Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Ownership of Eriviyn is being changed and I am retiring.

Dear players,

I know I said I would stick through it but honestly I have zero drive to work on the server right now because of how drained I am now on a constant basis, and that's not
fair to everybody who spent so many hours on Eriviyn. I shared many wonderful memories with you all and I am sad it has to come to this, but I have to do the thing that
will make me happy. With this said, I have decided the only option for me is to retire from EQemu with no promise of returning as I am far too busy trying to support my family
right now and hold down a job. I honestly just want to come home after a long hard day and relax without having a server to deal with. It's just too much work for me to
handle right now.

So what's happening is I am giving Kinglykrab full membership of Eriviyn and passing the database to him. This will allow all of you to enjoy the wonderful world that I created
but with stronger leadership and development skills. (Kingly is a beast coder) I told him to take my legacy and make well of it and I trust he is absolutely the best man for the job.

The server will be coming down and the database moved to Kinglykrab's set up. It was an absolute blast when I had time to develop for this server and I hope you all have many
more fun times with Kinglykrab's Eriviyn.

Enjoy my legacy and I love you all.

Signing out,
Drakiyth
Old 04-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Life is and should always be first.

Running a server can easily ruin you if you let it.

Take care of you.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 AM
provocating
Demi-God

You have to do what is right for you, real life has to take priority over everything. Running a server can be very draining, it takes a lot to meet the demands of it and real life.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

As of around 3 hours ago, the server has been up and operational. Feel free to come check it out.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

enjoy life and spend time with that family, maybe when you retire will pick it up again ;p

kingly: i liked the basic server but one thing i really hated and couldn't stand is the ambush system, it really disrupts things as alot of time it's kill for a bit then maybe stand around for some then play some more without worry. it's no fun having to constantly camp or face a certain afk death.

any chance of removing it ???
Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I'm currently taking suggestions, depending upon how the majority feels about ambushes, that could be an option.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Sucks man, but life is first.

Maybe now you can finally release your custom code for stats increasing hp/dmg/pets/etc.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:25 AM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

Any chance of this server coming back? Me and a few friends are looking for a server to mess around on and I kind of miss this server.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Try to not necro old threads, make a new post if you're curious..

But, no. It's not around that I know of.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

It was ran temporarily by myself, but I didn't have the time between school, work, and EQEmulator to maintain it. After I stopped hosting it, I openly released the entirety of the server, which was taken over by ghanja for a short period, then by dos for a short period. I have no idea as to when exactly it went down for good. But as Nerdgasm said, necroing is bad, haha.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:46 PM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

I understand being too busy to work on a server, but is there any way you can just host it and leave it the way it was, much like Imperium was for months? Just want to play on the server the way it was, not wanting any new content or bug fixes.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I wish I had the server still, but alas, I don't have any remnants of it, no scripts, no database, nor any of the source code.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:12 PM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

Hmm, that's not good. I wonder if Drak still has a copy of everything, or anyone else you listed that you gave the files to?
Old 12-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Aquaojo
Sarnak

Funny you posted this - I have been tinkering around on the old Eriviyn database recently in hopes of bringing it back and letting it ride while I am working on another project. I honestly miss playing there myself. I'll see if I can put the finishing touches on it today and get a box set up for it today.

Aqua/Dos
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Sounds good, glad to hear someone still has the files.