Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
kameko
Sarnak

Default Problem with Sitting in SoD

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to SoD and am having a problem.

I updated my server code and db to match SoD. When I play a character I get a repeating message
"You gain control of you character" something like that.

I can't sit because every time this message comes up my character stands. This effects scribing spells, even opening my spell book.

are there any other reports of this ?

also, my world.exe window seems to get this packet repeatedly 0x5d24 I believe. I do not have it running right now but I think that has to do with the message I have been getting in game.

I'll see what I can do to fix this in the meantime.

Thanks for any help..

Michael
Old 04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
kameko
Sarnak

I looked into this a little further.

In the source code, MobAI.cpp there is this:
Code:
void Client::AI_Stop() {
	Mob::AI_Stop();
	this->Message_StringID(13,PLAYER_REGAIN);

EQApplicationPacket *app = new EQApplicationPacket(OP_Charm, sizeof(Charm_Struct));
	Charm_Struct *ps = (Charm_Struct*)app->pBuffer;
	ps->owner_id = 0;
	ps->pet_id = this->GetID();
	ps->command = 0;
	entity_list.QueueClients(this, app);
	safe_delete(app);

SetTarget(entity_list.GetMob(pClientSideTarget));
	SendAppearancePacket(AT_Anim, GetAppearanceValue(GetAppearance()));
	SendAppearancePacket(AT_Linkdead, 0); // Removing LD packet so *LD* no longer appears by the player name when charmed/feared -Kasai
	if (!auto_attack) {
		attack_timer.Disable();
		attack_dw_timer.Disable();
	}
	if (IsLD())
	{
		Save();
		Disconnect();
	}
}
PLAYER_REGAIN is defined as the message I am getting repeatedly. So, does this mean I may be going LD for brief moments? it is literally 2 times a second I get this message.

Thanks for any help here... I'd really like to be able to play and test SoD, but if I can't get this solved I have to go back to titanium version.

Michael
Old 04-24-2010, 02:43 AM
trevius
Developer

The 0x5d24 opcode is just basically a CRC check that the server ignores and doesn't need. You can ignore that.

It sounds like for some reason you are getting the charm code to go off like you are being charmed. I don't know what you are doing to cause that, but sitting doesn't cause any issues at all for me.

Maybe it has something to do with the zone you are in, or what you are doing in that zone, or maybe you are running MQ2 and it is interfering somehow. If you provide more specific details about exactly what you have been doing, maybe we can figure it out.

After you updated your server, did you make sure to move the most recent patch_SoD.conf file over from the server /utils/ folder into your server folder? If you didn't it is going to have issues for sure.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 PM
kameko
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply trevius,

I don't use MQ, don't know much about it tbh. But I found the problem, and like you thought, it was because of the opcode files. I copied the opcode files from the utli dir and then it worked great!

Michael