Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Darkintellect
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Fellow Everquest fans, this will interest you!

As someone who played Everquest from 1999-2006 (Bristlebane) and Vanguard for about a year, I've always loved the dynamic of the game genre which is why I made the effort to get into P1999 and other server types. I still played other games, but after 2010 when MMORPG's became MMOAAGs (Masively Multiplayer Online Action Adventure Games), while interesting at first, the design is now boring and with nothing on the horizon as to an explosive new dynamic, the old is new again.

This is mainly for those still unaware of the game Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It's been doing exceedingly well (to my surprise) and is looking to be the true spiritual successor to the MMORPG classics, Everquest and Vanguard. While Brad McQuaid is on the team, the mistake of having him run creative management/director was given to Chris Perkins, for those aware of the technicalities behind the issues with Vanguard and Brad on the director side.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/

And for those who want to watch some of the development stages through 2016-2018, check out some of their videos. The game is currently in Pre-alpha and is slated for initial Alpha stage sometime in Q3 '18. Bards and Necromancers will be included before live as has been noted a few months ago. It's no longer up in the air.

Cohh does good videos and this is a good jumping off point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3MuXT7GrU
Old 11-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Warrior32
Fire Beetle

Thanks for sharing!

Tags
pantheon