Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::need work

Quests::need work This is where quests that are outdated or still need work

Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Spectre01
Fire Beetle

Default Dark Elf Wiz Mag Ench Newb armor quests not in game

I recently started a Dark Elf mage and I got to the mage wiz enchanter tower in Neriak Commons. The Quests starter was not present. The NPC's name is Morgalanth Tal`Raeloen. Quest item names are Spurned Initiate items.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Sorta bored and not at home and don't have public facing access to my environment atm. So, it may not be much help, but, perhaps a start.. I didn't looking to see if it is included in the scripts or not, gave me something to do.

Read the remarks in the code (which didn't even check for syntax, no perl on my work laptop).

Code:
## NPC: Morgalanth Tal`Raeloen
##
## Script Status: Incomplete
## Notes: 	I cannot find context regarding HOW the mystical sewing kit is obtained, so I'm assuming
##			it is given upon saying 'mystical sewing kit' which I don't know the item #
##			Also, along those lines I haven't any idea the item numbers for any of the items used
##			in this quest, as I don't have access to a stock DB atm (assuming they're in there to begin with)
##			I also believe the person who submitted the text may have modified it erroneously so, no promises there either

sub EVENT_SAY {
	if ($text=~/hail/i) {
		quest::say(	"Who dares to address me while I am clearly busy reviewing my daily research. I ".
					"sure hope this is important. I do not have time to waste on just any initate of ".
					"House Spurned. Not a single day goes by that I do not come face to face with ".
					"cannon fodder that is not even worthy of a headstone in our burial grounds. If ". 
					"you wish to [prove yourself] then I might be in a generous mood.");
	} elsif ($text=~/prove/i) {
		quest::say(	"I must admit this is not the first time I have heard someone say that nor will ".
					"it be the last, however I am wiling to give you a chance. First thing we will need ".
					"to do is get some clothes in your back if you wish to survive for any amount of time.".
					"If you are a young Wizard, Enchanter or Magician of House Spurned then I will present ".
					"you with a [mystical sewing kit].");
	} elsif ($text=~/mystical sewing kit/i) {
		quest::say(	"The Mystical Sewing kit that I have created is one that is able to fashion a material ".
					"used for crafting clothes worn by all Initates of House Spurned. All that is required ".
					"are Cloaks worn by Lightwalkers that plague our Forest to this very day. If you are to ".
					"take my task and seek vegenence on this inferior group of Arcane lightwalkers you will ".
					"pride your house along with gathering one of the [key ingredients] for your armor. I ".
					"have heard rumor that they have tried to generate some kind of magic from a source ".
					"shrouded by our forest.");
		if plugin::check_hasitem($client, xxxxxx) {
			quest::say ("You already have a Mystical Sewing Kit!"); ## avoids the ugly error if they already have one
		} else {
			quest::summonitem(xxxxxx);  ## mystical sewing kit (LORE item)
		}
	} elsif ($text=~/key ingredients/i) {
		quest::say(	"You will be given different combination recipes for whichever armor piece you wish to ".
					"craft. You will combine the specific items in the Mystical Sewing Kit that I will give ".
					"to you when you are ready. After you have combined the correct items in your sewing ".
					"kit you will fashion together a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned. At that time you ".
					"will put the pattern that I will give you for each armor piece you request in the loom ".
					"along with this cloth to craft your Armor piece. I will also suggest that you craft ".
					"your Breastplate last due to the difficulty of obtaining the items. Do you [understand] ".
					"the instructions I have given you?");
	} elsif ($text=~/understand/i) {
		quest::say( "Very well, here is your Mystical sewing kit. I have the patterns and recipes necessary ".
					"to craft Spurned Initiate [Skullcaps], [Bracers], [Sandals], [Sleeves], [Trousers], ".
					"[Gloves] and [Robes]. When you feel you are ready to gather the items necessary to ".
					"craft your armor simply tell me which piece you want to craft. The items that you ".
					"will need to collect will mostly be found in the Forest but some will be here in ".
					"town. As I said before seek out the Arcane Lightwalkers to collect the cloaks that ".
					"you will need to make the armor materials. I look forward to seeing what you will make ".
					"of this opportunity.");
	} elsif ($text=~/final test/i) {
		quest::say( "Well, I must say that I did not expect you to progress in your training at the rate you ".
					"have. I also knew there was something that separated you from our other initiates. For ".
					"your final test, I will need you to execute three specific Orc Chieftans in the Nektulos ".
					"forest. Bring me the Prayer beads of all three Orc Chieftans. These Orc Chieftans are the ".
					"heads of each Orc camp and will be heavily guarded, so I would suggest bringing any ".
					"friends you have made that are somewhat proficient on the battlefield to assist you. ".
					"They have caused my house many problems and it is time that they are put to rest. You ".
					"have come too far to fail me now. I hope to see you soon...alive, that is.");
	} elsif ($text=~/skullcaps/i) {
		quest::say(	"$name, you will need to collect 1 Blood Drenched Cloak 1 Ash Drakeling Scale 2 Bone Chips and ".
					"1 Red Wine. Combine these all in your Mystical Sewing Kit to create a Bloodstained Cloth ".
					"of the Spurned that is used for creating your Skullcap. Take this Cap pattern that I have ".
					"given you and place it in the closest loom along with your Bloodstained Cloth of the ".
