Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default List of available zones etc.

Trying to find out exactly what is and isn't currently possible in eqemu (without further development)..

Found this http://www.shendare.com/EQ/Emu/EQRI/ and similar pages n the wiki, this one in particular sounds like it might mean ALL zones through RoF are available to host on a server, but it really only discusses zone is names and numbers. So my question is this: once I get my server to actually install, or maybe during?...would using this script add any missing zones in the list to the game, or is it really just a List? Obviously there can't be east and west commons AND merged commons, but I've been told that eqemu only goes through GoD in its entirety, without much mention of how much or little if any after is actually avail somewhere.

Could anyone comment on the matter?
Old 03-25-2018, 09:54 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

What you see available on PEQ is as about as "official" of a list of currently available live-emulating content that you will find.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

still not real sure what PEQ stands for, but i get the general meaning lol. What I understand now (thanks chaos) is that its all there through GoD, then the zones are all available but mostly unpopulated afterwards. I can deal with that, post-GoD is more my area of expertisie than Titanium.

Won't be fully legit, but I will do what I can to populate the empty zones on my server once it's installed, with what shoudl be there, or what I remember with some substitutions i'm sure lol. If we ever get a real ISP (satellite will never work for it) I'll open the server up for the few out there like me. EQEmu's even partial support (RoF2) is exactly the extent of my EQ knowledge, no more no less, so I think I'll make use of that fact and flesh the later game out some I literally quit playing between the Beta and preorders or CotF (i think thats the name of RoF's successor) and it's actual launch date. I even bought the expac on my main account, but I never played it out side beta, and i hated it lol.

Other than my installation issues, think i got all the info I need for a while. Thanks much guys, will post an update once it gets figured out and see if there's any interest outside my house for this kind of server. might not be able to host it unless i used my 4g lol, but could share/collaborate with someone else that could.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:44 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

PEQ stands for Project EQ which is both the first "official" Emu server, (The Grand Creation) the dev team and the most complete DB.
They have their own website, for both players playing there and for development reports:
http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?articles/

Per their news they currently working on DoN
Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
still not real sure what PEQ stands for, but i get the general meaning lol. What I understand now (thanks chaos) is that its all there through GoD, then the zones are all available but mostly unpopulated afterwards.
Just to clarify (for anyone), The current PEQ database is, for the most part, fully functional up to OoW
and relatively populated with stats and loot, (not perfect though).
As Chaos mentioned, they are now working on DoN. If you haven't noticed already, you have options
between some older zones and their newer versions, which are on that zone list.
For example, commons and ecommons vs commonlands (using short zone names), but depending on
your preferences, zone points, doors, ports, etc., would need to be adjusted for player access.
In the "zone" table in database, if you noticed the column "expansion", which gives the corresponding
expansion number for each zone. You will see some of the older versions of zones with earlier numbers,
such as "freporte" and a later expansion number for the revamped "freeporteast". So if you
wanted the Freeport stone in PoK to send you to the newer version "freeportwest", instead of freportw,
then you would be making changes in the "doors" table to whatever your choices are. Have Fun
Old 03-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Thanks grumpy. #zone around the game earlier to make a to do list for zone pops, and theres a LOT more up than i was expecting reading this, but some tweaking needed. Nearly every zone to the end was popped (windows installer lan server) just the later the expansion, the weaker the mobs were for their con, and none dropped loot after a certain point, or any xp that I could see. I expected to see almost no mobs up by underfoot if not earlier.

Have to do some digging into adjusting mob stats and xp so I can get these later expand tuned at least close, just haven't run across it yet. Looking at too many different how-tos lol.

Once I figure out how, I'll be doing a lot of work on SoF+ content. Won't need to do much research into how they're supposed to do so much as how to make them as I'm most familiar with this era. Will be happy to share what I get put together if anyone wants it, just gotta get started the right direction first.