Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Good job fellow old coder. Although I got out of programming some 20 years ago, I too did a fair amount of 6502 on PETs, C64s, VIC 20s of all things. Also, Z80 on my TRS-80
Old 07-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Derision
Developer

Although with this opcode, the pet window comes up and you can control the pet with it, I didn't see the pet's health bar in other group members group window. I'm guessing the code just needs altering to send the OP_Charm packet to all group members.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
I'm feeling rather proud of myself this morning, I found the OP_Charm opcode for Titanium.
Only this morning? Hell, you're the main reason why I keep coming back to these forums! You always have a very useful fix for all eras - since you like to fix stuff that started back in the older days, it then benefits the classic people and the "live pursuants', or anyone else for that matter.

When I start my daily 'fiddle' with EqEmu , first thing that comes to mind is, "I wonder if Derision has anything new? I think I'll check the forums ..."

If I were still giving out ranks, I would have had to find a new rank for you.

Thank you for the fix!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
So_1337
Dragon

That is damned impressive. I've seen so many things on here dismissed as not being feasible, and I'm always so proud to see someone find a way to work it. Fantastic work!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggg230 View Post
The servers dont just automatically send the packets. They have to be coded to, and that's the problem.
Actually I meant you could sniff the packet coming from the client. Still, I don't know how far that would get you. Obviously if the problem is the opcode sent back down to the client, not very.

And great work on finding the OpCode!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
Although with this opcode, the pet window comes up and you can control the pet with it, I didn't see the pet's health bar in other group members group window. I'm guessing the code just needs altering to send the OP_Charm packet to all group members.
Well Im sure there must be some routine to send updates about specific NPCs, this issue certainly isnt as much of an issue as not being able to buff ones pets if a necro, mage, druid and anyone else Id forgotten.

All pets health bars, summoned or not, arent updated without targetting the pet as it is right now, so most charmers/pet classes have become used to keeping on eye out on their pets health.

Although, feel free to fix these two issues too. heh.

Again, thanks.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWatchdog View Post

All pets health bars, summoned or not, arent updated without targetting the pet as it is right now, so most charmers/pet classes have become used to keeping on eye out on their pets health.

Although, feel free to fix these two issues too. heh.

Again, thanks.
He already did: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25699
Old 07-25-2008, 01:56 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Cool. Assuming that sends pet health updates to other group members too, that leaves only the update to group members when someone charms/loses charm on a mob.

Good work!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
That is damned impressive. I've seen so many things on here dismissed as not being feasible, and I'm always so proud to see someone find a way to work it. Fantastic work!
It's not really anyones fault, I think there's a reason for this; Roughly, we have two types (in the computer realm) - The Hackers (good hackers!) and the Programmers. A Hacker will try anything regardless of 'if it's supposed to work or not'. Hackers are what made the C64 PC so popular (C64 (Commodore 64) was probably the most hacked PC ever). On the other hand, Programmers follow rules and do not like to depart from that.
In general, Hackers have some knowledge of programming while a good Programmer is highly educated in his area.
The trick is to have a highly educated programmer that likes to hack, and has no qualms about it (hacking, trying anything). Keep in mind, to me, hacking is not a bad word, and it is a main ingredient to a lot of good things that happened in the computing world.
That's why I tried to tell some people, you have to get the fixes posted in ASAP, not worry about if it's perfect. People like Derision obliviously know what they are doing (a highly educated programmer that likes to hack?), and don't need to be oppressed by the useless bureaucracy that has developed here. In fact, I now see other submissions(from other people) that were posted a long time ago and were totally ignored? why? Because someone said it was not going to work?
New stuff needs to get placed in the source, if it doesn't work, well, we all know this is beta (alpha?), it can be taken out again.
But I'm tired trying to get this project to 'rise from the dead'. I finally learned how to add all these submissions myself, to my own source.