Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

You're a lifesaver. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Maybe you can provide some insight on this: Secrets told me that there is a bug in the Titanium client that doesn't play the pickchar.mp3 during character selection. You know a way around this?
Old 06-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I'll take a look in a couple hours. Maybe it's not being referenced in the correct character picker zone .emt file.

Titanium had a few glitches like that where they rushed unfinished/buggy things out for disc shipment, with the understanding that they could fix the problems later with the patcher.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
I'll take a look in a couple hours. Maybe it's not being referenced in the correct character picker zone .emt file.

Titanium had a few glitches like that where they rushed unfinished/buggy things out for disc shipment, with the understanding that they could fix the problems later with the patcher.
Appreciate it!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

It works!!!!! I did a test for the kelethin theme, and everything you said was spot-on. However, after I leave the specified area in which I want the files to play, the music just cuts out with no fade out. Would you possibly have any idea of how to make the music fade out so the themes are seemless?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Shendare
Dragon

If that's supported by the client, then it may be one of the 0 / 0.0 / 1 / 1.0 options that it isn't clear what they do. One of them may be a fade level or speed. Would take some trial and error experimentation to see.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
If that's supported by the client, then it may be one of the 0 / 0.0 / 1 / 1.0 options that it isn't clear what they do. One of them may be a fade level or speed. Would take some trial and error experimentation to see.
Testing those parameters now to see what they do. I'll report back. Do you know which emi file governs the death theme?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Shendare
Dragon

It appears that the files are referenced in soundassets.txt. What ties an individual race and event to a particular sound file (how the client knows to play sound 1157, or gbl_dth.wav, when a goblin dies, for example), isn't clear right off-hand.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Aha, and right after I said that, I found it.

The game has such data recorded in racedata.txt.

Race # 369 is the new goblins, and the goblin sounds from soundassets.txt (3457, 1155-1158) are included in the many unnamed fields in racedata.txt for that race.

Parsing racedata.txt might be very interesting, when one can find some spare time for experimentation.

If you're wanting a reference of races, I have a race inventory available online:

http://shendare.com/eq/emu/eqri/

Last edited by Shendare; 06-01-2015 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Unintentional smiley
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Good stuff, thank you. I'm not really concerned with replacing those sounds. I'm just concerned with the music themes. When the player dies is what I meant. It plays that MIDI death theme that I would like to replace as well.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Hmm... looks like that's deaththeme.mp3.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Haha, that's it! I had forgotten I deleted the file to play the XMI version. I'll just replace that file with the redone classic theme! Thank you

Did you ever get around to looking into the pickchar.mp3 bug?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Once I got home from work I had to deal with some paperwork stuff with the new owner of the place I'm renting. Boring, boring, yadda yadda. Should have time to look at it here pretty soon.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Seriously, thank you so much for helping me.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Alright, I fired up Titanium, SoF, and RoF2 clients and connected to my local eqemu server, and all three behaved exactly the same music-wise for character select. They all played the short main EverQuest theme.

However, I had to turn music on for SoF and RoF2. I don't know whether I turned the music volume down to 0% myself at some point, or whether they default to 0% and you have to turn the music volume up in order to hear music.

Tags
everquestmusic