Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 PM
burt6
Fire Beetle

Default Shards of Dalaya (new to eqemu old to us)

Hey, so just wanted to welcome everyone in the EQEmu community to come take a look at Shards of Dalaya. We have had an awesome server and awesome community for I think over 10 years now with tens of thousands of hours of custom content and a big active development team. Just a huge amount of neat new custom systems and a great very active Player-base. We just completed our port to a newer EQ Engine so we could get listed with you guys and many of the EQEmu team have been extremely helpful with this process. Just wanted to welcome everyone to come check us out. More information can be found on www.shardsofdalaya.com and you can get a feel for the sheer scale of the server at http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/ Hope to see some new faces around here soon. Thanks to everyone at EQEmu that helped us with this transition.

*We literally just ported to the new engine today and things are 99% working and everyone took off work to catch bugs but bear with us if you try to forage and it makes pudding leak out of your monitor or w/e
Old 12-17-2015, 06:56 PM
phorest
Sarnak

I tried that server a while back.. When it was Winter's Roar. At the time it was run by folks that were far less than kind.. Neat custom content, but the way players are treated just wasn't worth it. No thanks.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Good luck getting a population that the tier 1,235,423 raids require. Nothing better than getting really into a server and smashing your face into a glass ceiling so hard you'd rather be playing a zamthos server.

Plus I haven't ever heard much about it these days other than there's one clique guild in the higher end, and they love noobs as much as Maze loves posters that can't search.

^All of this is said out of bitterness, this server has been around forEVER, and it truely sucks that all the cool shit is basically undoable until there is a revival and the reputation of the server changes.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Wiiiiiiipe! I'd play it in a heartbeat.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:01 PM
burt6
Fire Beetle

It's a great server, with great people playing. Sorry you had a rough experience many years ago, but the population and leadership is completely different now. I personally never even played when it was winters roar so I can't say that you are wrong. But I will say that many of the players I have met on SoD are lifelong friends now. As far as the low end content and tiers being inaccessible, this is to a degree true, as the server has been around long enough to be top heavy. However, almost everyone plays alts and enjoys lower end content and many of the larger quests in the game require clears of lower end content. I am not saying that you will be able to find a guild of tier 2 people to play with at the moment, but lower tier content is frequently cleared for quest reasons and people are usually very happy to have characters along that would use the gear. There is plenty of room to progress and plenty of room in groups for less seasoned characters. We are hoping with the addition to Eqemu to attract a new playerbase influx at the lower tiers also.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:53 AM
phorest
Sarnak

no thanks. that Wiz guy put a really bad taste in my mouth. You guys have fun. You will not see me there.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:03 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Welcome to the EQEmu community. Does this mean SoD will be more open with sharing bug fixes, custom content, helping the community of developers, fixing client support, etc or is it still going to be super proprietary?
Old 12-18-2015, 11:06 AM
provocating
Demi-God

They definitely have a kick ass website, I will give them that. Very well done.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:32 AM
burt6
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorest View Post
no thanks. that Wiz guy put a really bad taste in my mouth. You guys have fun. You will not see me there.
Ok, well I am sitting in the same room ATM with the current Lead Dev on the server, he says: "Tell him I agree with him, that guy is a jerk. People who miss Wiz have like battered wife syndrome, they are nuts"

We has not been a part of the project for at least 7 or 8 years I Don't think anyone has even talked with him.

I'm not trying to change your mind but yeah it is different now.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:37 AM
burt6
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Welcome to the EQEmu community. Does this mean SoD will be more open with sharing bug fixes, custom content, helping the community of developers, fixing client support, etc or is it still going to be super proprietary?
I am not the most knowledgable person about this, but.....
AFIAK, we have already been contributing for some time, Zaela has released like 10 tools for Eqemu and KLS has built LUA implementations are *maybe* part of EqEmu core now?

I know that we could not have gotten where we are without a lot of help from EQEmu folks who have helped us track down a lot of bugs and now that we are on similar platforms we are looking forward to a lot of future collaboration. We are all Nerds at heart that like talking about nerd things and comparing notes.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:56 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
SoD developers are regular contributors to EQEmu and have been for awhile. (They probably wouldn't have made it to preferred if they weren't)
Old 12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I was about to say, I have seen KLS changes to the repository consistently even when we were on Google Code. I just never knew what server KLS worked for until now.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:02 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I was about to say, I have seen KLS changes to the repository consistently even when we were on Google Code. I just never knew what server KLS worked for until now.
KLS is also an admin on PEQ.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt6 View Post
Ok, well I am sitting in the same room ATM with the current Lead Dev on the server, he says: "Tell him I agree with him, that guy is a jerk. People who miss Wiz have like battered wife syndrome, they are nuts"

We has not been a part of the project for at least 7 or 8 years I Don't think anyone has even talked with him.

I'm not trying to change your mind but yeah it is different now.
Nice to breath a long sigh of relief. Too bad they had admin status on eqemulator before these things were realized.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

newer clients supported? won't let me log in using HoT