Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Deim0s
Fire Beetle

Default Minilogin 2nd account disconnects 1st

I set up a minilogin server and I also set up my game account and another for another IP. We can both independently log on and create characters on our own accounts and play fine, however when either of us tries to log in to the server select screen (it is not even necessary to select the server) while the other is in game, the person ingame gets disconnected. I have search for hours and tried everything I can think of. No account is using 127.0.0.1 as their minilogin_ip. Here are my configurations:

eqemu_config:

Code:
<server>
        <world>
                <shortname>woot</shortname>
                <longname>back in the day</longname>
                <!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
		<address>5.219.144.63</address>
		<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information.  -->
        <loginserver>
		<host>5.219.144.63</host>
		<port>5999</port>
		<account></account>
		<password></password>
	</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
                <key>some long random string</key>
                <!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
                <http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
        </world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
        <database>
                <host>localhost</host>
                <port>3306</port>
                <username>myusername</username>
                <password>mypassword</password>
                <db>mydb</db>
        </database>
</server>
LoginServer.ini
Code:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=5.219.144.63
loginport=5999
worldname=back in the day
worldaddress=5.219.144.63
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999
eqhost.txt for both computers
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=5.219.144.63:5999
My account minilogin_ip is 5.219.144.63, the other account minilogin_ip is 5.220.23.34 and I am trying to run the server on the same computer I want to play the 1st account from. I am also using Habachi to connect.

please please please help... =)

Last edited by Deim0s; 05-09-2009 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: added minilogin_ip account settings
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Deim0s
Fire Beetle

Well...days have gone by with no response. I suppose EQemu interest is waning. Regardless I was able to solve my own issue through time costly trouble-shooting. So here is what I did:

The issue here seems to be Hamachi. Inorder to prevent multiple loggins from the same account or character which inherently causes problems, code was written to prevent multiple logins from the same account and IP address. Because I am running the server on a Hamachi hub, login server thinks that everyone who logs in is doing so from my personal hamachi client ID. This was hard to find because I could watch the cmd windows and it would tell me that it saw other people trying to connect and it reported their hamachi ip addresses. This was however the problem and here is what I did to fix it. I used Navicat 8 lite for MySQL (which is free) to edit the "rule_values" in my database. I changed multiple things. I havent spent the time to see if it is all necessary or not but regardless, it worked.
These are the 4 changes I made:
World:MaxClientsPerIP = 16
World:AddMaxClientsPerIP = 16
World:AddMaxClientsStatus = 16
World:AccountSessionLimit = 16

Once I made the change I restarted the server and everything worked. You still have to make sure that you set up everyones accounts in the "account" section of the database. Every account must have a different ID number, and most importantly each account must have the minilogin_ip of the ip address they are logging in from. If you are running Hamachi it is simple to see from your hamachi client exactly what their IP addresses are. Also on a side note, please remember that you must have your own account minilogin_ip set to your real hamachi ip address, or if you are not using hamachi you must use your local ip address...if you see that your ip address in the minilogin_ip part of your account is set to 127.0.0.1 instead of your valid IP address then you will not beable to be connected to your server while others are.

So I currently have a Hamachi server running just fine, no bottlenecks or problems. If anyone has any further questions please feel free to ask. Good luck to you!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Nightlord
Sarnak

Your troubleshooting has just saved me hours of headaches Deim0s. Thanks for coming back and explaining your fix. I have been experiencing the same problem and your information allowed me to fix my login problems quickly.

Kudos to you!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Deim0s
Fire Beetle

Nightlord, thanks for your reply. Its hard to know if trouble shooting posts ever make an impact if people dont reply. Im glad this time it did make a difference! PM me if you have any other issues or find any EQ secrets. Im not sure whats wrong with me but I like to troubleshoot. =P