Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Unhappy

Thank you for the information TheLieka, then it is supposed that dev's already begun to do it any time ago, but they saw that this task was too hard and leave it for impossible
Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arex View Post
Thank you for the information TheLieka, then it is supposed that dev's already begun to do it any time ago, but they saw that this task was too hard and leave it for impossible
I wouldn't say that. It's more likely that someone was working on it, then dropped off the project before completing it. I've got a lot of confidence in the eqemulator developers as well as the community, so I wouldn't deem anything as impossible. It looks like the title #command and PERL commands do modify the character profile in the database (based on AndMetal's previous posts), but we might be missing opcodes for sending the title to the client?

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)

Last edited by TheLieka; 02-08-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Old 02-08-2008, 05:10 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yes what most likely happened was the project was never completed, or was at one point and has since been broken over time. It happens a lot, especially with older, forgotten code.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:23 AM
TheLieka
Developer

I believe the code that I posted was designed to keep track of autoassigning titles based on AAs and/or Skills, and though the manager for that is incomplete, we could still get titles via quest and #commands if we can address why the client isn't updating (unless, of course, it's an unattainable opcode).

I haven't had any experience with digging out unknown OpCodes, is this genetic knowledge, or something that can be taught? Is there a way to gather them without having packet logs from EQLive?

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
[Debug] Unable to convert EQ opcode 0x5eba to an Application opcode.
[Debug] [CLIENT__NET_ERR] Death: Unhandled incoming opcode: [OpCode OP_Unknown (
0x5eba) Size=0]
Well, that would indicate the opcode for the title window or whatever it is you did that caused that debug message is 0x5eba.

For the rest that don't write to the log and are 0, the easiest way is to get it from an old Live capture. If none are available, there is another way but I am not sure of the legality so I'll leave it at that.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:22 AM
TheLieka
Developer

If someone happens to have the answer to that question, and it happens to fall into an email, and they fall asleep at the keyboard - only to hit the "send" key after having typed daxumvz at gmail dot com in the recipient field, then I'd be happy to delete it from my inbox for them.

Dax

Old 02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

TheLieka, finally got that u was looking for?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:06 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

Hi guys. I'm a noob who knows nothing about what you code guys do. But i also like the sound of titles. I was playing around with the Gm commands and seen that we have a #title . i have put GM as my title going to zone and see if it will show . Loading pls wait.... if this works maybe we could make a npc ,That lvl 50 players can hail but only lvl 50's have it set to give 2 titles if your male you respond with Baron or what ever maybe have more titles to pick from and have the npc do the #title Baron if test is Baron on target . ?? checking if DB has put the GM on my name . one sec...NO .crap i guess it makes your name to long and it will not support that many letters the /AFK flag dont work on my server well it was a thought
Old 03-02-2008, 03:11 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

TheLieka bet you know how your server has the warp detector set up ? love to have on my server
Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Arex
Hill Giant

Unhappy

Finally looks thast project is dead, because nobody can understand the complexity of titles structure,
Old 03-28-2008, 03:07 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arex View Post
Finally looks thast project is dead, because nobody can understand the complexity of titles structure,
OR people are fixing things that are more important...

Nothing here is dead, that attitude just needs to go away.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Theeper
Discordant

As TheLieka already said, it's probably because we don't have all the opcodes for the title window.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:31 AM
KLS
Administrator

Rogean had the titles working at one point internally if I recall, so it has to be possible, but like matt said until some more pressing things are fixed I probably wont be working on this. Community is free to knock themselves out though~