TABLE into my peq database with the cavedude pok.sql > hope im making some sense.

I would like to say thanks to all of the people that make this happen as well. cavedude, angelox, fathernitwit and anyone I didnt mention.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon
I just sourced the pok.sql (posted by angelox) upgrade pulled from cavedudes db that installed all the doors , mobs ect. into pok. (by the way excellent job, worked great) Do you have a similar file for the LOY and POP zones? I would really appreciate it. I did find your website, but I couldnt figure out how to source the AX_TABLE into my peq database with the cavedude pok.sql > hope im making some sense.

I would like to say thanks to all of the people that make this happen as well. cavedude, angelox, fathernitwit and anyone I didnt mention.
Hi
Actually, I already had POK populated and working , and also had some additional stuff there like a zoner to nexus and some LoY transprotation.
If you're working from a basic PEQ DB, you're probaly better off starting with my DB as a base (as it already uses the PEQ DB as its base). I add CaveDude stuff a little at a time, so I can fix the zones as I go, but haven't latelly becuase I've been working on the older zones.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:17 AM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default LOY and POP zones

Ah ok, I got a pretty decent start to a database atm, I tweaked the tutorial zone which had mobs all at the 0 0 0 location and then added the pok books and spawn , doors ect to pok. I sourced the pok_7.0 zip and it worked great. (almost too easy) just wondered if you had something so easy for the LOY zones. I guess I can try to pull them out of cavemans and try it that way. Thanks alot for the quick response. Great work.