Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default More Wiki Updates

The progress being made on the Wiki has been pretty remarkable. A lot of the content from the Wiki has either been imported or improved. 90% of the content being added now is new details and we've had a few different contributors in the past month. If you want to contribute towards the Wiki, contact me and tell me the reasons why you'd like to help and what you'd like to have added in there. Having knowledge ready and available helps everyone in the community. If you have a specialty or know something that could help others, don't sit on it. Thanks everyone involved.

Some Wiki links have been added on the left for common procedures, we can still improve on what we have available quickly to users. If you have suggestions respond to this thread.

Wiki Engine Code Changes:
  • I've added a ton of things, all pages now use bleeding edge HTML5 pushstate (Super fast page loads) and this only works if you have Javascript enabled. (Most people do)
  • Table of contents fully working
  • Fixed issues with header links
  • There is a new editor in place
  • You can now do Image Maps, (IE Link URL's to places on a map in the editor) You can do some pretty neat things with this
  • Authors can now fully administrate their own pages
  • Bunch of other tweaks fixes

EQEmu Pastebin - Due note, in the same Wiki portal we have a pastebin - http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin - Check it out!

Here is a big list of pages that has been added/changed in the past month, check them out!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:09 AM
vsab
Discordant

Awesome work all contributors

Minor 1st world problem- when I try to change my avatar by uploading a new picture, it boots me back to the "Personal Info" tab but doesn't actually change it.

The other slight issue is that the area to crop the image is now much larger and expands the existing photo to probably 200% the original size (so it's extremely pixellated), which it didn't 24 hours ago.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsab View Post
Awesome work all contributors

Minor 1st world problem- when I try to change my avatar by uploading a new picture, it boots me back to the "Personal Info" tab but doesn't actually change it.

The other slight issue is that the area to crop the image is now much larger and expands the existing photo to probably 200% the original size (so it's extremely pixellated), which it didn't 24 hours ago.
When I get a chance I will look at the user profile code and see what is going on with images and such.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Uleat
Developer

If you can't wait..try uploading a jpg conversion.

I had to attempt 'the crop' several times before the image took. Worked fine once it did.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 AM
vsab
Discordant

The existing one is a jpg - oddly enough it's not showing that problem now. I was trying to upload a png so converted to jpg and tried again but still no dice.