Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Linux Set Up Script - Some Questions

I managed to get your Linux script to work. I had some issues with mysql already being installed, and some password issue for ROOT, but finally got it to install. Amazing script btw!!!

Anyway, is there any kind of a recommended way to use those scripts that are in the server folder? I'm asking about when to use them, not how...

Best way to Start up the server?

In the old linux system TMUX was recommended. Is that still the case?

What about setting up static zones? I typically load 3 +1 separate eqlaunch process, 3 for static zones and one more for dynamic zones. How do I adjust the startup script to enable static zones?

I tried starting the server the way I used to (TMUX with 7 sessions, ./shared_memory ./world, ./eqlaunch first, ./eqlaunch second, ./eqlaunch third, ./eqlaunch zone, ./ucs, ./queryserv). It works sometimes, but was getting crashes when characters that were camped in dynamic zones tried to load. Characters to get to the character screen, but client crashed when trying to enter the game.

It does this server require different port forward settings than the old Linux setup did?

Well, there's my list...
That script probably saved me 2-3 days of effort to get all the necessary stuff installed and configured!

Thank you again for going to the effort to make those server setup scripts!
Riklin
Old 06-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Talking

I have spent the last 2 evenings trying new configurations and parameters, to get everything to work.

Regarding Port Forwarding, I ended up using the standard port forwarding with one exception. The correct ucs and mail port needs forwarded.

The ucs and mail port in the default Akka script setup uses port 7500. I set that port to 7778 like it used to be on my old server and that fixed this.

For mail and UCS to work you MUST use your REAL IP ADDRESS in your eqemu_config.json, not the lan pseudo one, if you want mail and UCS to work with any clients that are not on your local network.

I was able to get my old TMUX startup method working. The key difference here was to wait for 3 static zone launchers to finish loading their zones, then launch a separate launcher for the dynamic zones.

This setup script works really well! Now if I can just figure out how to get the PHPEditor to work...
Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

I am finding this very interesting, as I am very close behind you on messing with things...

basic Q here...how do you start the server.....with only...

./server_start.sh

and nothing else....or do you run every single service....

reason I ask is cause I have some errors and do not think I have compiled the right way, will look at this later as Im working 14h days this week and only giving myself 2h in evnings in stupid-mode lol

anyways, getting back into EQ has me in gungho mode and won't stop until I have my private server running haha

so far I can see the server in list but it is down.

AWESOME work everyone, makes a old soul happy to see the work ppl have put into this Project, FULL RESPECT !
Old 07-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

As long as you used the installer provided on Github, all you should need is ./server_start.sh which will take care of providing all necessary services

Also noticing Riklin's point about UCS, I'm not sure how that got adjusted but the default ports are now 7778
Old 07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

Thank you for a prompt reply....wont need UCS for now but noted....

when I start the server I get...

huginn@baal:/home/eqemu/server$ ./server_start.sh
[Status] Loading items...
[Error] EQEmu Exception (IPC Mutex) in /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/common/ipc_mutex.cpp at line (79): Could not create mutex.
Server started - use server_status.sh to check server status
huginn@baal:/home/eqemu/server$
Akka's Linux Server Launcher
Zones to launch: 30
updates_staged/eqemu_server.pl: No such file or directory

I can log in but server is DOWN

I can not find any info on this IPC mutex error....

that results in another Q....

is there a quick way to compile, instead of running the installer everytime, as I am good with MySQL and do not need all that setup again, will...

perl $eqemu_server_directory/server/eqemu_server.pl new_server

...work ?!

Oohhh this is all so exciting
Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Well, looks like immediately that you are running into permissions issues. The server installer usually will set ownership of everything under 'eqemu' try running with `sudo ./server_start.sh` or setting proper ownership on everything in your server file structure for the user in which you are executing under
Old 07-09-2018, 03:52 PM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

quick fix was sudo....EXCELLENT work Mr.

went from installing Ubuntu last night to fully running private server today, pretty flawless and unreal how smooth everything is, I can see alot of improvement from few years ago !

happy days ahead

keep up the good work everyone
Old 07-11-2018, 06:18 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

Is there a way to have that startup script run automatically at linux bootup and have the shutdown script run at a restart or shutdown?
Old 01-04-2019, 02:58 AM
Garudan
Sarnak

I have a very similar problem under Windows 10:

World.exe first runs into a:
Quote:
[Install] Installing :: eqemu_server.pl
[Update] Script has been updated, updating...
loop for about 100(?) times.
then World.exe says
Quote:
updates_staged/eqemu_server.pl: Permission denied
and also with EQ client i can go into the login screen which shows no server up.

when I run stop_server it runs unusually long, terminating lots of perl
Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garudan View Post
I have a very similar problem under Windows 10:

World.exe first runs into a:

loop for about 100(?) times.
then World.exe says

and also with EQ client i can go into the login screen which shows no server up.

when I run stop_server it runs unusually long, terminating lots of perl
Run your start up as administrator