Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:22 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default 6.0-DR3 Attack problems and path files missing

I recently changed over from 6.0-DR2 to DR3 because my guards were not functioning even with proper faction corrections. After running my 6.0-DR3 server, (Greater Faydark) I noticed that I could not attack any monsters except maybe one or two guards and a Druid GM. The attack graphics would show but it would not say I was missing or hitting a mob, and I dealt no damage obviously. When I faced my back to the monster It said I must be facing my target as if it knew where it was according to my location, but yet attacking still didn't work. KOS mobs such as Decaying skeletons and orcs would agro to me and do damage to me but I could'n fight back, just accept the beating. When booting up the Greater Faydark zone, the only file that was missing was the path files. Where can I find the path files to add to my Map folder or do the path files have anything to do with my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. =P
Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default Guards

Do guards actually work on 6.0-DR2? I can't seem to run DR3 properly, I'm not able to attack while in the game so I guess I'm stuck with DR2. I set the factions correctly on my DR2 server but guards just don't don't seem to want to attack.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:31 AM
steelrat
Sarnak

Talking Guards attacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman55
Do guards actually work on 6.0-DR2? I can't seem to run DR3 properly, I'm not able to attack while in the game so I guess I'm stuck with DR2. I set the factions correctly on my DR2 server but guards just don't don't seem to want to attack.
As far as I know, I think that in 0.6.0DR2 the guards will not work correctly..I run 060DR3 and they do, I think it's only in DR3 that they work at this moment.
I would think it may be a problem with your binary files in the DR3 you have.. do a search for posts by Belfedia, he has an excellent D'L link for a huge amount of EMU binaries.

Last edited by steelrat; 07-03-2005 at 11:33 AM..
Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Links are here : http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18675
don't forget this excellent work for DR3 :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18934
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:25 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Wink Thanks!

Finally got DR3 to work properly, I'll just edit my factions so the guards work, but I'm glad that they have the capability of working. Thank you so much guys! I just want to say: Thank you for everything from all of the dedicated members to this community, I'm glad to see people that are so kind and generous, you have finally given us the ability to free ourselves from the shackles that the money blinded SOE put upon our imaginations.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:40 AM
phasepuma
Sarnak

I've been running 0.6.0-DR3. With the Guards working it does make things more interesting.. Glad to see you got it working. =)
Old 07-12-2005, 03:37 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default Pathing

I noticed that when npcs move, they move really choppy like, and after a guard kills another NPC the Guard suddenly warps around a little bit then goes back to its spot, any Ideas on how to correct it? The only error I'm getting when loading the zone.exe is that i'm missing the .path files in my Maps folder. Thank you
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default Attacking

I noticed when I attack something it regens way too quickly, I also noticed my character does a lot more damage than normal, I can end up killing a yellow con, can anyone shed some light on this problem? is there any way to get a more eqlive damage table? Thanks in advance for the help =)