Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
cubber
Discordant

Crossover-games 7.1.2 has the "no model" issue after installing out of the box and doing the regular eqemu playguide setup steps.

I will see if I can find some tweaks that may help. Install went fine and the game starts right up with the following command:

I installed the game in a bottle called EQ with winxp template:

Code:
~/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle EQ --cx-app eqgame.exe patchme
Other than no models the game seems playable.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
cubber
Discordant

copying over the modified d3dx9_30.dll file linked on the wine site did not work. I don't have a copy of the regular d3dx9_30.dll file to test with as of yet. May have to install xp in a virtualbox to get it.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's an outline of what I did to get Wine and Titanium to work - I got this info from the posts at WineHQ forums ;
- Uninstall all Wine versions you have running
- Download and place this dll in your Everquest client directory
- Download and place this ini file in your Everquest client directory (overwrite what you have).
- Download Wine Version 1.1.12
You need to add a line to one of the files in /wine-1.1.12/dlls/d3d9/device.c;
On around line 198, just before "return hrc;" add this new line:
Code:
pCaps->MaxVertexBlendMatrices=0x4;
Now save, then go back to "/wine-1.1.12/" and run "./configure" , then "make", and finally, su to root and run "make install".

This works much faster/better than with Cedega, in fact, it now works just as if it were running under Windows, with all shaders and shadows.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
cubber
Discordant

I can confirm that the fix that angelox posted does work on wine 1.1.12 under gentoo.

However when I use the eqclient.ini file posted I am able to log into the game and play but I have all old school models. This is strange since in the file all the luclin modles are enabled. I also started enableing the pixel shaders, vertex shaders and shadows, then logged back in and it kept crashing at the character select. So now I guess its time to hunt down the perfect config.

Did you have this same issue angelox?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
cubber
Discordant

I also have a problem with full screen mode. The mouse seems to be stuck in the center of the screen and you can only move it around in a very very small box like area. Mouse works fine in windowed mode.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Should work with yours, I saw where ATI cards give problems , but not NVidia. How about permissions ?
I just granted all permissions to the Titanium directory.
You also have dual core processor and I a don't (could be a factor).
Some people has issues with shadows, so that might be crashing you.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
cubber
Discordant

I figured out the old school model issue. I did not have my server running and just logged into a random one that was kurnark only. So they must have been disabled on the server. When I logged into my server I have models using a fresh copy of the posted eqclient.ini file. I enabled sound and tweaked up my settings a bit but have yet to enable pixel shaders. All seems to be working now except full screen with the mouse.

I am also noticing that the mouse pointer location is a bit off in windowed mode. I have to click slightly lower than stuff to actually click it if it is small. Like the boxes in options.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I have the mouse issue too in windowed mode ( I like windowed better) - but works fine full screen.
What took away the "client crashing' for me was the new eqclient.ini I used from the link.

try loading your 'default_old' ui files, see if that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
I figured out the old school model issue. I did not have my server running and just logged into a random one that was kurnark only. So they must have been disabled on the server. When I logged into my server I have models using a fresh copy of the posted eqclient.ini file. I enabled sound and tweaked up my settings a bit but have yet to enable pixel shaders. All seems to be working now except full screen with the mouse.

I am also noticing that the mouse pointer location is a bit off in windowed mode. I have to click slightly lower than stuff to actually click it if it is small. Like the boxes in options.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
cubber
Discordant

I do not have an issue with the mouse pointer being off if I use a windowed resolution smaller than my screen resolution. IE 1280x960 instead of 1680x1050

Would be nice to get full screen working though.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
cubber
Discordant

Update:

I can use 1.1 pixel shaders

if I enable 1.4 or 2.0 I crash at character select

I can enable Use Advanced Lighting but it creates some wierd flashing colors in the background on character select also.

Shadows work, but I always found them to be a resource hog.

As for playablity , minus the above issues and the full screen mouse issue, it works just as good as it did on windows.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
cubber
Discordant

I just found out I cannot see spell effects. I made a monk to test and never used spells. But after I made a cleric and shammy bot and noticed that I did not see anything they casted did I realize that spell effects were not showing.

I then created a necro and tried to cast and did not see the effects. Just heard the sound and saw the hp drop on the bat.

I have spell effects set to high density and farthest plus opacity is at 100%.

Do you also have this issue angelox?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I used to have problems like that with Cedega. I have Mandriva 2009 with an NVidia GForce 6100 card - I have Resolution at 1024x768 with desktop and eq client set to 16 million colors.
In my hardware setting for the "Graphic Card options", I had to enable Translucency, Use Hardware accelerated mouse pointer, Enable RENDER acceleration. (wasn't like that by default). I don't know if that helps the game, but you might want to try it out.

EDIT I can get everything to work on mine (all pixel shader versions, lighting, etc.)
Old 01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
cubber
Discordant

When you say graphics card options, I take it you mean a gui interface that configures xorg.conf for you? I do not see any of those settings in nvidia settings but it sounds like some of the settings you would manually add to xorg.conf.

I have RenderAccell set to true
I also have compositing set to enabled

The wierd thing is I can see the spell effect that shows on a character when the level up as well as when I #bot update my bots. Just nothing else.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I guess that's why I chose to stay with Mandrake (Mandriva) all these years; since they were the most 'Windows-like' , it made my migration from Windows to Linux much easier. 'mandriva-drakconf' is a graphical Gui for configuring things like Hardware and a few other things (since I suck at typing, I look for these things anyway).
If you're seeing partial spell effects, than it must be working - maybe you have something unchecked in your client config?
Did you try setting desktop and client to resolution at 1024x768 with desktop and eq client set to 16 million colors?

Last edited by Angelox; 01-05-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 09:24 AM
cubber
Discordant

Angelox do you mind posting your xorg.conf file. Should be somewhere like /etc/X11/xorg.conf