Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:41 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I downloaded your windows version on an extra HD to help verify any errors.

Only things on this server that, I believe, would/ might have any influence
Windows XP,
MS Visual Studios,
Xampp Server Panal Controls,
Useing MySql 5.0.

I also get the 1064 error code.

MySQL Error Nr. 1064 - You have an error in your sql syntax... use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 14.

no clue what is doing this tho, as I havent really had much time to examine it with the changes I am makeing to my dbase on the server.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies
I downloaded your windows version on an extra HD to help verify any errors.

Only things on this server that, I believe, would/ might have any influence
Windows XP,
MS Visual Studios,
Xampp Server Panal Controls,
Useing MySql 5.0.

I also get the 1064 error code.

MySQL Error Nr. 1064 - You have an error in your sql syntax... use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 14.

no clue what is doing this tho, as I havent really had much time to examine it with the changes I am makeing to my dbase on the server.
Did you try the original MySQL 5 version (it's posted up top the page)? I took the other off as it didn't help anyone.

EDIT;
What version MySql do you have?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I used the ax_peq15.rar,
not sure if you changed that version or not w/o a numeric change. If so, I will reload and retry (at least after i wake up.. been up all night now haha)
Old 10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's some points of interest from the MySql site;
Taken from here
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...1/unicode.html

Quote:
Migrating from 4.0 to 4.1

If you have been using MySQL 4.0 as I outlined above, storing UTF-8 data in string columns regardless of the default server character set, one of the things you will want to do after upgrading to MySQL 4.1 is actually let the server know the true character set of those columns. But if you simply do an ALTER TABLE myTable MODIFY myColumn VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8, the server will try to convert the data in the myColumn column from the server default character set to UTF-8. You need to do a two-step conversion to avoid this:

ALTER TABLE myTable MODIFY myColumn BINARY(255);
ALTER TABLE myTable MODIFY myColumn VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8;

If you have multiple columns in the same table, you should do each step for all of the columns at the same time, to avoid having the entire table rebuilt for each step of converting each column. The "Converting 4.0 Character Columns to 4.1 Format" section of the manual provides an example of that.

If you were already using a specific server character set with MySQL 4.0, you can see how those character sets were mapped to the new character sets and collations in MySQL 4.1 in the "4.0 Character Sets and Corresponding 4.1 Character Set/Collation Pairs" section of the manual.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
I was just told that this error comes from MySql DB with versions lower than 4.1

Code:
Line no.:42
Error Code: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 14
Time to upgrade!
OK..Yeah. It makes sense
So I guess Ill have to upgrade. Or try to.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:37 AM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Since I decided not to invest any more time into eqemu right now I am abandoning the guide.
It was a tough decision but there is more to life than sitting in front of a computer solving other peoples problems. I have more than enough of this at work.

There are enough people who set up a working Linux Server who can fill in the gaps.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:35 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

:(

But you were so good at it. I'll see what I can do to update. I've messed with FC4 enough to be able to set stuff up in about 30 mins now. But you are the master at finding low-level stuff I would never think of. I hope all is well, and we still see you haunting the forums, eq4me.

Take care,
J
Old 11-14-2006, 10:43 AM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
:(

But you were so good at it. I'll see what I can do to update. I've messed with FC4 enough to be able to set stuff up in about 30 mins now. But you are the master at finding low-level stuff I would never think of. I hope all is well, and we still see you haunting the forums, eq4me.

Take care,
J
Sure, but my job is getting a bit hectic right now. I rather spend my little spare time away from stuff that smells like work. Of course I will have a look what people update to the guide and make corrections if needed.

And to be completely honest I am a bit miffed that important information is only floating around in the forum and not updated in the Wiki. It isnt much harder to update the appropriate wiki entry and point to it then writing the answer in an thread.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

You are right. I personally will make more of an effort to transfer some of the data I see when I come across it. Maybe I'll start a trend.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:34 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq4me
I just commited the first part of it in the Wiki.
It is not complete yet as I a reconsidering some parts but it should help you over the most obscure part which was compiling EQEmu and getting/installing all needed software.

Since I am not an native english speaker I would be glad if someone can have a look at my spelling and grammar.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...nuxServerGuide
What an excellent job!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 AM
M3ta
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq4me
Since I am not an native english speaker I would be glad if someone can have a look at my spelling and grammar.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...nuxServerGuide

neccessary - necessary (2x) (amazing how the other native english speakers didn't see this one. shame on THEM, not on you)
serveradmins - server admins
an non-root - a non-root
binaries itself - binaries themselves (plural)
good advice and discoveries is floating around - are floating (again, plural)

All in all, excellent. Your english abilities are better than those from 99% of the americans/aussies/brits i know.
Kudos.