Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:30 PM
midas
Fire Beetle

Default Issue with Carprin/High Priest event in Crypt of Decay

Hey folks, new user to EQEmu here. Running on Windows 10.

I've been trying to recreate the Planes of Power flagging experience on my server, and it's been great going through and rediscovering all of this content.

However I've had no luck with the Carprin event in the Crypt of Decay. The event kicks off by defeating Carprin Deatharn, followed by:
- Avhi Escron
- Bishop Toluwon
- Vindor Mawnil and Raex Pwodill
- High Priest Szanvon

In my experience (which I vaguely remember, but has been reinforced by guides online) once Vindor and Raex are defeated High Priest Szanvon should become targetable. This however isn't happening for me.

I've waited for a few spawn cycles, but no matter what Szanvon never becomes targetable. I've even waited, as sometimes bosses take a minute or two to become targetable after the trigger (I'm looking at you, Emperor Ssraeshza). However I've hung out until respawn and Szanvon never becomes targetable.

I've even gone so far as to install another server and it happens there, as well. Because of this I don't know if there's something I'm not doing, something I'm doing wrong, or if it's an issue in the server/database somewhere.

Being new I don't know if there's something I can do manually to make the High Priest targetable (my account is level 250, though I generally don't have GM mode on), either in-game or in the database or--barring that--somehow granting my character the flag from this event manually so I can just continue.

Any suggestions?

**EDIT** I guess disregard. I saw in another post that #kill can cause problems with giving credit, and that may have been the issue. Using it on Carprin and the others was triggering the next spawn in the chain, but maybe it was causing a problem with triggering the High Priest to become active. I see that #damage is preferred in these cases.

In the meantime I did find a list of the flag names and found them in quest_globals, so I added a row with pop_cod_preflag. Went to talk to Seer Mal in PoK and she indicates I completed the Carprin cycle, so I think I'll be good now.