Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Reality Server
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Reality Server

So I have been playing around EQEmu for a couple years now. I have thought of an idea and a server that I personally would like to play on. If it seems to have a following, I will bring it to life. This is my idea.

---

You create your person and are left a world with nothing but the clothes on your back. You must fight to survive. Food is created, and weapons are made. Nothing is ever handed to you, nor is it looted from an enemy. Instead, enemies drop supplies. These supplies are used to create new items. Pelts, sticks, rocks all dropped by your enemies. Trade, sell, and barter your way to become better than the next person. Each person is going to play a role in creating the world and being able to take on tougher challenges.

*Features*
-A non-level based world. (Since when is life based on levels? Are you better than someone else? Prove it. Make people seek you out over someone else.)
-Moderate RP. (You play a role in the development of the world.)
-/ooc disabled. (I didn’t know you could talk to everyone in the world all at once!)
-Title based classes. (Everyone will be called “Citizen” however, titles will be used tell someone from another.)

*Classes*
-Hunter – Hunts the enemies.
-Chef – Cooks the meat, makes the berries eatable, etc.
-Smith – Makes your weapons and armor.
-Lumberjack – Makes big logs, smaller.
-Tailor – Can create backpacks, belts, shoes, etc.
-More to come.

*Additional Notes*
-There will be no boxing. You are a person, since when can you be two people at once.
-Mercenaries on the other hand, mercenaries can be hired, but are not cheap. If you want a hired hand you are going to have to pay for it. However, they will be stronger than normal. These mercenaries can be found in the major towns.

---

Be honest and give me some feedback, am curious to see what the community thinks. I won't be around anymore tonight, but will check it first thing in the morning!

Thanks,
Reality Server
Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

That sounds like such a new game you would basically be coding a new one. My take is it is not viable.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:53 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Personally, if you manage to get this going i think it would a amazing idea

But it would be very hard to code though i think, although secrets can do anything, so maybe its possible

Best of luck though
Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

no /ooc thing will require substantial player population, or limited started area to keep everyone close, otherwise if player runs into a problem like : how do I make a simple wooden club??? And there is no one around to ask - the guy will quit after 5 min
Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

This really isn't that hard to create.

For trees and such Secrets is already working on that type of shit, but you could in theory make your Wooden Axe proc (Wood Chop) for a point of 1 damage, and each time a tree is hit, it has a possibility of deleting your axe/providing woods/or killing tree.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Reality Server
Fire Beetle

Wow, mixed reactions. I personally didn't think it would be too hard to do. I was thinking along the same lines as Maze.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Drajor
Developer

All of that is fairly trivial in terms of difficulty. Obviously building content will take some time. The only thing you (probably) can't do is name everyone 'Citizen', the titles stuff is easy though. I played(and botted) A Tale in the Desert which is similar and really enjoy the genre. Go crafting!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Reality Server
Fire Beetle

To clarify: I didn't mean naming every character to Citizen, everyone's class will be Citizen.