Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Default World of Valcarona

Hi there,

Some of you may of noticed my server on the list over the past couple months, and I've also been posting a fair amount of questions on the forums here.

This community has been a great catalyst in me getting as far as I've come on my server, and for that I am very appreciative.

I'm going to be opening up my server to the public now. A sort of 'soft' beta, I really just want an idea of whether or not people like the direction I'm taking so far before I invest anymore time on my current path. I had previously allowed it to be open for a bit and the little I had done seemed well received.

Synopsis:
  • Boxing friendly and encouraged. No IP limit.
  • 3x Regular xp**
  • 3.5x AA xp**
  • Max level 70
  • Custom loot tables(existing items) in my predetermined leveling path
  • 3 completely custom group zones with custom scripts and items
  • 4 completely custom group missions with alternate currency reward and corresponding alternate currency vendor
  • The usual custom start zone, buff bots, etc.
  • MQ2 allowed. I'm going to officially sanction the classic underfoot build from MQEmulator.net*
  • EQBC allowed*

You will want my custom server files for everything to appear correctly. They can be found here. In addition my server greeter can provide that link in-game.

I look forward to seeing some people in game and am excited to see how people like it so far.

*As it is going to be a boxing friendly server and I have boxed a large amount of characters in my EQ career I understand the benefit of MQ and EQBC. Although the level of automation I will be allowing is going to be a grey line. Things like autoskill etc I'm completely fine with. The boxing program that exists on PEQ where one person is 30 + boxing and only really playing one character - I am not fine with.

**So far I'm pleased with the experience rates I have really tested and seen. With that said I'm not a fan of hell levels and will most likely iron any of that out. Consider the xp rates tentative for now.

I will be leaving the server up indefinitely for now. With that said, this weekend is pretty busy for me and I may not be in-game a ton. If you have any issues(or think you found one) please feel free to shoot me an email at EsildorWoV@gmail.com.

***Keep in mind this is most certainly a work in progress.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Gorbon
Fire Beetle

Great server, lots of fun and cool people. I hope this beta fully progresses soon!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I personally haven't been able to play a server as a player and enjoy it in a long time; however, I enjoy this server. I mean, what other server allows you to play an Enchanter without having to box 5 other toons? This is solo-friendly and boxing-friendly, I recommend this server if you're looking for a solo or even a boxing experience.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Skit
Fire Beetle

I have to agree with the posts above, I had a chance to play some on this server and it's alot of fun.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Happy to hear you folks are enjoying it. I really appreciate the feedback in-game as well, keep it coming!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Trubles
Sarnak

I seem to be mildly incompetent when it comes to this server.

Maxed gear, and still get my ass handed to me as a solo....
Old 05-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Skit
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubles View Post
I seem to be mildly incompetent when it comes to this server.

Maxed gear, and still get my ass handed to me as a solo....
Out of curiosity; when you say you're maxed gear, are you referring to the group level content gear? I wouldn't say the server is 100% solo friendly... Yes you can level to max level solo; and do a few other things solo, but it would likely be extremely hard to solo the group content that currently exists without a group of at least 2-3 depending on gear and AAs.

That said, the community is very friendly, and if you needed help with anything I'm certain you'd be able to find someone willing to assist. Feel free to hit me up in game and I'll be happy to help out or answer any questions you may have (that I can). I usually play sometime from 9 pm cst to midnight -1am on Skitty.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skit View Post
Out of curiosity; when you say you're maxed gear, are you referring to the group level content gear? I wouldn't say the server is 100% solo friendly... Yes you can level to max level solo; and do a few other things solo, but it would likely be extremely hard to solo the group content that currently exists without a group of at least 2-3 depending on gear and AAs.

That said, the community is very friendly, and if you needed help with anything I'm certain you'd be able to find someone willing to assist. Feel free to hit me up in game and I'll be happy to help out or answer any questions you may have (that I can). I usually play sometime from 9 pm cst to midnight -1am on Skitty.
I don't intend for someone to be able to solo my group content with current gear. Which is why it's group content. That being said, if you were fully geared/close to with a lot of aa's, I imagine you could at least tank it on non-tank classes.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:58 PM
pennywse
Fire Beetle

Default Great Server

Great server so far. I am really enjoying it, keep up the good work!

Is it possible to give players the #scribespells command though, so we don't have to go back every time. I mean, this wouldn't be an issue, except you level so fast that you are having to gate back to the hub every 2 minutes.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:47 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Having a great time myself. Great Job Esildor!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywse View Post
Great server so far. I am really enjoying it, keep up the good work!

Is it possible to give players the #scribespells command though, so we don't have to go back every time. I mean, this wouldn't be an issue, except you level so fast that you are having to gate back to the hub every 2 minutes.
A different possibility is that per level you learn your new spells and abilies... =P
Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
A different possibility is that per level you learn your new spells and abilies... =P
Yeah. This would probably be the best solution.

Also, just logged in and for some reason my inventory was missing. I did a reboot and everything is well again, not sure what that was.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I love you. I want to play again. Lol.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Hi Friends!

I'll be gone for Memorial Day weekend, but, as of now:
  • Exp increased from 3x to 4x for Memorial Day Weekend
  • AA Exp increased from 3.5x to 4.5x for Memorial Day Weekend
  • Special festivities going on in East Commonlands with custom loot!
  • These changes will be in game until Monday 5/26 at 11:59PM EST

Enjoy!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Update:

Turning off the increased experience rate at 11:59pm tonight as stated previously. Overlooked some pathing issues and unintended difficulty of East Commons so I fixed that and am going to leave it running until Wednesday at 11:59pm EST.