Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default 2 emulators from 1 IP Address? Possible?

I run the Halls Havoc server. Been tinkering for various configurations for awhile, before setting down to something that works for me and the friends that support the server. I've done the windows server and the linux servers and prefer linux. Linux is much more stable, as long as you are careful with your particular distro updates/upgrades. Main server is a supermicro 64 core 2U blade server. The server can handle the load, as can the 1tb internet line.
Anyway, the issue I am asking about is whether there is a way to set up 2 servers, say a main server and a test server, from the same IP address? My guess is no, due to port-forwarding through the router, and the fact that both emulators would be wanting to use the same ports.

How do others deal with the need to have a test server, a local machine on a local box, and a local login?
Old 12-30-2018, 11:59 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

world is using a hardcoded port in the client. You would have to develop some sort of proxy that would hand them off to the right world process. AFAIK, nothing like this exists, wouldn't be too hard IF you could easily identify where the connection wanted to go (I haven't looked into if that's possible)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:55 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I suspected this was the case. I'll continue to do my testing and tweaking on a local TEST server. Thanks again!