Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:07 PM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Default Enabling Mercs?

I found http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Enabling_Mercenaries

Is this still accurate? Do I have to connect to the peq database via mysql prior to running source mercs.sql? I'm not very good with SQL, but I did figure out how to connect with Heidi SQL to manipulate the zone exp modifiers.

Any help would be appreciated to get mercs enabled
Old 06-24-2016, 01:27 PM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Update - I took a VM snapshot before I ran it in Heidi SQL.. All worked except the last 2 queries I think.

/* SQL Error (104: Column 'spell_id' cannot be null */
/* Affected rows: 2,514 Found rows: 0 Warnings: 0 Duration for 2,502 of 2,504 queries: 23.189 sec. */

I reverted the snapshot. Please advise, thanks.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:09 AM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

So to anyone who stumbles across this... sourcing mercs.sql is no longer necessary.

I ran both of these, with a small exception of adding AllowMercs to ALL rulesets, instead of just rule set 10. I took dbstr_us.txt from an EQ client updated on live about a year ago. I placed this into my UF Client installation that I am using. I placed all the UF missing files into my UF Client installation. I ran these using Heidi SQL with no issues.

2. Your next step is to enable mercenaries in your ruleset. I am assuming you are using the default EQEmu ruleset of "10". Type in a mysql command prompt:

UPDATE `peq`.`rule_values` SET `rule_value`='true' WHERE `ruleset_id`=10 AND `rule_name`='Mercs:AllowMercs';
and press enter.

3. If you wish to tweak other aspects of mercenaries, refer to the list of server rules here, and update them accordingly .

4. You will also need to change the class of the Mercenary Merchants from '1' to '71' for their lists to populate properly.

UPDATE `peq`.`npc_types` SET `class`='71' WHERE `lastname` LIKE '%Mercenary Liaison';

Now I have Mercs, yay! My server is called Minnesota EQ.. I plan to leave it up 24/7 on a VM I have running inside my ESXi box. I run several other old school game servers like HL:CS & Q3 Open Arena. Wonderful job on EQEmu, I love it. Saves me $15-$30/mo & am having lots of fun at my own pace.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:44 AM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Hmmm, maybe i'm missing something. I enabled all the rule sets to allow mercs, and changed the merchants to the correct class, but when I right click, it says "you do not meet the requirements to purchase any mercenaries"... not sure what I've done wrong.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:56 AM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Are you using a SoD or greater client? That sounds suspicious of client version. I used UF Client.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:17 AM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Just figured it out, I did the changes while still in game, and changed the merc vendors first and then repoped the zone, and THEN changed the rules and reloaded the rules, but after repoping the zone AGAIN, it worked... weird, but hopefully this info might help someone else out too! Thanks for your info as well Gothmonk!

Edit: and yes, i'm using RoF client!
Old 06-25-2016, 01:37 AM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Good to hear. I banged my head on a desk for about 2 hours trying to use that mercs.sql -- that is simply deprecated at this point from what I can tell.. all that stuff is already built into the PEQ database. Mercs work great.. probably not perfect, but definitely better than nothing. Way better than nothing.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:33 PM
cannon
Hill Giant

Just my opinion. The mercs are real buggy with a lot of issues and unless you are enabling them to test them and/or work on them, then you probably are better off enabling bots. Bots are more stable. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:34 PM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Just my opinion. The mercs are real buggy with a lot of issues and unless you are enabling them to test them and/or work on them, then you probably are better off enabling bots. Bots are more stable. Just my 2 cents.
Is there a walkthrough of how to enable bots at the current database version?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Hey Gothmonk! Don't know if you still need help, but I finally figured out how to get bots working after some digging / research and help from Uleat and Kaless59 via PMs.

First off, bots aren't currently set up with Akka's installer (which is amazing! btw), so you have to recompile the binaries / source and copy / paste them over the current ones in your eqemu folder. Basically, I had to follow a few pieces of the guide from here http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main

Follow the steps to download the Git program, Visual Studios, and CMake. Then follow the steps about creating a folder called source and go from there until it discusses copying the files over. I didn't copy all of the ones listed, because I didn't want to overwrite my quests / maps / logs, etc... but almost all the others I did. After that you're done with following that guide.

Then you'll need to go to https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...09_30_bots.sql and source that into your db.

Afterward, you'll need to add this in your db via query

ALTER TABLE db_version ADD bots_version int(11) DEFAULT '0' AFTER version;

Then change the value from 0 to 9007

Then run Eqemu_update program in your folder and hit #4.

After that, you should be good to go!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:38 PM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueWizard View Post
Hey Gothmonk! Don't know if you still need help, but I finally figured out how to get bots working after some digging / research and help from Uleat and Kaless59 via PMs.

First off, bots aren't currently set up with Akka's installer (which is amazing! btw), so you have to recompile the binaries / source and copy / paste them over the current ones in your eqemu folder. Basically, I had to follow a few pieces of the guide from here http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main

Follow the steps to download the Git program, Visual Studios, and CMake. Then follow the steps about creating a folder called source and go from there until it discusses copying the files over. I didn't copy all of the ones listed, because I didn't want to overwrite my quests / maps / logs, etc... but almost all the others I did. After that you're done with following that guide.

Then you'll need to go to https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...09_30_bots.sql and source that into your db.

Afterward, you'll need to add this in your db via query

ALTER TABLE db_version ADD bots_version int(11) DEFAULT '0' AFTER version;

Then change the value from 0 to 9007

Then run Eqemu_update program in your folder and hit #4.

After that, you should be good to go!
Cool, thank you. I will try it when I get an opportunity. I gathered that you can't use the Akka installer.. I didn't realize I could just re-compile the binaries and use my existing DB (i.e. no player wipe for me). I will try out that process & let you know if I get stuck.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:10 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Yeah, Np. I was worried about that too, as I had already spawned some npcs, made some quests, created characters... etc.

And yeah, feel free to reply here if you get stuck!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's something amiss with those instructions..awaiting future posts :P

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Uh oh , please feel free to correct me where I instructed him incorrectly! (I just learned how to do this myself, but was wanting to help others out! ) I don't want anyone reading this to have incorrect advice. Bots are working just fine for me and those were the steps I followed to get it working. Perhaps I didn't explain it correctly??

I would like to add / ask you a question though, Uleat! Do you know how to fix the error when giving bots armor where it says 1264: Out of range value for column 'inst_charges' at row 1

This doesn't happen with all pieces of gear... but for example, my bot cleric, level 85, has equipped every piece of Rhodium Mercytouched except the breastplate... I assume something is going on with the clicky effect on it??

Thanks, and sorry for any incorrect instructions! Just trying to share / help!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

Not sure on the 1264 error...

That item shows '-1' (unlimited) maxcharges..but, the inventory is table is setup for unsigned values.

The old table uses unsigned, as well as the client inventory table.

Let me look at that tonight and see what's going on (probably needs a conversion from -1 to 255.)

No, on the setup thing I prefer to let the update script makes those changes if not they're not installed manually.

Since you told him to hit option 4 after setting to 9007, it should be ok - so long as it works (haven't tested it myself)

Compilin' Dirty