Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Submissions

Quests::Submissions This is where you submit your quests for review

Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Default Staff of Elemental Mastery Quest

Follow up quest to Staff of temperate flux: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=459

Staff of Elemental Flux: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=3233

had to make a few changes and add the mobs but feels like a simple follow up quest to one thats already in the PEQ DB.

Code:
################
#Quest Name:  Staff of Elemental Flux
#Author: Bront
#NPCS Involved: Mithious Scratch lfaydark, Nathan Starr Erudnext, Alchemist Bauer freportw
#Item's involved: 8
###############
#NPC: 1
#Name: Mithious_Scratch
#Race 5 High Elf, Texture of 15, size 5, gender 0
#Location:  770.0 1600.0 -1.7 lfaydark
#Level 40
#Type: Quest NPC, spawns aggro version (57146) copy of normal version, who drops: 51686, Staff of Elemental Flux.
#Loot: N/A
###############
sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text =~/hail/i && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 6342)) { #checks to see if PC has done first staff quest in SolA
	quest::say("Well hello there my friend! It is always good to see a fellow Wizard. I see that you have visited Solusek's Temple and proved worthy of the tasks they set before you! If you wish, wise Wizard, I can perform a minor incantation on your Staff of Temperate Flux that will dramatically increase its power! All I require is 100 platinum pieces in exchange - the components for the spell are quite expensive!");
	}
if ($text =~/what powerful solvent/i) {
	quest::say("I just happen to know that a certain Alchemist named Bauer recently moved into a room in Freeport. I'm sure if you speak with him he will give you what you need. Do whatever you have to do to get the solvent from him - whatever it takes $name!");
	}
if ($text =~/hail/i && plugin::check_hasitem($client,51685)) { #checks for powerful solvent
	quest::say("Well hello again $name.  Have you done what I asked?");
	}
}

sub EVENT_TIMER {
if ($timer eq "dialogue") {
	quest::emote("breaks your staff of Temperate Flux!");
	quest::say("Oh, dear! Um, I'm really sorry, friend, but I seem to have, er, broken your staff. . .I just couldn't seem to find the document I was looking for but I was so sure I remembered how to do it! I don't know what to say. . .");
	quest::stoptimer("dialogue");
	quest::settimer("dialoguetwo",3);
	}
if ($timer eq "dialoguetwo") {
	quest::say("Listen, I think there is a way for us to put this right, you and I. If we work together on this I'm sure we'll both come out ahead. Go visit my, um, friend Nathen. He is studying in the Library in Erudin. He should have another copy of the document I need. Bring that to me and we will fix your staff and see if we can't make it a little stronger in the process!");
	quest::say("Don't mind anything he may say about me, though, that Nathen is a real jokester! You know on second thought you might not want to mention me. Nathen, um, might think it's funny to tell you no if you mention me. . .Return to me with the Instructions you will obtain from Nathen to me and we will continue on.");
	quest::stoptimer("dialoguetwo");
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($platinum == 100 && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,6342 => 1)) {
	quest::emote("pats his pockets, looking for something. You hear him mutter as he searches. Suddenly he straightens and you hear him say 'Ah, never mind the instructions! I remember how to do it.'");
	quest::settimer("dialogue",3);
	quest::summonitem(51684); #Broken Staff of temperate flux
	}
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,51687 => 1)) {
	quest::say("Oh, of course! I had the incantation right but I was using the wrong ingredients. Well this is simple enough, we just need the ingredients. Fetch me a [powerful solvent] and a Blue Diamond and return with these instructions and your, er, broken staff, and we should have everything we need to create for you a Staff of truly awesome power!");
	quest::summonitem(51688); #examined augmentation instructions
	}
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 51684 => 1, 51685 => 1, 22503 => 1)) { #broken staff, powerful solvent, and blue diamond
	quest::say("Haha! You fool! With this staff I will be able to challenge the mighty Solusek Ro himself! I could not have obtained the original Staff on my own - the Priests of Solusek had barred me from their temple after I 'removed' that worthless priestess Leesa when she got in my way. But now you come along and deliver not only the Staff but everything I need to create a version even more powerful than the one used by Solusek's own minions! And the crowning glory is you got rid of that whiner Bauer for me as well! My thanks, pitiful fool!");
	quest::depopall(57145);
	quest::spawn2(57146,0,0,$x,$y,$z,$h); #spawns kos version of mithious - custom ID mobs not in DB, has staff of elemental flux on loottable.
	}
}
Code:
################
#NPCS Involved: Mithious Scratch lfaydark, Nathan Starr Erudnext, Alchemist Bauer freportw
###############
#NPC: 2
#Name: Nathan_Starr
#Race 3 Erudite Texture of 13, size 6, gender 0
#Location:Erudnext (Vasty Deep Inn) LOC:  -7.9 -1096.8, 67.2
#Level 40
#Type: Quest NPC
#Loot: N/A
###############

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text =~/hail/i && plugin::check_hasitem($client,51684)) {
	quest::say("Well hello $name! Let me guess - Mithious sent you, right? No, no, it's not that surprising that I guessed. I had a feeling he would be sending somebody along soon enough and I recognize that look of desperation in your eyes - you're definitely mixed up with Mithious and he sent you to get the Instructions he needs. Somehow I knew he would still be able to cause some trouble, even while on the run from the Priests of Solusek. Well I know I really shouldn't help that scoundrel out but you seem like a good sort so why don't we [help each other]?");
	}
if ($text =~/help each other?/i) {
	quest::say("Well I can't just give you the document $name. It's very rare and I do not have a copy. But if you get me an Automated Quill and a piece of Parchment I can copy it for you. I used to have a very nice Automated Quill that a friendly Gnome made for me but it went missing the last time Mithious stopped by pestering me on some mad quest to gain power. In any case return to me with an Automated Quill and Parchment and I will give you a copy of this document.");
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount,65449 => 1, 13063 => 1)) {  #Geerlok Automated Quill and Piece of Parchment
	quest::say("Excellent! Well now let me just dash off a quick copy. . . and here you go! And now just one word of advice to you, my friend. Watch your step with Mithious. He is not to be trusted, no matter how sincere he seems. Now I must return to my studies. Good day to you!");
	quest::summonitem(51687); #augmentation instructions for a staff of power
	}
}
Code:
################
###############
#Alchemist Bauer in West Freeport (freportw) -925.8 190.2 -24.7
#Hand to change from revamp freeport to new freeport
#npcid 383152 (in peq)
#spawns aggroed version of himself (383269 wtih a copy in PEQ editor) 
#Aggro Version drops: 51685 Powerful Solvent

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text =~/hail/i && plugin::check_hasitem($client, 51688)) { #checks if player has solvent from Mithious
	quest::say("Oh no! I knew he would send someone once he found me! Isn't it enough that he took my Leesa? Why does he hound me so! Well, $name, I'll send him a message with your cold, dead, body!");
	quest::depopall(383152);
	quest::spawn2(383269,0,0,$x,$y,$z,$h); #spawns a kos version of the alchemist, kill him to loot 51685, powerful solvent
	}
}