Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Default C# port... gauging interest

So I have ported some of the server code over to C# on .net 3.5. It's been a couple of years since I seriously worked on it and don't mind hosting it on GitHub if there is development interest. I want to start working on it again and would like to have some collaborators.

By "some" I mean I have a working UDP server, zoning, inventory management, combat, and lots of other items. It's been awhile but I think I have spells working somewhat. This is a line by line port I did by hand from the C++ source over hundreds of hours. I didn't use any converters so a lot of the class design has changed to meet my tastes, etc.

It is a super fun project that I learned a ton on. Really fun tackling various issues and porting them over. Major respect to the people that originally figured out how they were aligning ints into x bits in those structs.

My original goal was to learn and to see if the .NET framework was a verifiable choice for server programming. It is and has managed code benefits. There's a ton left to do. If there is interest I will provide more details. I don't want to have an epic post in a crickets thead