Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Default #bot group guard

When using #bot group guard the bots no longer attack with me. I am familiar with this, but would like to change it. I looked at the code and it seems that it calls the mob function that has the bots stop following (SetFollowID (follow = 0)). This works ok as it keeps them from moving, but any ideas on having them keep on my agro usage?

IIRC angelox has a #bot group stay command which is more of what I am looking for.

I'll look more into it when I get the time if no one has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Criimson

EDIT: NM I found it. Leaving this here though as I will use this thread to post the changes.

Basically in the bot AI it equalizes the followid with helping auto fight

if(!IsEngaged()) {
if(GetFollowID()) {

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so here is the fix I am going to use for now.
Feel free to change it to suit your needs. I am sure not everyone wants them assist when guarding, but I see no reason for my bots to just stand there.

In the AI_Process function this is the change (only added one check but placed a large portion of code for clarity of where to look

Code:
if(!IsEngaged()) {
		if(GetFollowID() || BotOwner) {
			if(BotOwner && BotOwner->CastToClient()->AutoAttackEnabled() && BotOwner->GetTarget() &&
				BotOwner->GetTarget()->IsNPC() && BotOwner->GetTarget()->GetHateAmount(BotOwner)) {
					AddToHateList(BotOwner->GetTarget(), 1);