Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Bump, got really busy but I didn't forget:

http://www.chrsschb.com/uploads/2001_NPC_Info.zip
Old 05-03-2015, 09:59 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Your awesome, archived back.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:38 PM
CodyF86
Fire Beetle

So the first thing I did once I got my server setup was to revert the old zones. Lavastorm was the only zone that was completely wrecked, so I deleted all the spawn entries from the revamp lavastorm and added the pre-revamp mobs. Redid the zone lines including adding an invisble NPC to zone you into najena since the zoneline isn't hardcoded. Fixed the port spells so they don't port you underground.

I was going to release it on here since I haven't seen any put any of the pre-revamp zones up for download, but I have a few things I need to fix first.

Sir Lindeal is firing off text on death and I can't find where this is driving from. I fixed his quest info so it's classic and it's located in lavastorm/#sir_lindeal.pl, but this extra death text is driving from somewhere else and I can't seem to locate it.

If anyone can help me find where it's coming from once I finish pathing I'll post the whole thing, spawns, zoneline fixes, quests, the whole thing so anyone can use the classic lavastorm zone.

edit: oh yeah also a question...what is the # that is located before some NPCs names for/do?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Shendare
Dragon

The npc_emotes table. I think it's a little weird that it's there, myself. May have been from before NPCs all had quest scripts instead?
Old 02-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

I've been looking all over the forums for info on reverting zones to pre-revamp status and I have to say, it is all a bit overwhelming. Some posts are really old, some speak of updates that were 'to be publicly available' but the status appears unresolved, etc. It is quite likely that my search-fu is just lacking, but running that risk, I was curious is anyone in the know could fill in the blanks below so maybe we'd have a '1 stop thread/post' for this topic?

Basically, are the original zone / spawns / pathing / loot table already there? If so, how to enable? If not, is there a way to enable it (ex. HHP)? Is there a 'public' DB update available to revert? Etc.

I'll list the easy ones since those are the only ones I seem to know about. All of the below are already present in the DB and appear in working order (just change zone destinations / client version to enable):

1. misty thicket - misty
2. south ro - sro
3. north ro - nro
4. east commonlands - ecommons
5. west commonlands - commons
6. oasis - already setup with north & south ro
7. freeport east - freporte
8. freeport west - freportw
9. freeport north - freportn
10. toxxulia - tox
11. innothule swamp - innothule

These are the ones that appear to take some alternate actions / work, as mentioned in this thread or elsewhere that I am uncertain of the status:

1. Droga - npc capture list available in this thread; rest to be done by hand?
2. Nurga - same as Droga?
3. Temple of Caciz Thule - ???
4. Splitpaw (pre-elementals) - ???
5. Rathe Mountains (pre-frogs) - ???
6. Highhold Pass - ???
7. Lavastorm - maybe an update from this thread?
8. Nektulous - ???

So for the above... 1. is there a publicly shared DB update? 2. Captures available? 3. Workarounds (ex. from what I have read HHP has been a pita but I don't know if it still is and Lavastorm & Nek require clientside changes + db updates?)? I'll try to update this post with responses.

FYI the latest live expansion, The Broken Mirror, has 'brought back' the original Plane of Hate... sort of. The zone file is available but of course the pops, etc are all new. Anyone have any captures of the original and maybe an idea how to mesh the two?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:54 PM
provocating
Demi-God

TakProject has many of these prerevamped zones in their database. I rob a lot of data from them.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

I just got old Splitpaw implemented on my server via the data from TakProject (thanks provacting!) and thought I'd share my experience so anyone else coming along and asking about this topic will know the hurdles (and to allow others to peer review my efforts in case I missed something).

Here's what I did:

1. Check groundspawns
There was only one - Reddish Crystal - which was moved to The Hole. I removed the spawn from The Hole (set zoneid = 0) and added the spawn for Splitpaw from TakProject.

2. Move grid values (zoneid = 1
Note your zoneid (in this case, 18 for paw), backup the current grid values, then delete them and insert the grid values from TakProject.

