Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Old 06-02-2008, 02:43 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
I've not used 64-bit Linux, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the problem, e.g. the code makes assumptions that certain data types are a given size (e.g. a long integer is 32 bits). If the size or alignment of data types is different for code generated by 64-bit GCC, then that would break things.
Ok, sorry for not mentioning that. I forgot, myself... that VM is so old. I'll make a new FC8 x86 VM and try it again.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
The files are posted at Legacy of the Rathe "general files" in "downloads". You have to be a member in order to see the downloads area - called "New updated Map pack". I also dumped the water maps from Titanium, in case the original dump I got elsewhere was incomplete (posted under "Latest WaterMaps").
Thanks, Angelox!

I wanted to note that you will have to register on his site before you will be able to see the download.

Also, I was wondering if you redid all of them, or only certain ones?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I made a GIANT batch file and in it are all s3d zone files i could find in the Titanium edition directory. I figured that's all we really need for this - it must have been around one gig of sd3s when I finally got them all cropped out. I pretty much covered them all. The water maps might have more maps too. What I had before was a mixture of maps I made and downloaded, but now I'm pretty sure I got them all covered with this package, what you see in this package is what I re-did.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

John tells me there's still 100+ zones not in the package - I see Azone does eqg files too now, so I'll do them and post also in a while.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:40 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Aye, I couldn't connect here for a while so I hit you up on your site

You could get fancy and use a "for" loop if you wanted to just go through all zone files. But I guess more than zones have the extension s3d and eqg... If you are doing this on linux, I am not sure of the bash command similar to DOS "for / do"
Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 AM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
John tells me there's still 100+ zones not in the package - I see Azone does eqg files too now, so I'll do them and post also in a while.
Thanks so much Angelox! I will be waiting for these impatiently
Old 06-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I only have limited space at the Rathe Forums, and I guess i used it up with the maps package. I'm waiting for Leara to open me up some more for the eqg package. Meanwhile, here's a temporary spot where you can grab it.
When you de-compress this one and unload them into your /Maps be careful what you overwrite! You may already have the proper maps from the s3d dump. I left out Lavastorm and Nektulos since we already have the good ones from the sd3.
But Bazaar and a few more are there and I use the original.
I noticed many more maps that got made (i didn't have) in this one.
If anyone sees any other map they want made, post and i'll do it.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
erde
Sarnak

Thanx Angelox!

I have setup a mirror for the map archives.

eqg_maps.tar.gz
NewMaps.tar.gz
NewWaterMaps.tar.gz
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Great work Derision, and thanks for the hosting and mirrors, Angelox and Erde
Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Nice work, Angelox. Thanks for doing this. I'll test them out today. I am a little confused by what you mean by "we already have good ones from s3d". Aren't the eqg's newer zone formats? I know no one likes the Titanium Nektulos (gods, please let me use the one from the Live Progression servers!) but I do not so much mind Lavastorm or Bazaar as it is in Titanium.

Maybe you can make a smaller pack with just the dupe zones in it? Then the admin can decide what to apply.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, it's not what we like, but what we got - for example, Lavastorm is already spawned with the old sd3 , so if you go to eqg update, you have to respawn and redo everything.

I also noticed something I believe is new with these maps;
I've been working on all the boats these past weeks, since I added the new maps, boats would turn up in the air or under water - I guess what happened is, with the old Maps, boats used the Z coord from their spawnpoint, and ignored what ever Z coords that were in the grid waypoints. With the new maps, Z coord is now used in grids, so if you had a Z coord you made while setting the WPs too high, your boat will be headed there. What I did was, go back to the grids and set all the Z coords too the original spawn point of the boat (this is the way it should have been anyways). Anyways, when ever we finish the new AX_CLASSIC database update, all those fixes will be there.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I also just got the "eqg_maps.tar.gz" file posted at Rathe Forums.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 AM
trevius
Developer

WOOT! Those eqg maps work great! Unless I am wrong, I think we now FINALLY have full access to use all zones in Titanium!

Thanks a TON, Angelox and Derision!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
WOOT! Those eqg maps work great! Unless I am wrong, I think we now FINALLY have full access to use all zones in Titanium!

Thanks a TON, Angelox and Derision!
I shouldn't be getting any credit for this, Derision is the man to thank , he's done some incredible things for this project; to me, he is a Developer, just like some of the others that have done good work here. I wonder if there are any plans to put this update in the source?
I know what it feels like to not have access to Azone, because either it doesn't compile, or have a windows server - Then, have to beg for weeks just to get some new map files.
This Emulator is still alpha right? even if it were beta, I think ALL reasonable fixes need to go in the source asap.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
TheLieka
Developer

For ServerOps that want to continue using the original zones (nektulos, lavastorm, arena, oasis, sro, nro, etc) are there updated .map files of the old versions of these zones as well?

Thanks,
Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)