Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 01-24-2016, 05:28 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Post EQ Cleanup - Cleans up/Tweaks DB and Quest files

The idea is simple. You grab a fresh copy of PEQ's DB/Quest files. It gives you so much great stuff to start your server from! But, you don't like X feature that EQ introduced. How do you remove it?

What is EQ Cleanup?: It's a tool that removes DB and quest entries by giving a simple menu of tweaks.

Note: This tool is still an experiment and it *DOES* delete records in your DB and quests. Use at your own risk. And BACKUP!

How does it delete things? I always keep the original items and npc_type entries around in case you plan to repurpose it, so instead, I go for every possible way that NPC or item may exist in the game, so that only #summonitem or #npctypespawn can bring them back.

What are some features to it?
Currently, it allows:
Remove Soulbinders
Remove Rodents and Exterminators
Remove Trick or Treat NPCs
Remove Tribute Masters
Remove Defiant Armor
Remove Spells, Tomes
Remove Nexus Portal NPCs
Disable Rain and Snow

How do I use it? On your server, copy the executable for your OS to the root directory of your eqemu install (the same directory eqemu_config.xml is located). If all goes well, it will read the eqemu_config.xml file and connect to the DB, and once an option is selected, will apply the needed changes. Ensure your server is SHUT DOWN during the operation, or adverse effects may occur.

How complete is this? It is still on an EARLY alpha state, however I have had no side effects thus far by using it.

Where do I download it? You can download it on the main website.

I don't trust your EXE! Understandable. You're free to recompile and review the source here. I release EXE's for convienence, however if you are familiar with GoLang it is not difficult to compile it yourself.

I want to run it on OSX, 32bit windows, etc Click this link for other OS releases.

I want to request a feature, or found a bug! I'm happy to hear from people using this tool. You can reply to this post, or even better, create an issue on github.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Splose
Banned

100/10

/10char
Old 01-25-2016, 03:25 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I'm not sure what 100/10 means, but.. thanks!?

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Xanathol
Sarnak

Looks awesome! Would love a 'remove PoK books' option (or at least the zone points to disable them) as well.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:58 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Oh man. Just the defiant armor option... If you could do something like that for each TS item, by era this'd be about the most powerful tool around for paring a DB.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

It's not complete, but the idea is that I can write an initial process, like the defiant armor flush, and if anyone finds items the process missed, you report it, i'll add it in, you re-run the same operation after updating, and eventually the feedback causes all entries vanish, and nobody ever has to do it manually again!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

To update those who use this, I've added a few new menu options and improves past ones:

peqtweaks -> This fixes minor glitches like skeletons being permarooted and other misc peq latest issues.
fabled -> Removes Fabled mobs from any spwn group entries
shadowrest -> Removes shadowrest npc in ecommons and other shadowrest related emissaries.
namedreduce -> lowers spawn rate of certain nameds, since PEQ classic spawns named too often.
aug -> removes augs from dropping in game.

I didn't make a build, but if anyone is interested in these lemme know.

The Zone migration tool and era-based TS remover has progress done but nothing worth committing yet.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-26-2016, 06:24 AM
Krran
Sarnak

This looks like something I would be a fan of. Once the semester is done I am going to revisit this. Thanks man!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Added character wipe option and general updates across the board, version 0.13 now.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 07-30-2016, 07:27 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

There are 2 other sets of items" to consider deleting in addition to the Defiant gear. There is also the "Combatant's" gear for melee classes, and the "Adept's" gear for caster classes. If someone is going to delete the drops for Defiant, they'll want to get rid of these drops too...

Riklin (Hall's Havoc)
Old 10-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Vandax
Fire Beetle

I'd love to use this as the tool would be super useful! However, I am experiencing an error: <Status: Bad <Error decoding config: XML syntax error on line 121: unexpected EOF>>

It is reading the DB just fine, everything is good there. But decoding the eqemu_config file is no good.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Try going to http://xackery.github.io/eqcleanup/ again and click the download link. That page had an older version on there.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Vandax
Fire Beetle

Worked like a charm! Thank you!
Old 01-03-2017, 02:17 PM
braindisconnect
Fire Beetle

Shin Noir would you happen to have a current Linux build for what you have on git? I was trying to compile it myself, but there are a lot of static directories in your code. I am interested in the zone reversion to old paw and old cazic. Figured it would be easier to ask you if you have a current linux build
Old 01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Just saw this, sadly, my zone migrators are work in progress and do not currently work. :(

As to your current linux build, if you go to releases.. https://github.com/Xackery/eqcleanup/releases the x86 and x64 should run on their respective architectures of all linux binaries.

they may not include the migration tools, but again, they are not feature complete. :(

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com