Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84
Oh man was that funny. Just the other day in the news there was a bunch of girls saying that they were all over Justin like John Adams was on the EqEmu loginserver after a DNS party.

Weird I know!
LMFAO

i know i can count on you guys to give me a good chuckle at work.

cheers!

== sfisque
Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 AM
KillerDestroyer
Fire Beetle

Default Help help

I recently have gotten everything for the Emulator, and did everything i needed too. Or i hope i did. Anyway, i get to log in screen and use various of my id's. It looks like the original eq login. When i get to the server screen, it says i have 0 of 0 expansions. Help me please.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

1) are you using a CLEAN install of Titanium client?

2) are you using MiniLogin or the public Login Server?

3) is your server list empty or do you see your server (and other servers if you're not using MiniLogin)?

provide any additional information that might be relevant, as well.

== sfisque
Old 06-12-2007, 09:12 AM
KillerDestroyer
Fire Beetle

actually i have it working now, but when i open a server it wont finish loading, basically makes everquest stop responding. help me please.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

are you using a clean install of Titanium?

is it your server that is hanging or does this happen with any server you select?

does the client actually crash, just hang at a blank screen, or display the splash screen and never connect?

== sfisque
Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 AM
KillerDestroyer
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque
are you using a clean install of Titanium?

is it your server that is hanging or does this happen with any server you select?

does the client actually crash, just hang at a blank screen, or display the splash screen and never connect?

== sfisque

No i am not using Titanium, but i have all of everquest on my computer. It is all the servers i have tried.(Quite a few) It causes Black to the left of my screen, it will stay up until i right click close. It is the blank screen that shows right before you log into a regular server on everquest. But sticks.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:51 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDestroyer
No i am not using Titanium, but i have all of everquest on my computer.
unless you have the "magical 0.6.2 client" or a fresh install of Titanium, all bets are off. EqEmu only "officially" supports those two clients.

i cannot stress this enough. we get a bajillion of these posts every month. if you dont have Titanium or the 0.6.2 build, it will not work. even though titanium isnt sold by sony anymore, you can get a copy on Ebay for 10-20 dollars US pretty easily.

== sfisque
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
KillerDestroyer
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque
unless you have the "magical 0.6.2 client" or a fresh install of Titanium, all bets are off. EqEmu only "officially" supports those two clients

== sfisque
What is this magical thing? And i can probably download titanium. For free.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDestroyer
What is this magical thing? And i can probably download titanium. For free.
the 0.6.2 client is a "frozen" version from many patches ago. at some point in the past the Emu was made compatible with a specific client version, and people were instructed not to patch to live because they wanted to stop "chasing sony". Titanium removed this restiction, but alot of old timers still use the "frozen" version.

as for obtaining it, there is no legit way, since the emu project does not condone distributing copyrighted material. hence, Titanium is the only avenue currently available for newcomers.

hope this explains it clearly.

== sfisque
Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
mattmeck

How the hell did this go from an announcement of the whole project moving to a new home to a support thread for people who don't bother to read?

Locked before i start banning people who don't bother to read
Closed Thread