Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:12 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Looking to hire someone with PEQ server admin/dev expertise.

Good evening all,

Let me start by saying: this is not spam. This is not a troll. Hoping for to find someone that will find this proposal interesting/financially rewarding.

I've been a random around here for quite some time but you don't know me... I've made no real impact. I've sparsely participated in end game content on any server I've been on, and when I have it was only really by the good grace of others.

Over the years I've had the pleasure of enjoying many PEQ servers that have come and gone and, for the most part, have had a really good experience.

Recently, I've found myself with a desire to create my own server. I picked out a solid host and spent a good amount of time reading through install guides and old threads and different how-to's, but the more I read, I realize that it's awfully bold of me to think I have the time/knowledge to accomplish what I want on my own and have time to enjoy it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I want to play in a world created for me (and others if they enjoy it), more-so than a world created by me.

TLDR: I am looking to pay for a dedicated server and a knowledgeable PEQ admin/dev to configure it to my specifications.

Basics:
Basic Server Install - Windows, players should rely on RoF2 client installer.
PEQ Database Editor - Windows, (or maybe EoC? Whichever can accomplish what we need to do)
Working events/quests/tasks
Use login.projecteq.net

Game Configuration:

All gear attributes to be working (spell damage/healing included)
All non-generic wearable items can now drop as +1 and +2 versions (this should included crafted items if possible).
All gear is tradable other than +2 items.
+1 items have all stats increased by x2. These have a 25% chance of the regular version drop chance to drop. (For weapons, damage is increased, delay is not touched)
+2 items have all stats increased by x2, and 1/2 the base item's stats are added as heroic stats. +2 items also have a focus effect, but are the only no trade items in game. These have a 5% chance of the regular version drop chance to drop. (For weapons, only damage is increased, delay is not touched.) Weapons to have random procs instead of focus effects.
+ items that have INT as a base stat would receive additional +spell damage equivalent to INT given
+ items that have WIS as a base stat would receive additional +healing equivalent to WIS given

I know some of this seems may seem a bit convoluted but I feel most of it can be procedural through update queries, ie. x2 base stats, 1/2 base stats as heroic stats, +spell damage, + healing. Maybe even something like focus effects are rank 1 if enemy level <20, rank 2 if between 20-30 etc.
If it can't be procedural, I'm not above hiring someone to manually update focus effects/procs, or updating them myself using EoC once everything is configured. Side note: Our accounts should be the only admin accounts unless otherwise specified.

Progression:
A system to lock progression at the character level (thinking tasks but open to whatever works).
A character can only access X zones (based on expansion) if they have X flag.
ie. new characters can only visit classic zones until they complete the flag for Vox/Naggy (and would continue needing flags to access further content like some of the early live progression servers)
AoC's to be added for every raid zone with a 22 hour lockout.

Out of era quests/drops/enemies to be removed.
If a quest/drop/enemy was not available during that expansion (ie. noob armor quests) that quest would need to be removed completely.

Everything else should remain largely untouched.

This is really how I'd like to scratch my nostalgia itch- a different way to experience progression with the added benefit of being able to camp my favorite pieces of gear that might be crazy good and allow me to duo/one group almost any in era content in a fun/challenging way.

I've worked DevOps before in different capacities and should be able to understand you if you tell me what can/cannot be done and why.

Bottom Line:

Will buy dedicated X64 hosting for around $500/yr for this project
Will pay a pro $50/hr assuming around 20 hours to make this happen for me ($1,000 for the project, not including hosting) If you do it faster, awesome, if not, that's OK too. $1k is really all I want to spend for this and I'm in no rush.

Scope creep beyond the above specified to be negotiated before produced.

Note: If the consensus is that this would take WAY longer than what I'm thinking, even by the most skilled PEQ dev, I might be able to come up with more or adjust the scope to what can realistically be accomplished in a relative budget. I'm not looking to insult anyone. Let's make this mutually beneficial eh?

Feel free to post here or message me on Discord: Aporia#1337

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Evening all!

I've had a few people reach out so far and two of them were warning me about scams.

I do expect that anyone who reaches out can provide at least one reference to a project you worked on previously. I have also decided to use more widely known hosting services unrelated to the project.

Since it has been asked how payment would work- I'm more than happy giving $100 to begin work and then paid in chunks in some agreeable way. For example, $250 after server is setup and EoC/login servers are working and then X for every milestone. etc.

I genuinely appreciate the concern of you kind folk. I choose to believe that not everyone is out to get me and that someone would like to help make this happen for some extra spending money.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

UPDATE: I found an absolutely awesome person to help make this happen. He already has the server set up, EoC running, and a plan of attack for for making most of this happen!

Hopefully you'll see a new server in the coming months. Thank you all again! Cheers!

Last edited by Aeventh; 09-06-2022 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 12-20-2023, 06:26 PM
Kyp_Duran
Fire Beetle

Default Checking in

Just wondering how your experience hiring someone to create a custom server went?

Tags
hiring, peq, project, server