Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Default EQEmu contributors

Howdy, folks. Long time, no see.

A fairly diligent search of the EQEmu website and distribution left me unable to find a comprehensive list of contributors. In particular, I could find no mention of Wes (Quest parser from scratch?) nor myself (Perl integration from scratch). I hate to sound like a glory hound or anything, but it would be nice to be credited somewhere.

I'm also especially concerned with the "junior dev" program recently introduced. These "junior devs" contribute via closed forums, so in their case there isn't even a public "paper-trail" of posts documenting their efforts.

Perhaps something with the prominence of the "item contributors" page could be created to honor those who have made substantial contributions?

-thanks,
Eglin
Old 06-01-2004, 08:01 AM
x-scythe
Discordant

i agree, if item contributers are mentioned then i think you should definately be mentioned.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:33 AM
loderunner
Sarnak

Eglin,

I agree, every "major" contributor should be acknowledged within the project.

btw, now that you are back, can you see about fixing the MiniLogin.exe to work with the latest client? : )

Or better yet, an open source login program that the community can have a hand at maintaining, that would be excellent.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

At one time i had compiled a list of every dev that had entered the private coder chat room (pretty much every 'real' dev).. this was a long time ago.

the post still should be around here somewhere.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------