Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Stappy
Fire Beetle

Default (To the Devs) Please Post Plan for LOGIN

Can the Devs please make a consolidated post or sticky indicating the current status, issues and plan.

Many folks are going to leave EMU because they do not know what the problem is. There a bunch of posts from palyers, with a bunch more repsonses from both players and devs responding to the login issue. It is very difficult to find the latest and newest info on the status of the problem.

It would save many of us a lot of time trying to login if we knew what the scoop was. I read that you are looking into a new server and ask for donations...well, please keep us in the loop.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

I'm no dev anymore but here is what i gather..

LS is down. Donation link removed, wait and see what they do.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

it would be dandy if they could give us an update here and there in a easy to find thread. it would cut down on posts about downtime if folks knew what was going on.

as is, we're just patiently waiting for updates and not really seeing anything.

you don't have to dive super into detail, just a quick one or two liner stating progress would be awesome. I've seen plenty of book length technical posts on ideas but I still don't really know what the game plan is or what's already in progress.

we realize this is something you do out of your own free time, something you do out of your own desire to better the eq emu project, and we appreciate that. thanks for all of your hard work.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b View Post
I'm no dev anymore but here is what i gather..

LS is down. Donation link removed, wait and see what they do.
sadly that is what I gather so far as well, but I have seen hints here and there of a server being shipped and supposedly dropped (??) and needing a drive rebuild. details like that are just left foggy.

waiting is fun and all, but there have been a lot of proposed solutions so it would be cool to see what was chosen.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Stappy
Fire Beetle

I just want to know a projected time that everything is good to go. If it is 2 days, ill check back then, if it is two weeks, ill check back then, etc.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

word, I hear you there. I don't need to know every technical aspect, just hearing a plan is chosen and an eta is gravy with me as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

The most recent eta I was told was "When its ready".
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
KLS
Administrator

I'm *still* waiting for the server to be put in my name.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

that's a bummer. what's the hold up?

is there anything we can help prepare while we wait around?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
KingMort
Banned

Look if you asshats would stop bothering people about it ... would get done faster!!!

Doodman is stressed out enough as it is with all of this bullshit taking time away from his RL to deal with this isn't that comfy!!

Meanwhile all of you are at eachothers throats begging and thriving to take charge of the project (devn00b) ect ect...

We all know there is only really one person who is worthy of this and that is KLS...

Give them some dang time to figure it out.. and until then remain calm!

(Just flame me , that will take your mind off it, www.raidaddicts.org then click forums then click Flames and Rants)

King
Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

we're asshats for being calm and asking questions in a polite manner? maybe you should read the thread and re-evaluate how you approached your response.

not asking for more then a couple minutes of anyones time, just asking for a quick one liner update. tired of the hush hush mentality that has been around the Emu project for a long while. my account might say 08 but I've been around plenty longer.

thanks for the update, and your hard work, KLS. no one is demanding anything, just curious what's new.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:23 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Look if you asshats would stop bothering people about it ... would get done faster!!!

Doodman is stressed out enough as it is with all of this bullshit taking time away from his RL to deal with this isn't that comfy!!

Meanwhile all of you are at eachothers throats begging and thriving to take charge of the project (devn00b) ect ect...

We all know there is only really one person who is worthy of this and that is KLS...

Give them some dang time to figure it out.. and until then remain calm!

(Just flame me , that will take your mind off it, www.raidaddicts.org then click forums then click Flames and Rants)

King
haha your a character Mort haha, secretly advertising your server to make us think your not, lmfao lol jk
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
PathToEternity
Fire Beetle

EDIT: na

10chars
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stappy View Post
Many folks are going to leave EMU because they do not know what the problem is.
No one is leaving EQEmu, and if they do, big deal. It's less whining these guys have to tolerate. After the years of calamities and upheavals this project has endured for over half a decade, I think it'll survive if you and your buddies stop coming here and telling everyone what a crappy job they are doing.

I will give your post one credit in concept; a consolidated sticky with updates would be nice. But then, double-edged sword again. Now there is a sticky for updates, and y'all will whine about there not being updates every hour on the hour. They just can't win!

So meh... whereas before I myself thought NOTHING was being done, now at least I am confident someone is doing something - and those someones do care - and things will be taken care of as time allows.