					"Spurned to craft a Skullcap of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## cap pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/bracers/i) {
		quest::say(	"$name, you will need to collect 1 Blood Drenched Cloak, 1 Black Mamba Skin, 1 Fire ".
					"Beetle Eye, 1 Short Beer. Combine these all in your Mystical Sewing Kit to create a ".
					"Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for creating your Bracer. Take this ".
					"Bracer pattern that I have given you and place it in the closest loom along with ".
					"your Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft a Bracer of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## bracer pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/sandals/i) {
		quest::say(	"$name, you will need to collect 2 Blood Drenched Cloaks, 2 Snake Scales, ".
					"1 Ruined Bear Pelt and 2 bandages. Combine these all in your Mystical Sewing Kit to ".
					"create a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for creating your Sandals. ".
					"Take this Sandal pattern that I have given you and place it in the closest loom along ".
					"with your Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft Sandals of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## sandal pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/sleeves/i) {
		quest::say(	"Welcome back $name, you will need to collect 3 Blood Drenched Cloaks, 1 Fire Beetle ".
					"Leg, 1 Black Wolf Pelt and 1 Water Flask. Combine these all in your Mystical Sewing Kit ".
					"to create a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for creating your Sandals. ".
					"Take this Sleeve pattern that I have given you and place it in the closest loom along ".
					"with your Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft Sleeves of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## sleeve pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/trousers/i) {
		quest::say(	"Hello again $name, you will need to collect 4 Blood Drenched Cloaks, 1 Deathfist ".
					"Legionnaire Scalp, 2 Bone Chips and 1 Ruined Wolf Pelt. Combine these all in your ".
					"Mystical Sewing Kit to create a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for ".
					"creating your Trousers. Take this Trouser pattern that I have given you and place it ".
					"in the closest loom along with your Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft ".
					"Trousers of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## trouser pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/gloves/i) {
		quest::say(	"Excellent $name, you will need to collect 3 Blood Drenched Cloaks, 2 Garter Snake ".
					"Tongues and 2 Spiderling Silks. Combine these all in your Mystical Sewing Kit to create ".
					"a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for creating your Sandals. Take this ".
					"Glove pattern that I have given you and place it in the closest loom along with your ".
					"Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft Gloves of the Spurned Initiate.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## glove pattern
	} elsif ($text=~/robes/i) {
		quest::say(	"It brings me great pleasure to see that your training has come this far Branaddar, ".
					"for your House Spurned Ceremonial Gown you will need to collect 5 Blood Drenched Cloaks, ".
					"2 Basilisk Eye Stalks, 1 Embalming Dust, 2 Large Snake Skins. Combine these all in your ".
					"Mystical Sewing Kit to create a Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned that is used for ".
					"creating your Robe. Take this Robe pattern that I have given you and place it in the ".
					"closest loom along with your Bloodstained Cloth of the Spurned to craft a Robe of the ".
					"Spurned Initiate. Please return to me should you succeed in this task, I have one ".
					"[final test] for you in mind.");
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); ## robe pattern
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
	if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, ferilsars_head => 1, wasolors_head => 1, deroslans_head => 1)) {
		quest::say( "Your prowess both in the classroom and on the battlefield has certainly amazed me. ".
					"Please take this relic that is only presented to the most dedicated initiates and ".
					"carry it with pride. You have made your house very proud on this day.");
		quest::exp(50000);
		quest::summonitem(xxxxx); # Ceremonial Dagger of the Spurned
	}
}
Old 07-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Spectre01
Fire Beetle

I checked neriak recently. Quest giver is still missing. Not complaining, I just like feeling accomplished by doing the newb armor quests.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:27 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

What server are you talking about?
Old 07-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Spectre01
Fire Beetle

Default which server...

the axclassic server
Old 07-16-2018, 06:32 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Just a suggestion, but you may want to go to their forums and post your requests. No one here can help you.

A quick internet search turned up: https://axclassic.com/
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Spectre01
Fire Beetle

I was mistaken.

I am on the PEQ grand creation omens of war
Old 07-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

If you're looking for Morgalanth_Tal`Raeloen -951, 146, -25
Old 07-17-2018, 06:14 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Again, go to the forums of PEQ Grand Creation... Not sure if you understand what most people are telling you. Maybe English is a second language or something, but this forum if mainly for server operators and the development of the EQ Emulator itself. Even database edits and suggestions are done over on PEQ Grand Creation. A quick google search will get you there.