Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Old Eq

Old Eq Sakrateri's Classic EQ Project

Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Sak,
I'm sorry for the way I responded initially. I just remembered that you were the one who was asking every day if we could make this playable offline. We don't have any initial plans to do so but maybe binaries in the future. The only reason I got up in arms is because we don't need more projects splitting people a part. Nice work though. Lots of stuff to do though but our team is powering through them.

-Wizzel
Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Its ok Wizzel, apology accepted I'm not trying to compete with you guys and I do wish you all the best of luck , my time is very limited right now so I hope you get yours going soon for everyone to try. The one I am working on is strictly going to be for lan play as I have no Public Login that works for it.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Yeah. Just a heads up, there is a TON to fix. The developers have been hard at work fixing minor bugs and implementing major features and such and it is really a time involved project. Respect to you for getting it working by yourself and stop in IRC sometime, I would love to chat and maybe petition the government to get you internet where you live .

-Wizzel
Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, this version will be capable of supporting up to Luclin as can be seen here in the Plane of Knowledge

I have to say , that is the first time I have ever seen PoK with the old client

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Sakrateri; do you have a playing "demo" of what you have already? You have to start somewhere.
I really like what you are doing, hope you can see it all through.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

playing demo? Im not sure what you mean by that, I am able to play it yes but still needs alot of work.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 AM
boogerific
Sarnak

PoK came out with PoP, not Luclin. Luclin had Nexus as a hub, with Shadow Haven, Bazaar and Netherbian Lair as regular (not scions) zone points from Nexus. The hallway with the PoK book was a dead end at first, with the PoK books appearing mysteriously between the release of Luclin and PoP. Just an FYI. It's definitely cool to see PoK through old-client eyes. You gotta put this up for public play, bugs and all, Sak!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Oops , your right , it supports up to PoP .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Myrakkel
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerific View Post
PoK came out with PoP, not Luclin. Luclin had Nexus as a hub, with Shadow Haven, Bazaar and Netherbian Lair as regular (not scions) zone points from Nexus. The hallway with the PoK book was a dead end at first, with the PoK books appearing mysteriously between the release of Luclin and PoP. Just an FYI. It's definitely cool to see PoK through old-client eyes. You gotta put this up for public play, bugs and all, Sak!
YES!! I am waiting for this release!! I am interested more with the LAN play though. So I will patiently wait for Sak to release it. If ya need some help Sak you could send me the source. I am by no means a C++ genius and I work like a dog on 3rd shift but I can debug and troubleshoot. I suck at networking also so.... I can build DB's like a champ though, lol.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
TheLieka
Developer

I do networking! I dabble in C++ (actually, only for EQEmu), let me know if I can help.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)

Last edited by TheLieka; 10-26-2007 at 05:18 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
Its ok Wizzel, apology accepted I'm not trying to compete with you guys and I do wish you all the best of luck , my time is very limited right now so I hope you get yours going soon for everyone to try. The one I am working on is strictly going to be for lan play as I have no Public Login that works for it.

You are probably just as far as they are Sakrateri, and they don't have a public login either, they're using an older version of EQW to access the worldserver directly, bypassing any login.
I would love to hear more about your "hacks" to the Kunark client to get it working
PM me sometime about it, would really appreciate it.

P.S. ......... I have lots of old-school spawn files

Last edited by tcsmyworld; 10-29-2007 at 06:45 AM..
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Enough bashing on these forums KKThx~

Mattmeck

Last edited by mattmeck; 10-31-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
WildcardX
Developer

/golf clap

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
WildcardX
Developer

ahh, Matt... I thought Wizzel had hit the sweet spot myself, but I digress. Obviously a forum littered with personal attacks will do little to further our work on the project itself. Maybe the post that elicited Wizzel ought to be examined as well

But Sakrateri, your work towards an EQ classic client and game is awsome, keep it up. I prefer the new game myself, well up until are the LDoN, DoN eras anyway, but I can see the appeal in going back to the old and familiar that most of us knew.

Since there are atleast two projects going on surrouding the EQ classic game, I wonder if Doodman can be coaxed into adding a second LS server to support this, unless neither project wants to hook to the mothership so to speak and have other plans.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!

Last edited by WildcardX; 10-31-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Ishamal
Fire Beetle

Never mind....

Last edited by Ishamal; 11-02-2007 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: Dont worry about it