Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:23 AM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

Default ForeverQuest - The second most fun you can have at your computer desk.

Hey gamer type people,

Since Trackye is more of an unsung hero type, i wanted to post this and get some good recognition going for this server.

ForeverQuest is a relatively new server (about 1.5 months now from conception) and already has a massive amount of quests, content and ongoing/interesting lore to keep players busy (even avid ones like myself).

The server has bots for those whom do not wish to box an army. And they are definitely recommended.

With that said, you will still want to box a couple characters (between 2-4 recommended). If you take your time to gear up, 2 groups (2 boxes + 5 bots each) is plenty for the content, if you are a bit lazier (like me) you can box additional characters to make up for it.

I'm having an absolute blast playing here, it has a mix of both EQ-like grinding and leveling mixed with custom content and quests.

Max level is currently 75, and upon hitting level 65 your journey beings in the custom zones for their custom quests and loot.

The last thing i want to really talk about is the polish that this server has already achieved. The lore, quests, and custom zones are top notch and Trackye is so open to feedback from his player-base and so active, that the server is growing at an incredible pace i've not seen before.

If you're looking for a challenging server that actually takes some time to complete, but has rewarding fights and progression - This is the place for you. I've not found a home like this one in a long time - There's something for all players here, and is lead by a developer with a clear focus and direction for his server. It's definitely one to check out.

Cheers,

Endros.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I'd play, but I'm totally 100% against bots.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:12 PM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

That's too bad, they're not for everyone =)
Old 11-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I'd play, but I'm totally against bots AND boxing combined.

The GM has a good head on his shoulders though.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
I'd play, but I'm totally against bots AND boxing combined.

The GM has a good head on his shoulders though.
I used to think boxing was fun...then I got lazy because MacroQuest did it for me, then I deleted MacroQuest, now all I wanna do is play a single character and actually group.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:31 AM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
I used to think boxing was fun...then I got lazy because MacroQuest did it for me, then I deleted MacroQuest, now all I wanna do is play a single character and actually group.
Yep, I don't understand why people play on a server with population just to play with themselves only with their box army. EQ has always been about grouping for me which is why servers like Imperium and Vengeful Soloist have been so much fun for me. I wish there were more servers were you could do raid content with 2-6 actual people, without people that have box army's running around keeping the raid bosses down.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:55 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

There are plenty of servers where you can do raid content with a group of real people. And 99% of those servers have a population of 1.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:01 AM
phorest
Sarnak

I'm ok with the ability to box 1 additional or have 1 bot. that way you can play a small group. I am against macros. Being able to warp right to the mob, take it out, loot it up and move on to the next is a joke. What are you working for at that point?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:24 AM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

The problem is so many servers (like this one) sit with a population of ~10. If we get more people actively playing here, you could just play 1 toon and group, it's all in the playerbase.

Just need to get those players online and playing together :P

I personally don't mind boxing, but still stay actively social (as anyone on the server will tell you) and group/kill with others regardless. It's all in what you do with whats given to you. Unfortunately people play on "solo" servers where everything is easy (because it cannot be challenging if a single toon can beat it because you cannot have mechanics, mana conservation on the healer, etc) and ignore those with a great developer because of a lacking playerbase.

TL;DR - Come play so the playerbase hits a point of only needing to group together =D

Edit: Any progression/custom content has a ZERO /warp policy. None of that here! You will clear to your mobs and you will goddamn like it!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

Really enjoying this server. It could do with more players though, I will help as much as i possibly can to get you started, dragon haste, weapons etc to get you through the early levels.

The level 50s are the worst, painfully slow as usual.

It's refreshing to see a server with bots/boxing which is still a challenge, and still requires a few people to down things, the amount of time Maad and I have wiped to Vulak is just ridiculous.

Armor/augs REALLY mean something here, Trackye has really made an effort to impliment time sinks which really benefit you, ie: the nub armor quests...

Kael + Ornate armor = BEAST MODE gear sets.

Custom route from 65-70, makes it a different 'grind' it challenges your skill, or... zerg power

Come give it a go.. send me a tell if you want a little help along the way with a few bits of gear, or help to down a beast...

Anthrax