Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default Clicky Spell

I have an item that I'm trying to make into a clicky for healing (lesser healing). It works fine, but only on self. I've looked through the entire row for the item and can't seem to find how to turn it into a "cast on others." Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Congdar
Developer

I haven't tried it on emu, but on Live the Bracer of the Hidden was able to cast see invis on others. If it works like that on emu then maybe compare your db settings for that with your custom item db entry.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

make sure item is not a potion or has potion flag - potion flagged items automaticly self only
Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Unfortunately, potion as itemtype (21) seems to be the only one that actually casts the spell. The difference between this and the Bracer of the Hidden is that the bracer is a worn item (hence, the itemtype is 10, armor), while the item I'm using is a plant, and sits in an inventory slot (much like a bandage).

I guess I could make it the same effect as a bandage, but I was hoping for a better heal than that--unless a bandage can be given more power.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

umm if item has a worn effect- then its defently NON clickable =)

the first exmaple with cast on others effect that comes to mind is Scimitar of Naturewalker- druids epic. Take that and replace the dot with a heal and try that in game.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Okay, more perplexity. I copied the attributes from the bracer to a necklace (instead of a plant), except for the clicky (which I retained as light healing). The click heals self, but when I target someone else who needs healing, it says "Your spell did not take hold." The target is level 10, so I know he's within range of light healing. The attributes are set for all classes and clicklevel of 0. Any suggestions?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Same problem with the Scimitar settings--"your spell did not take hold."
Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

there could be a few issue with targeting others:
does target an npc?
you or target under pvp flag?

does plain unmodified Scimitar clicky works?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

btw Druids Elder Spiritist Legs from Kunark had a clicky buff which could be casted on others

take that and try using it - if it doesnt work- then you have have a problem with your server code or settings
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

I'll try the Legs when I get home. Wasn't there a cleric epic that had a heal clicky? I don't remember if that was Live or Shards of Dalaya.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Okay, coping the legs attributes didn't work either. So I tried just memming the spell and casting it on a player. Still does not take hold. I tried casting it on another player. Still does not take hold. I had another player mem and cast the spell on me. Did not take hold.

There is something preventing spells from taking hold on other players (self works fine) on my server. It's possible I changed a setting on a file, but I'm not sure what it could be. Should I try overwriting my spell files (I hate to do this because I renamed a number of them)?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

did you tried the legs themselves? just take the Spiritist legs and use them ( thgout i guess it won't work neither basing of what you saying)

There was a common issue when server was missing .map files spells would always say that Target is Out of Range. (may want to check on that)
Do detrimental spells land on mobs?

the only LEGIT reason a beneficial spells do not work betwin players is when one player is a PvP flagged player while another one is not.
or if one of the players have Invulnerability turned on

PS. You saying you have cutsom spell file. Back it up (so you don't waste your work), put in ORIGINAL spell file for client and server - and see if that works
Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Quote:
the only LEGIT reason a beneficial spells do not work betwin players is when one player is a PvP flagged player while another one is not.
DOH!

Boy, that's a lot of hours changing db entries for nothing. Thanks, that fixed it.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiv View Post
DOH!

Boy, that's a lot of hours changing db entries for nothing. Thanks, that fixed it.
Ha! I would have never expected that to be an actual case =P Glad it worked =P