Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

does anyone that its happening to have a public server I connect to so I can try to reproduce this error for myself?
Old 10-18-2004, 03:20 PM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

This is happening on PEQ The Grand Creation for me.
Come to #npcmovdb and PM me, so I can give you my login info if you want to try it with my chars.

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:26 PM
moadhib
Fire Beetle

Same problem here.

6.0 DR1 server with 6.0 DB. If I let my Zones be dynamic - black screen after char creation or selection. As soon as I make my zones static - smooth as silk.

Funny thing is I didn't have this problem till this afternoon - and I changed nothing...
Old 10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
zephyr325
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
does anyone that its happening to have a public server I connect to so I can try to reproduce this error for myself?
You're welcome to try it on my server - I'm the last one on the list -Zorpormani. If 'ya tell me who you're logging in as, I'll capture the output from the screen and post it as well...hell, lemme know you're coming and I'll grab a damn packet trace...this error is driving me nuts!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Yeah my laptop fans usually run at 33%, occasionally bumping to 66% during normal play. When this happens, they go to 100% within seconds and stay there until 5-10 seconds after I end the client process. I was assuming it was GPU related and was hammering the crap out of it with stuff it could not render, but I supposed it's possible it was actually the CPU (my laptop uses integrated fans/sinks for both CPU/GPU).
Old 10-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
I'll leave mine up overnight for you. Druzzil's Destiny. Gimme a sec.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

One thing I did notice that isnt good when I tried to login to govtcheeze's char (might be unrelated to this bug), but we are sending empty spawn position updates in some places. I'm going to compile a zone that spams the client with these packets and see if it still zones in.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Now that you mention it.. one time that I did actually get logged in (like the one time with spawns), I had like 25-30 mobs sitting right on top of each other battling over spawn spot 0 0 0. Just thought that might help debugging if it's relevent at all.

BTW server up for the night and I backed my db up, have at it.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:13 AM
bobby15
Fire Beetle

Default hmm

I was having Dynamic zones working fine with the PEQ database. Now I downloaded a precompiled Perl world.exe and stuff. And It doesn't say Unknown packet during client connection. It just says unknown opcode. Any further info on this? And also, instead of black screen I get the "Zone Is Not Available" message. Which I wasn't getting before i switched to perl.