3. Move grid_entries
Same as above - back up current entries, delete, then add the ones from TakProject.

4. Move spawngroup
Insert the spawngroup entries from TakProject and record the new IDs.

5. Move spawn2
I updated the current spawn2 entries to change the zone name from paw to elementalpaw, then insert the ones from TakProject.

6. Move spawnentry & npc_types
Instead of altering every spawn entry for the current NPCs, I elected to remove the ones that didn't belong. So I backed up the unwanted / conflicting npcs, then deleted them. Next I inserted the missing npcs (ensuring no npc ID conflicts).
Next using Excel, I populated the rows from spawnentry from TakProject with the spawngroup IDs I recorded previously, then inserted them into the DB.

7. Manually check factions
Most factions should be fine, but there was an error in my version where 771's primary faction was set to 314 when it should have been 309.

8. Insert loottable
Insert the loottable from TakProject and record the IDs (conviently noted in the name field in the version I have). Now use those to update the NPC loottable entries for your NPCs.

9. Insert lootdrop
The lootdrop table was missing a few rows but otherwise identical, so I copied those over.

10. Insert loottable_entries
Export the loottable_entries then using Excel, update the cooresponding loottable_id - recall the lootdrop ids were the same for my databases.

11. Insert lootdrop_entries
These were present and pre-populated, though I need to double check these. I do know my database had a lot of extra drops which needs to be cleaned up (defiant, etc).

I'm no SQL guy, but the huge SQL statement I used to dig out the respective info for the zone was:

Code:
select *
 from spawn2 s2 join spawngroup sg join spawnentry se join npc_types npc 
join loottable lt join loottable_entries lte join lootdrop_entries lde join items i
 where i.id = lde.item_id and lde.lootdrop_id = lte.lootdrop_id and
 lt.id = npc.loottable_id and lt.id = lte.loottable_id and npc.id = se.npcID 
 and se.spawngroupID = sg.id and s2.spawngroupID = sg.id and s2.zone like '%paw%';
Note that this probably poorly written and can take a while to run. Also, you should not use * in the select but rather pull out the table info you want and use appropriate group by statements to reduce repetition in certain results.

Anyway, for those with experience doing this, please blast away with suggestions, criticism, etc! For those not, hopefully this helps you in your efforts. Btw, if you are doing Paw, don't forget to update South Karana too. On to the next zone!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:19 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

It's also worth noting that you can use the EoC tools to import most of this from one DB to another also. I have reverted many zones using it - Sirens, WW, Hole, Nurga, Droga, Paw, CT, Skyshrine, etc. There are a few things it doesn't do, but the majority of the heavy lifting is mostly taken care of.

Just a tip if you didn't know
Old 02-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

I had no idea - care to elaborate on how to do it? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

When I work on this challenge with my server, I'll likely add it into my eqcleanup program. This would make it so that turning the revamped zones to an older state as simple as selecting a menu option.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-11-2016, 04:50 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

This is a huge help for me as I am a network engineer and have low skills in the DB department. Appreciate you guys sharing your procedures!

As an edit: would be cool to have a generic DB thats accurate or a script that would take the existing DB and somehow allow the choice of using the older content.

Celestial
Old 02-11-2016, 05:27 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/login.php

Under the Zone Copy/Import tool.

I like to go through and change a lot of the IDs on the things it imports (grid, npc_types, spawngroups, etc), but it imports a fully working copy of the zone.

Note that you'll also need to set faction and loot tables after import, but this is a couple clicks to get started.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

When you assign npc_type IDs, n0ctrnl, is it just rudimentary increments or some such? i'm looking at making this inject automated.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-12-2016, 01:55 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

The way Akkadius import script does it - as far as I can tell - is just starts filling in NPCs at the next available ID. I go back and drop them all in the original range - "<zoneid>###"

If you've not used the tool, you really should give a look. It reports the SQL it's just run, so I usually import to a dummy DB, then modify the queries before importing to my production DB. All in all a very powerful tool. Even moreso since Akkadius' update script will bring super old databases up to current schema with a minimal amount of manual effort.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

This is all awesome stuff - thanks for sharing! Definitely going to give the eqcleanup app a shot as well!
Closed Thread