Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Boo
Fire Beetle

Default Any way to get these working on Vista 32 bit?

I've seen a fix where you edit the registerocx.bat, that didn't work, and i have to go through remote access to my server to edit things with GeorgeS tools. Anyone know of a vista fix?

i get the whole mysql connected failed did you edit db.ini or did you install mysqlodbc drivers.

and the info in db.ini is correct!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Fist make sure you install only the myodbc drivers from my site. 5.x drivers appear not to work - only 3.51 will work
next,

Try this - from a user's post some time ago -

Run-time error '339':
Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

The test connection tool ran fine. It was something else. It took me a while but I finally figured it out and wanted to pass this info on. I'm not sure how many it will affect.

As far as I know, the second part of this will only affect those in Vista 64 Bit but the shortcut trick may work for those on Vista 32.

First, create a short cut to the file register_ocx.bat in the resource directory (from the zip you downloaded). In the shortcut to this bat file, edit the properties and select run as administrator. When you run the bat file, if it can't find the files, add the path to each ocx (as in the sample below).

For 64 bit:

c:\windows\syswow64 is actually where the 32 bit tools reside. There is a regsvr32 in system32 (which is 64bit) and a regsvr32 in syswow64 (which is 32 bit).

Edit the bat file so that it looks like this (or just create a new file):

Code:
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\a.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\imagelist.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\TABCTL32.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX

echo all registeredI got rid of the /s at the end of the commands because that was making it run silently and I was not seeing the error codes.

Now run the shortcut. You should get a dialog after each ocx saying that the dll was successfully loaded. Now the tools will work.

If you are running vista 64 and are having problems accessing mysql via odbc, post a reply here and I will write up a fix for that.

Hope this helps someone,

loglos

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Boo
Fire Beetle

i guess it was the drivers, thanks alot man. You and your tools are the best!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 PM
revisionary5
Fire Beetle

Default Problems

Hi. I just can't figure this out. I've read and went over all the information posted here, but im not having any luck. Im sure its because im running windows 7, 64bit. The files syswow64 is there but the regsvr32 isn't. I know my db is right. Would like some help with this. Ill post it if i figure out the answer.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
revisionary5
Fire Beetle

Default Got it

I figured out most of it but there seems to be a problem with two items, most likely these dont egg-sist yet.

Ran these in th command prompt

c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ a.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ MSCOMCTL.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ MSINET.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ MSDATGRD.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ VFmp3player.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ msdxm.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ quartz.dll
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\quest\resources\cm cs21.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\quest\resources\EZ FTP.OCX

Doesn't work.
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ imagelist.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ TABCTL32.OCX

Only installed the items editor and the quest editor so far. The files imagelist and tabctl32 dont really egg-sist yet.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:43 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

In Vista or Windows 7 you may have to open the command prompt as administrator to register these correctly.

Once you have an administrator prompt open CD to the directory where the ocx files are and type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' without the quotes. You only need to do it once and you should be all set.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Desipite the failed ocx/dll's, the tools should work ok. Let me know if any fail

Quote:
Doesn't work.
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ imagelist.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Users\Alawen\Downloads\eqemu\eqitems\resources\ TABCTL32.OCX

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
In Vista or Windows 7 you may have to open the command prompt as administrator to register these correctly.

Once you have an administrator prompt open CD to the directory where the ocx files are and type 'for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i' without the quotes. You only need to do it once and you should be all set.
This worked for me perfectly.

Win7 64bit.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 AM
Eq4Life2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
This worked for me perfectly.

Win7 64bit.
Trying the same on win7 64bit, A little confused by the the "%i", no comment.

I can get the admin command prompt up, but a little lost on what to type then

My path is C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\EQ Items\resources

what do I type in cmd prompt next?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You type exactly:

Code:
for %i in (*.ocx) do regsvr32 %i
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Eq4Life2
Fire Beetle

K got the ODBC installed properly now, now I am getting the :

"MYSQL Connection FAILED!- Check db.ini and did you install my PODBC drivers?"

I just confirmed the ODBC is correct , grrr
Old 07-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

with this I accept all but 2, the wshom.ocx and the sysmon.ocx
Old 07-17-2018, 09:34 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

I need your help please with george tools, I do not register the modules in cmd administrator
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM
hawkbs
Fire Beetle

@Dryamzord01 Click on the start menu in windows click search and type in cmd. On the result for command prompt, right click it and run as administrator.

Then in the command prompt type cd\ and hit enter which will take you to c:\

If you installed Georges Tools in c:\Georges Tools\resources you would then type in cd Georges Tools

If they are in another location you would enter that, i.e. cd users\\name\documents\desktop\eqemu tools\Georges tools\resources and hit enter which would change to that directory

In Windows explorer, navigate to the resource folder for the tool you want to run i.e.
d:\Documents\Desktop\eqemu\EQEmu Tools\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files\Tools\resources
find register_ocx.bat and right click on it click open with and choose notepad unless you have notepad++

You will see the following

Code:
regsvr32 a.ocx 
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 VFmp3player.ocx
regsvr32 quartz.dll
regsvr32 MSHFLXGD.OCX
Then with your mouse highlight one entire line of code and then hit ctrl-c to copy it
Right click twice in the Admin Command Prompt Window and it should automatically paste.

You should see something like this in the window

Code:
d:\Documents\Desktop\eqemu\EQEmu Tools\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files\Tools\resources regsvr32 a.ocx
Then hit enter. If all went well you should get a popup saying the file was successfully registered.

Then just repeat for each line that is in that register_ocx.bat file you opened in notepad or notepad++

When you are finished make sure you set the db.ini file correctly.

Then when all are finished chose the application i.e NPC Loot Edit.exe and run it.
You might get a popup saying
"ERROR IN CONNECTING TO THE DATABASE - DID YOU REGISTER ALL FILES"
Just click ok and ignore it.
The next screen you will see will have a picture of a mouse with a sword on it.
FIRST THING : Bottom Left Corner - If you see a tickbox to turn off sound tick it or you will get an error.

Second in the top right it will have the login info and may say error connecting
ignore that and click Lets Start.
Next is to test. As Im using NPC Item Editor Im going to leave everything as I see it.
Up top left it will see NPC ALL and ZONE OASIS. Then I click search. You should see a counter then counting upto 118 i.e. 23/118
If you see that then everything is working and its connected to your database.