Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Garudan
Sarnak

Default Windows 10 Server Loop Crash

So I run the Akkadius installer.

When i run either t_start_server.bat or t_start_server_with_login_server.bat it opens the perl Window.

1. Then the World: changes from down to UP, you can see it running from 0/30 to 30/30. Both UCV and Queryserv stay DOWN

2. next thing the window refreshes (blinks) 2 times and World: changes to DOWN again with 0/30

3. it repeats from 1.

this happens in an endless loop.
Log folder is empty

if I start the t_start_server.bat as admin it just opens and closes immediately forever

I played a bit with IPs and checked database names. But i do not find anything....

Anyone there with help? I am happy to elaborate further
Old 01-02-2019, 03:31 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Assuming you have MySQL running? If I don't start MySQL but start the server it does that blinking thing..

Did you change anything in the config.json file?

The installer would put the correct info in this file, but you may want to change the name. If you are doing the login server you put your ipaddress under loginserver2.

Only time I can think of having an issue like this was when I messed with the config file and changed the wrong section that caused things to not start.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Garudan
Sarnak

task manager says its running, but then checking with heidisql it is running, but there is no PEQ database.....

The automatic installer must have missed that part.
any idea how i can fix this?

EDIT: i run the automatic installer again and found the whole database part as an error:

[Database] Creating Database 'peq'
System cannot find the path

I have created a peq database manually and am rerunning the auto installer now. lets see what happens
Old 01-02-2019, 04:44 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Do you have a file eqemu_server.pl?

If so you can run it or copy to a new folder.. EQ1\EqEmuServer then run it and follow the prompts.. if it doesn't run you probably don't have MySQL running. I use xammp for MySQL.

Takes like 5mins total if you use the eqemu_server.pl file to create a base server with new database.

Assuming if you have the .bat files the installer likely installed Perl and all of that for you.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Garudan
Sarnak

so first, i rerunned the autoinstaller...getting the exact same error message, even though i manually created the 'peq' database

i rerun the eqemu_server.pl and created a new server.
same thing happened

mysql is running, perl etc is installed. It somehow does not created or fill the peq database. i dunno why....
Old 01-02-2019, 06:08 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

You can name db peq1 and see if it populates the tables for a fresh db.

If you have heidisql or whatever program to access the db you can see what's going on there.

Otherwise you could find a db someone shared and edit the .SQL file with notepad++ to change db to show as peq if that's not what they named it. Then use cmd to source it in.

I am not really sure what you're error is, screenshots might help. I have never used the whole installer so do not know how it works really.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

I just checked. If you do not have MYSQL running it does 100% what you described.

Looks like the installer uses HeidiSQL... when you open HeidiSQL and type in your user and password and hit Open does it open up or does it pop up and say Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.01' (10061) type message?

If you use EQEmu_server.pl it pops up with:

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061 "Unknown error")
[New Server] MySQL authorization failed or no MySQL installed.

Otherwise

For this example I created a folder named FakeDB and inside FakeDB I created another folder named EQEmuServer, then I pasted eqemu_sever.pl into the EQEmuServer and ran it.

I typed: new_server (ENTER)

I typed: myUSERNAME (ENTER)
I typed: myPASSWORD (ENTER)

It pops up with:
New Server] Success! We have a database connection
[Input] Specify a NEW database name that PEQ will be installed to:

I typed FAKEDB ---- MY DB will be named FAKEDB

Then it starts with:

[Install] EQEmu Server Installer... LOADING... PLEASE WAIT...
[Download] Saved: (eqemu_config_template.json) from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ak...mu_config.json
[Update] Fetching Latest Windows Binaries...

Is this the same process you are going through and seeing?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:51 AM
Garudan
Sarnak

It is definately mysql related.
strangely there is mysql running.
it shows on task manager and I can log into with HeidiSQL.
but there is no peq Database. (just the standart mysql databases)
I can manualy create a 'peq' called Database with mariaDB cmd
but the new_server and the autoinstaller are ignoring the db.

everything works smoothly, he installs everything, pulls the maps and then it goes:

[Database] Creating Database 'peq'

I am not sure what this means.

I will try and source the code manually into peq with mariadb
Old 01-03-2019, 01:32 AM
Garudan
Sarnak

i now sourced peq database files into my peq database, which i created out of the installer myself

it worked, the server starts now and the windows are up and running

looking into the world.exe window, it still tries to update the database:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A-1...ew?usp=sharing

any idea why this is still not working?

also, when i try to login, the loginserver does not autocreate my account, even though the server is configured to autocreate accounts.
When i manually create the account it is not helping either.
loginserver looks like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_FQ...ew?usp=sharing

EDIT: i thought about how it reacts. it seems like either EQEMU cannot acces mysql, even though it is able to log into mysql, or that it is missing some kind of writing authority into the database.
Using Heidisql or MariaDB I have no problems at all to change the Database. Any ideas why this could be would be helpfull
Old 01-03-2019, 06:47 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

If you use the eqemu_server.pl file again it has options to check that all updates are done. Can also set up bots here and that. When you start the server it should reference this file for updating.

Not sure on error with login account, it seems like the table or a column is missing. Also, same file there is an option to create login server.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42232

In this thread I had to make one myself to figure out the process. Be sure to read Uleats comment regarding 5998 or 5999 at the end based on client you use. The OP posted the link regarding how to get the IP and that as well.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Garudan
Sarnak

I have googled arround a lot on the error message "the system cannot find the path specified" and found that it may be something related to 32 vs 64 bit environment and/or that the paths in Windows 10 might differ related to the location from where you try to access them...(never heard of the latter before)

the 32 vs 64 bit thing confuses me, since i have only used the akkadius installer ... so i do not know which could be configured wrong on my mashine...

for the location: i have the eqeqmuserver directory directly in c:\

any thoughts on this?
Old 01-03-2019, 02:10 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

In control panel, system settings, advanced settings, environmental variables is the PATH.

Off the top of my head I do not know what the path is
but it looks like .......C:\PERL

There will be multiple things here separated by ;

Not sure if it lists as (x86) or not but I'd at least make sure you see the PERL path there.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Garudan
Sarnak

omg you solved it for me!!!! thank you so much phantomghost!

the problem was: in the environment variables, there was mariadb10, as the akkadius windows installer installed. but there was also a old mysql 5.7 which i had from a couple of years ago and which i uninstalled long time ago.
So he tried to look into mysql 5.7 all the time while he did not touch mariadb10.

I deleted the mysql 5.7 entry and it works!