Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-22-2004, 07:48 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default US Draft

This is not related to EQ/EQEMu but, for those who are unaware, there is a bill in attempt to re-instate the US Draft, for those of you who live in the United States I would appreciate if you sent in an email to oppose this bill, thanks (Take Action on the link below). I highly suggest adding to the message that you say you will not elect for the official next term if this bill passes.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ua_congressorg
Old 05-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Scoops
Fire Beetle

Draft Whoo hooo im going to go get to kill camle jockys!

i hope its like Desert Combat! :P

War / Death shouldnt scare anyone, its apart of life, but i will oppse the bill, because i think it is wrong to send people into a war that isnt backed by the UN, and just to defeat a few militamen that are causeing a ruckus because a war started over a grudge.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

As long as i get an apache i dont care =P

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 05-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Virus11
Discordant

We really need to have a draft? What the hell?

Old 05-22-2004, 03:18 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

the draft fu**ing sucks. why do we need it? bush is an idiot. the war in iraq is pretty much vietnam all over again. bush is a bloody IDIOT.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Cripp
Discordant

fuck george bush that peice of shit

www.nugblazers.com
Old 05-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Scoops
Fire Beetle

now, how did a prez with a 3rd grade eduction and no war exp get into office im 17 and i prolly know more about war and shit then he does i will put it like this

Bush is a FAGOT and i have a big cock
Old 05-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

I'm not really into either of them (bush or kerry).. i say just give kerry a chance and if it doesnt work out, oh well its only 4 years and we can always impeach =P

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 05-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
Bush is a FAGOT and i have a big cock
is there some releation to the two? i am kinda lost here... you say he is a fagot, and that would make him homosexual right? and you have a big cock.. are you trying to hook up with Mr. Bush? <<wow that sounds odd))

As for the draft, i think its a stupid idea, but as much as i would hate to have to reinstate the draft, we are running out of reserve men to send to iraq, and i don't know exactly how long the time in between shifts are, but i belive its a year, then you get a few years back in the U.S. before they can send you out again unless we are in a combat situation, which.. i guess we kinda are, i am not really sure, but somthing like that. so i guess really if they believe they need people, well i dunno..

and just FYI, Bush is an idiot, but this proposal was not put into effect JUST by him, he does not just come out and say i propose this, now pass it, he talks with his administration first, and if they are by a majority for it, he will propose the bill to congress. if the majority is against it, this proposal would never have seen the light of day. so don't be all pissed at bush, it wasn't just him, infact, it is entirely possible that someone in his administraion could have proposed the idea to him, and he simply agreed as did most of his other administrators, and now it is being put up for vote.

EDIT: After reading the article i came across this.

Quote:
Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.
Congress = House of Reps, and Senete. The president is not a part of either, he has his own branch of government. so for all thsoe people who just posted BUSH BLOWS. read before you post, it wasn't even bushs idea, it was some fat congress men who thought it up.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 05-22-2004, 06:16 PM
tiraid
Fire Beetle

I'm not an expert, but if what I heard was true, it won't matter if Bush or Kerry takes the White House. They both support the draft. I don't have a problem with the draft. It is a shame that people will be forced to fight, I wish it were not so. But the fact is, the United States has many enemies. There are many who would happily kill you just because you are American. When I say "you", actually think to yourself "me". There are many who would happily kill you just because you are American. We have a choice. We can face our enemies, or we can hide from them until we have no choice and must face them. That might not be in our lifetimes, Maybe we would just be giving the problem to our children as an inheritance. I am not willing to do that.

I am, however, against the draft. The sole reason is that women are included. I cannot believe that this nation has fallen so low as to force it's women to go to war. I was never really for woman in combat in the first place, but if a few really wanted to go, so be it. How many or you would send your sisters or daughters or girlfriends or wives to war? To be forced to kill or be killed? Have we become so confused in this country? This is wrong.

And now, for George dubya Bush. I'm not dubya's greatest fan, but I think he takes more blame than he deserves. The war in Iraq was a complete success. The occupation is a different story. I believe the partisan media is just as much to blame as the president. The media whole-heartedly backed our troops in WWII, now they criticize our military and praise our enemies. These people hold nothing as sacred on American soil. I am Christian, and never was my church or belief called "Holy" by them. Yet our soldiers in Iraq can't fire their weapons without hitting something "Holy" over there. They can't defend themselves without desecrating "Holy Ground" or "Holy" cities. The liberal media defames our allies and comforts our enemies. Isn't that the definition of an enemy? Not all of our enemies are foreigners.

I'm impressed if you made it this far on this post. My hope for you is that you have something greater to hold on to in life than the values that are pushed on you everyday. It is the agenda of the liberal to remove your responsability, replace your parents, and replace your God. They want the government to be your conscience, your parents and your God. All of this because they themselves are offended by God and His gospel.

I've had my say now. I don't want war, but I understand that we cannot allow this growing threat to multiply, and then just pass it on to our children. These are our times. They are our responsability. The enemies of the United States are our enemies. It is our responsability to end the conflict. Yet, if we are drafting our woman, is there anything left worth saving?
Old 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Memener
Dragon

tiraid, Nice..

I have to say I agree with you on that.....

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
I am, however, against the draft. The sole reason is that women are included. I cannot believe that this nation has fallen so low as to force it's women to go to war. I was never really for woman in combat in the first place, but if a few really wanted to go, so be it. How many or you would send your sisters or daughters or girlfriends or wives to war? To be forced to kill or be killed? Have we become so confused in this country? This is wrong

I totally agree, however, you ahve to realize that there are actually women out there who WANT to be able to join the army, now, ofcourse this is the draft, if the women wanted to join the army they alreayd would have, those being drafted are ones who don't want to join but are forced... which is why i agree women should be excluded.

(NOTE: This does not mean i beleive men are better than women, anyone who does should have their fingernail ripped off one by one while having a hot firepoker stuck in their eye, and having fire ants crawling down their throat. Then perhaps they would learn that they are infact inferior to women, from what i hear, most woman would prefer this over giving childbirth. Well maybe not the poker in the eye.)
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 05-23-2004, 05:58 AM
reverse
Fire Beetle

Default Stop being sissies

...and if there is a draft, deal with it and serve your country.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Pyrix
Sarnak

I
Old 05-23-2004, 06:30 AM
superchaz216
Fire Beetle

Default F THIS

The american military has about 1 million troops, and the US is more powerful than the next 9 nations combine ( true fact).... dont you think its a little crazy when we still need the draft? I mean, we arent even taking on any top nations here,... we are taking on a group of rebels in the middle east that are a bunch of pussies and hide when we come, and attack innocent civilians when we turn or backs for a second. Canada here i come!