Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM
blindaviator
Sarnak

Default Item Desyncronization

I know there was another thread running for this but reading through it one post said to start a new thread..

I recently started my EQEmu server back up with a fresh install of everything. I was able to get it all going with little trouble.

But it seems I have came up with the Desyncronization bug. It seems no matter what items I try to equip / summon I get the Desyncronization message and the items turn into coins or vanish completely.

If I run an #itemsearch for an item and then #giveitem to my toon I can equip it about 2-3 times before it will Resync. Then I try to give that same item again and it isn't found (nor is any other item found). I have to do another search and then it will find the item and the give command will work (rinse and repeat).

I have even tried equipping a rusty dagger and it will desync and vanish. The system is pretty much unplayable at this point...

Any suggestions on what I should do for resolution?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Uleat
Developer

Yeah..the resync code I added is responsible for the item(s) vanishing/turning into coins.

It activates on any failed server item swap. (I had to push a nominal item to avoid client errors when sending delete commands to empty slots.)

As far as CSD problems, this is the first time I've heard of any problems in the year since I worked on this..with the exception of people using
MQ to cheat client-server communications.

My first recommendation is to log out and in, or zone after receiving this message.

I disabled the auto-delete code when a failed swap occurs and replaced it with the resync code. At worst, you should only receive a little spam
with a failed swap.

However, there are a few instances where items can be swapped that should fail, but are not. There's nothing we can do about that since the
client only sends slot id's and not the actual item id when moving things around.

In this case, a desync can lead to deleted items..but, only by the player thinking that they're deleting item 'A' and the server is deleting item 'B'.

[Your Case:]
- What client as you using?
- Are you on a private or public server?
- Have you used MQ? (don't answer publicly if you play on a hosted server)
- Are you using the bandolier? (fixed as far as I know..I didn't get much feedback either way)
- Is this the only problem you've experienced?

- Anything else you think is pertinient..and we'll go from there

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 08-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Client?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 PM
blindaviator
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
[Your Case:]
- What client as you using?
- Are you on a private or public server?
- Have you used MQ? (don't answer publicly if you play on a hosted server)
- Are you using the bandolier? (fixed as far as I know..I didn't get much feedback either way)
- Is this the only problem you've experienced?

- Anything else you think is pertinient..and we'll go from there
I guess I should have given more details in last post..

I am using the Underfoot client. I used the same client earlier this year when I was running another server and had no issues.

I am using a private server for me and my friends... Not using MQ or any other mods other than a custom UI... Didn't think to try disabling the custom UI to see if that changes it (will try that tonight and see if it makes a difference.)

I am not using the bandolier.

So far this is the only issue I have found...

When it loses sync it acts like the Items DB has just vanished... Once it loses sync a giveitem will not supply anything... Once you run an itemsearch then ANY items you did a giveitem on earlier will show up on the cursor... It seems to stack the items and when it reconnects it completes all the commands at the same time and stacks them on the cursor...

I will try reverting to the default UI in a while and see if that changes it... I will reply with the results afterwards...
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 AM
blindaviator
Sarnak

I reverted back to the default UI and it still have sync issues...

I have restarted the computer multiple times and that doesn't change it...

Could the SQL server version have something to do with it possibly?? Currently I am running SQL v5.6 (it was the version bundled with the XAMPP I installed)...
Old 08-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm not sure about the bundled version..someone else may have more knowledge on that.

Try verifying the actual database entries for your transactions..you'll need to refresh the table after each update.

You might also check the log files to see if there any fail entries there.

Compilin' Dirty