Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

This is probably the most impressive tool I've seen yet - Can't complain now; 'when do my fixes get in?'

The policies seem to be changed too, no 'year-round' waiting lines for 'approval'. I really don't think that quickly adding reasonable code that's been tested as working, will diminish the quality of the source. And like I said before, if there's a problem with the update (and I've seen problems even with 'approved' updates), we can take it out or change it in a flash.

Something like this is what comes to my mind, when I think of the words 'open source'.
I'll be working on converting my custom database to be compatible with this Emulator and am interested in adding the bot code to this (I, like many of you, am a bot addict!).
Congdar; if you don't have the time to merge the Bot code, I can do it. I'd like to do it ASAP, as having it in the main source will relieve me of the burden of merging the new source to it all the time, and posting merged code on an alternate site.

I want to point my time and whatever help I can provide, to this new (exiting!) direction.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Congdar
Developer

I'll be happy to add the bot code. The recent changes and requests have made it a bit unstable, but i'll check it in once i've ironed out the new wrinkles.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
So_1337
Dragon

There are even unofficial binaries posted there? Oh man. This is going to be good news for everyone. My players are well aware that we run the latest code and I tell them things to check out and test.

It's great to see things stepping up around here. Way to pull together, guys =)
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

BTW when are you guys going to post an oficial release? I belive you have added like few dozen of new features to the source code since September 2nd
Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I moved the download posts and locked that thread, so you can easily find them. I quickly tested the executables, they look to be ok.
If you have any problems post here and I'll try correct it.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

but what about changes/fixes/features implemented list and how to use them? Or should I wait till official release posted on Download page?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:22 PM
paaco
Discordant

Can one of you guys post how I would log into the SVN to download from it? It may sound like a dumb question but I am pretty new to messing with SVN. I have no problem compiling the eqemu code though and would love to help test new changes.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
but what about changes/fixes/features implemented list and how to use them? Or should I wait till official release posted on Download page?
I included the changelog.txt, together with a few other files I thought you might need.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaco View Post
Can one of you guys post how I would log into the SVN to download from it? It may sound like a dumb question but I am pretty new to messing with SVN. I have no problem compiling the eqemu code though and would love to help test new changes.
You probably need a windows version of SVN client - I think sourceforge has some , try looking there first, well if you're using windows, Linux should have it integrated in the system.
The Linux command is 'svn', try 'svn --help'.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 PM
paaco
Discordant

Thanks Angelox I appreciate the quick answer. I should have messed with it for a minute before asking. Forgive me for being lazy lol. I grabbed TortoiseSVN and within 5 minutes had it downloaded. Added the required SQL to my DB. Compiled and it seems to run fine so far. One question I have though. I compiled using VS 2008 Express. It compiles fine but world.exe crashes instantly when you run it.

I found that if you compile using debug it works perfectly though. Just seems a bit off. Not that I'm complaining, I was happy to get it working so easily
Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 AM
erde
Sarnak

I had the same issue when compiled in release.
This stops the crashing Release build fix
Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 AM
paaco
Discordant

Hey thanks Erde, thats good stuff
Old 10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
cubber
Discordant

After I built the current SVN and ran my script to create the proper symlinks in my server directory, I noticed that cleanipc does not automatically build in the current svn revision. I had to maunally go into the utils directory and run make to build it.

cleanipc is still needed for a clean server shutdown correct?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

cleanipc is required, that was my mistake. I'll re-add it. (I don't ever build it anymore because it hasn't changed in years)
Old 10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
cubber
Discordant

Thanks cavedude, I also noticed that on the peq changelog it says rev 52 and peq db 1029d

I just built svn rev 52 but when I pulled down the peq db from cvs to update my db I only got rev 1029c. Does rev 52 require 1029d or can I wait until you commit it to cvs? I have not had a chance to log onto my server to test yet but it seems to have started up fine.