Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Emulators

I have a fascination with emulators, and always have. From what I have seen there are not that many emulator projects that have keep the momentum as EqEmu has. The only ones that seem to come to mind that are very complete would be RunUO and Trinity Core. I have messed with Dawn of Light, SWGemu, Aion, L2J, etc...

Are there any that I have missed ?

I know the EQ2 emulator has completely stalled out, which is a shame.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I know the EQ2 emulator has completely stalled out, which is a shame.
Oh I disagree, EQ2Emulator may not be blazing away at WoWEmu speeds, but it is still being developed constantly. In fact, I do not see EQEmu feature implementation being any faster than EQ2Emulator, but EQEmu has a fantastic community to support it. Our "deadness" comes from the fact that, for whatever reason, no one seems interested in an Everquest II emulator.

If our forums saw 100 posts a week like this one does, our little project would feel quite alive

/defensive-mode off

http://eq2emulator.net
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
provocating
Demi-God

It is a perceived thing one my part. I follow all of the emulators....

Dawn of Light (DAOC)
L2J (Lineage 2)
AION
RunUO (Ultima Online)
SWGEMU
EVE - making progress
Trinity Core (WOW)

From what I remember reading on your forums you did not have a C++ coder and that was the hold up. I am actually very familiar with you, probably read all of your post on your forum, which I frequent. I know you are the leader of the Eq2Emu movement and what is keeping it floating so to speak. On that note, I have not played your emulator in at least a year, time to fire up SQL and see what has happened.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Vampire1212
Sarnak

Just as John said, apprently no one wants to Emulate EQ2 :/ Which is ashame as I' love to levle myself to 90 and raid solo. : P
Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well from looking at the database and the code, it looks way more up to speed than I had originally thought it was.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Vampire1212
Sarnak

Were doing pretty good, we have a lot of content in reality, just in forms of raw data that hasn't been 100% populated as of yet. I was working on Halas at the moment.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I have my EQ2 server up and running. I think I have client issues. Although I purchased just about every client they had for EQ2, I cannot seem to get my original downloads because they patch to the latest. I am getting my friends since I legally have purchased Sentinel's Fate, I just opted for the digital download, dumb me.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 PM
KingMort
Banned

I miss Dawn of Light

Makes me want to load it up and play some DAOC with my Reaver !
Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
dburg30
Sarnak

I'm checking out arcemu (a wow one) is trinity a more updated / complete one? Havent really sorted out the good the bad and the ugly in WOW emu's

and am hoping SWGEmu keeps cranking like it is now. With SWG overwith, it seems they have REALLY picked it up over there! Cant wait to be able to get my own SWG server set up.

Will have to look into the DAoC one. Kinda forgot about that game
Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I have tried all of the WOW emulators. By far Trinity Core has been the most stable, no junk in the code. It is also the most active as far as I can see. If you check the code updates every day, it is extremely active compared to the others, ArcEmu, Mangos.....yada....yada.

I tried the others, too much stuff poorly implemented. Before it goes in the Trinity Core, it works. If ICC is not done, it does not go in there half ass.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I like how Trinity incorporates their codes and database together as one project instead of having 3 different projects trying to make their stuff work for each other.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well they had said last year, "we will not do the next expansion".

Like I say, "never say never".

They are doing the new expansion as another project, but they are doing it.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 AM
dburg30
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinreg View Post
I like how Trinity incorporates their codes and database together as one project instead of having 3 different projects trying to make their stuff work for each other.
Yes.. that made it VERY easy to get going.. I never really cared for WoW, but to be able to mess around on one and not have to pay, cant pass that up. Plus seeing how different groups deal with the workings of games is interesting too.. I still say that EQemu is the easiest to understand to make changes and additions to.