Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

If you're using the repack, I believe Akkadius said he did NOT include bots, I'm not sure what is wrong with your mercenaries.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Well...im not a programer at all, but I can somewhat figure things out. But, I cannot find the file folder that he says to look for to even turn on the mercs? Unless on the repack they are already turned on? I have tried to hail a merc person in game and they do not respond.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 11:04 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaus31 View Post
Well...im not a programer at all, but I can somewhat figure things out. But, I cannot find the file folder that he says to look for to even turn on the mercs? Unless on the repack they are already turned on? I have tried to hail a merc person in game and they do not respond.

Thanks
The NPCs class is set incorrectly, it needs to be changed to 71.

#npcedit class 71
then #repop
Old 10-24-2014, 01:24 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Sweet! That worked to get him to open up the option to hire, however, the fields are all blank? I cannot choose any mercenary.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:09 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

ok. I figured it out I had to put true to all the allowmercs, I did not realize there were more than 1 allowmercs in the server rules.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:24 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Ok..another problem. I had to run errands and did not try to spawn any mercs until now, they are available for hire but it tells me they fail to spawn. Im looking up corrections for this unless you guys have something faster?
Old 12-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
PEQ's spells and pets probably won't be updated for a while, mainly because content wise they don't need to. If you want more spells, just run import_spells.pl your self supplying a newer spell file. EDIT: There is also a bug with spells with an ID over a certain point due to improper int sizes (at least improper with respect to RoF)

On pets, they are mostly made up in the current database due to lack of information. And newer pets haven't been added because PEQ doesn't need them yet. If you would like newer pets add them yourself. As an example to add another pet, such as Essence of Air. The spell description says "Summon Pet: SumAirR17" on Alla, so you just need to create an NPC named SumAirR17, best pet would be to copy the SumAirR16 pet and tweak the numbers around (up AC, HP, min hit, and max hit mostly)
Waking up an old post here, but That ^^^ was a good fix for the 71+ pet prob.
Just used Navicat to create new entry with a new npcid for the SumAirR17.
Basically copied all the stats from the R16 pet and modified, then added an
entry in to the "pets" table and voila, able to summon a lvl 71 air pet.
Thanks for the info
Old 10-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

I just tried this for a beastlord pet. I can get everything to work, except the pet doesn't follow? If I bring a mob into range it will attack etc. but follow it does not! Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

Actually no matter what type of pet I make, swarm etc they act like they are rootes.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:40 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

I've created a whole bunch of class pets for 71-80, including bst, mage, & necro pets.
They all seem to be functioning properly so far, including following the owner.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Expletus
Hill Giant

I've been able to in the past without issues. No idea why they aren't following.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:39 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Just fishing for theories here, but when you create the NPC for the pet, is the runspeed
set to higher than 0 ? and if not, could that have anything to do with it ?
If I get a chance I will test the theory after.

Just thought of something else, in the pets table, I usually set pet power to -1 and pet
control to 2, not sure if that has any bearing, again, just fishing, (chuckle)
Old 10-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

I copied the previous line from the bst. Will double check tonight when I get home.good idea though!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Jaksh
Fire Beetle

I know this is little dated post, but I found this post very valuable with adding the higher level pets into my server and I did not find this information anywhere else, so just to help the next person looking. I used the copy line on prevous pet and then tweaking the stats to the higher level pet and add the info into the pets table.

Now the trick I discovered is there is a column in the pets table labeled "petpower". If you set "petpower" to '45' you will cause the server to reply with the "can not find the pet <petname> ". The fix for this is to just simply change the "petpower" to 40 or lower and now you can summon the pet with the appropriate spells. I am not completely sure why this is setup this way but I am thinking it is probably a way to test and experiment with different pet settings and allowing the admin to keep the pets in the table to save the data but having a simple switch to disable them and prevent accidental use by the players.

Once I changed this field 'petpower' to 40 or lower the pet was able to be summoned in game.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:55 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

petpower is how we look up pet focus versions of the pet. We actually do this kind of wrong. The client function actually returns the spell ID (implying to me this is the data they use to distinguish NPCs) They also return a CachedFocusItem which lets them get item info, which might also indicate they can use that data. The older pet spells do have focus item set in them by item ID too.