Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Custom

Quests::Custom Custom Quests here

Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

I just realized if the script still doesn't work with the correct password, then its cause the perl to mysql thingie isn't install. Had that problem a few years ago, and is simple fix.

Try this from command line:

ppm install DBD-mysql

If it installs anything, then that is what you were missing. Else perl can't connect to mysql database, and therefore the menu won't show up cause it needs values from the database tables via DBI!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Also, when your in game, type this:

#logs quest
#reloadquest

Now it'll show you debug info with line numbers where it is broken in the quest file, etc. Helps to figure out where problems are occur real fast!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Maybe this can help other people too, so I'll post question I got in PM.

Quote:
THanks for the help. I went to install
and got a "PPM gives me a 401 Authorization Required" .

is there a way around this, or an alternative place to get the package?

Apparently you need a 'business edition license" for perl, what - the - fuck
I'm not expert with this stuff, perl, mysql, etc, just trial and error for a few years. I'll try to help though.

Authorization Required sounds like you need to do it in adminstration mode. Try to go into command line with admin mode.

Go to Start->Run
Type "command" (But don't hit enter)
See the Command Shortcut appear, right click on it, and then select "Run as Administrator". This should give you the permissions.

You DONT need the business edition license. Just regular perl, and I think the current version they use right now is 5.12? They have used 5.10, 5.12, and 5.14 in the past, and you NEED to use the correct version for what the source code is using. In the case they changed version number, can ask in the forum then.

Also, I think I read some where they had to the perl files from the source code, so I'm not sure if they swapped it out with business version or if you need to download your own version.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The problem is that ActiveState only allows free access to the two most recent versions of Perl. Since 5.12 is no longer in that group, you need a subscription to access the download and PPM modules.

Your options:
1) Compile as 64-bit using Perl 5.14 or 5.16.
2) Figure out why those versions of Perl crash on 32-bit compiles, fix it and send a patch, then revel in the glory and happiness knowing you helped make the emu better.
3) Nag somebody else to do step 2 for you.
4) Try Strawberry Perl. People have reported it works, and it's free. http://strawberryperl.com/releases.html
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

For the 401 unauthorized, we added the other repositories from the repository list in the gui Perl package manager under preferences.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You do not need the Perl packages to run a server.

Another recent post on the same thing....
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=219417

Edit: unless you are doing some customized stuff
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

How about to run quest with DBI?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM
vkrr
Sarnak

this worked for me
Code:
ppm install www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/DBD-mysql.ppd
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetwarrior View Post
How about to run quest with DBI?
That is not a default server setup, so you will need to figure something out. vkrr's post seems like a good answer from a 3d party site if you trust it.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Quote:
You do not need the Perl packages to run a server.

Another recent post on the same thing....
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=219417

Edit: unless you are doing some customized stuff
Quote:
That is not a default server setup, so you will need to figure something out.
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........
Old 04-06-2013, 11:03 AM
vkrr
Sarnak

Turns out my way doesn't quite work, I keep crashing the zone every time I use 'Instance' or 'Instances' -- it displays "[Create a solo Instance]" and then BAM, desync with server.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Yeah, probably cause its not connecting with the database.

Its a perl to mysql issue using DBI.