Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPulse View Post
If our playable character will be much stronger, will spells be bolstered as well? For both our character and the bots so they can keep up with our heals for instance?
I will leave it up to player feedback to tell me if spells are not doing the trick from the bots, but honestly they should be fine additions to the damage. Your character is going to be strong, no doubt, but bot wizards, mages, necromancers etc will not be anywhere near the word useless or weak. They will still add to the damage of the group quite significantly.

One thing that helps them is the 5% critical strike with all spells. Wizards get 10%. So far, from my own testing I don't really see this as any kind of issue at the current moment, but I won't be against buffing certain spells if they need it. However, you have to keep in mind that buffing certain spells may also make those spells
extremely overpowered to a class path that may enhance them, such as the Spirit Warden Beastlord who can get up to 400% extra damage with their spells at level 20 with their first charm.

:EDIT:
Now that I thought about it, I could always add expensive but purchasable generic spell damage enhancement charms that are perfect for bots. It's an idea, indeed.