Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default OBJECT Table

Anyone know why a ground-spawn item I made will disappear from the OBJECT table and not respawn?

EDIT
The item spawns as planned, and I can pick it up - after that is when it poofs from the object table in the database.

Last edited by Angelox; 12-09-2006 at 03:41 PM..
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

NM this, I figured it out
Old 12-09-2006, 05:52 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Cool, glad you brought this up. I found an arrow sticking out of the ground in a GoD zone, picked it up, and it was apparently gone for good. Is this true? How do you get it back? Please educate me.

TIA,
J
Old 12-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Cool, glad you brought this up. I found an arrow sticking out of the ground in a GoD zone, picked it up, and it was apparently gone for good. Is this true? How do you get it back? Please educate me.

TIA,
J
I hear ya, it had me stumped for a while - and I couldn't find any thing on this anywhere.
But it's pretty simple - It's all in the GROUND_SPAWNS table! (thanks cbmoder, for the idea).
OBJECT must have some other use, that I don't understand yet.
Take a look at ground_spawns, and you'll see what I mean. What we need now, is a complete ACTORDEF listing (with descriptions) - I only found partial ones that describe other static items.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Hmm, so items capable of being picked up on a cursor can be implemented into the object table also? very interesting possibilities for single instance spawns. (ok, so it may only be useful for Easter Egg hunts...)

Not sure if the ground_spawn has a 'one-time' field (guess I should have looked before I posted), but this does offer a nice possibility for artifact level item and spell creations/ quests for those whom are first to find out about them.

Good show on finding out what the error was (I missed this post until now :( ), and thanks for giving me yet more to think about so that I never get done with what Im doing now. You're so evil like that... :p
Old 12-11-2006, 07:07 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
but this does offer a nice possibility for artifact level item and spell creations/ quests for those whom are first to find out about them.
Everytime I read these forums, nearly every day, I get a new idea for what I'd like to do to customize my server... like this comment above. What I am also finding out is, I am far from the first person to think of anything really cool. hehe... but, the best of all things in one server - now there's a place to call "home".
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
EliteSting
Sarnak

Check out Patience's Mall sometime , it's usually listed under the Jest server when it's up. He's building a mall of objects , really quite interesting , and very handy.